Botched new Acolyte Units Roll-out

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
11 июнь 2020, 00:5811.06.20

Hey Folks

I believe the new Acolyte roll-out was certainly not well thought out and there were some unanticipated consequences for some Players, certainly for myself.

The Unit production was able to commence today as was previously announced. BUT the Agreement upgrades for the Units were available for upgrade about a week ago. So being the diligent little Sparta player I am, I made 113 upgrades, in total, to the new Cult Agreements, using up virtually ALL my sketches and a significant number of time boosts. Imagine my reaction when I see on the day of the roll-out there are 2 tournaments where you get points for every Agreement upgrade to be applied for redemption of units, sketches, and Ares tablets.

Boosted the 1 agreement that I had in the queue and got 121 tourney points for it. Do the math on 113 upgrades. I might have cleared the rewards and on top of it got a significant amount of my sketches back. Granted, I don't know if the lower lvl agreements are fewer points but the point is still valid, only the total value of reward points is in question. Bottom line is I lost out on an opportunity to make significant rewards.

Wonder how many others got caught as well. Frankly, I believe Plarium has been disingenuous in the roll-out. Allowing some features to be activated and then having 2 Tourneys on the roll-out commencement rewarding Players who did not utilize the opportunity to upgrade agreements is showing very bad faith. The fair approach would have been either to have the tourneys coincide with the Agreement activation OR delay the agreement activation to coincide with the tourney and full roll-out.

We are not happy.

What say you Plarium??

Regards, Avatarcanada

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
NancyAdmin
12 июнь 2020, 14:4112.06.20

AVATARCANADA, all I can say is that it's up to a player's decision when to perform one or another action in the game. There are lots of activities that players do on a regular basis that could have brought some points if a corresponding event/tournament was launched. However, due to their strategy or current focus in the game, they complete such actions, even when tournaments are not available, in order to achieve their set goals. 

If you want to receive some rewards for signing of new agreements, I suggest that you wait for a particular event/tournament first and then start signing them.  

13 июнь 2020, 12:5513.06.20
13 июнь 2020, 12:56(отредактировано)

Hi avatarcanda.... this is in my personal opinion & experience, as long time player of this game and many others for the past 17 years... this new tournament is another way to make us spend more money, buying more and more things (that as nancy says, they do not oblige to do it, us as customers, we can do with our money what we want). they know the few active players left will leave once  they can only perform in app and no browser game, so they are trying hard to make everyone spend much money as possible before game finish its natural life due to lack of players...  

again, in my personal opinion, the mechanics or operativity of the game is not important for developers, i can say that today for a fact as there are matters waiting to be resolved for the last two years and they still say they need more time... they seem concentrated only in bringing more and more stuff so people spend more and more.. and not in what players ask.

PD (I dont break any forum rules, for giving a personal opinion about the game, in a public game forum that encourages the free debate and discussions in its forum police)

16 июнь 2020, 01:4216.06.20
Nancy said:

AVATARCANADA, all I can say is that it's up to a player's decision when to perform one or another action in the game. There are lots of activities that players do on a regular basis that could have brought some points if a corresponding event/tournament was launched. However, due to their strategy or current focus in the game, they complete such actions, even when tournaments are not available, in order to achieve their set goals. 

If you want to receive some rewards for signing of new agreements, I suggest that you wait for a particular event/tournament first and then start signing them.  

I think the point here is that you can sync tournaments to other events that power them, but you often don't. Then to say someone can choose when to do something rather than admit the planning could have been better is not a great way   to go about things....because...we have no idea when or what new tournaments are coming....so publish a weeks schedule and we can plan better
16 июнь 2020, 05:1116.06.20

Wonder how many others got caught as well. Frankly, I believe Plarium has been disingenuous in the roll-out. Allowing some features to be activated and then having 2 Tourneys on the roll-out commencement rewarding Players who did not utilize the opportunity to upgrade agreements is showing very bad faith. The fair approach would have been either to have the tourneys coincide with the Agreement activation OR delay the agreement activation to coincide with the tourney and full roll-out.

Hello Avatarcanada!

What can I say--- been there done that. Both things: as a long term player, I got caught and I took advantages in different tournaments. It´s the way Sparta works.

Didn´t like when I got caught, loved it when I was able to catch up... but there isn´t a way to predict it. 

As Nancy said before, I try to play the required features in specific events and its turning ok. If I choose to upgrade an agreement or a building or do Persians or attack a player outside of the specific tournament, I just accept that the consequences are no extra profit. Sometimes I do it anyway because of my gaming style. 

Be happy with your achievements anyway! It looks like you are in better shape than most spartans on those agreements!