Все Категории

Capture The Flag Tournaments are killing Coals and the game

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
9 нояб. 2019, 16:4009.11.19

I'm not one for forum posts, or whining and complaining - but honestly, the Capture the Flag tourney really showcases how broken Sparta is these days.

Why do we have tournament that encourages the strongest coals to come and destroy the weaker coals, the newer coals, the poorer coals?

Within 4 hours, 6 coals have taken 152 Flags - and how many of these are 'Level 1' or 'Level 2' Flags? 0.

Level 3 Caps hit - 85

Level 4 Caps hit - 49

Level 5 Caps hit - 18

On the one hand, thats actually pretty impressive. On the other, these are all coals that have 0 chance of defending the hits from the strongest coals in Sparta. Yeah, maybe some of those downgrades are 'tactical' ones done between Unions. Maybe some of those level 3 capitals had some decent PvP returns for the solo players that hit them.

Personally, i'd estimate that maybe Sparta around 200 or so "serious" coals (by that i mean: decent member count, decent enough combined coal Off/Def, most of the coal is active) so that 75% of these sorts of coals that have been hit within 4 hours of this tourney starting. I know from my own level 5 cap, and from allies, that most likely these would have been hit within minutes of the tournament starting (2 within 2 minutes on my own proves this).

As already can be seen from the Pans, no one actually bothers to hold or upgrade them past one. Now capitals that arent held by the stronger coals are going to be put to level 5 (either before losses, or after some of these level 15 to 20 caps are hit). So then what happens, when you have maybe 10 to 15 coals that have level 20 capitals and every pan in the game being held by a few javs at level 1?

For a coal like mine, there is virtually nothing to do in Sparta: raise my cap? It'll be hit soon as it reaches level 6. Hold a pan? It'll be hit within 12 hours. Raise a pan to level 2? Hit within a couple minutes and downgraded. Add to this the constant PvP tourneys which only encourages this... My only option is become good ol' Farmer Waffle, using my Orifice-Destroying tools () to maybe waste my time on Persians/Elysian positions (which is just another way of wasting troops for negative returns). Or perhaps the odd fight to protect my sieges, a key part of Sparta these days.

Is Plarium going to do anything that at least slightly protects smaller coals, instead of having tourneys where it would less painful to pour petrol over myself and light myself on fire.

Farmer Waffle
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
9 нояб. 2019, 19:0909.11.19
9 нояб. 2019, 19:11(отредактировано)

Hi Farmer Waffle, the 2nd most handsome Scot in Sparta, you are making sense here. 

Plarium will not listen, they just want to grab money and think by encouraging the destruction of small coas that those players will spend their money rebuilding caps etc. instead of feeding their families. Think about it, everything is now designed to try and get those spending little to spend more. Plarium claimed there was a huge demand for the capture the flag to return after being mothballed for a while? Who was making the demand? Plarium corporate board I suspect...

This whole capture the flag thing is why there was a conscious decision not to have a cap in my current coa. Really quite pointless to have one and I now actively encourage others not to build caps.

The funny thing is...Plarium do not make it clear you can survive as a coa WITHOUT a cap. They pester you to build it. I have had Hegs say to me "I didn't know it was a choice and that you did NOT have to build it". Why did they not know? Because to make that clear to new coas appearing is counter productive to the end aims of Plarium...

The game is dying, Plarium do not care...they are on a cash grab for the last months this game has left in it
NancyAdmin
13 нояб. 2019, 12:4313.11.19
Hello Spartans. There are a lot of different types of tournaments or events you can participate in. If a Coalition feels that it's not capable to fight against stronger Coalitions, they can skip it and don't participate. Nevertheless, I understand your concern and will forward your feedback to the dev team 
13 нояб. 2019, 23:3813.11.19
explain how you can opt out of having your capital attacked by a stronger coalition
NancyAdmin
19 нояб. 2019, 11:5319.11.19

Hellion6 said:

Is Plarium going to do anything that at least slightly protects smaller coals, instead of having tourneys where it would less painful to pour petrol over myself and light myself on fire.

explain how you can opt out of having your capital attacked by a stronger coalition

There are several requirements to Coalitions who participate in the tournament. 

23 нояб. 2019, 00:1123.11.19
my contribution will be very short : ive seen this 'film' before and ive heard those answers from companies and their emissaries before. The outcome has always been the same : FORCLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT
23 нояб. 2019, 00:1523.11.19
26 нояб. 2019, 14:24(отредактировано)
Seriously? is there an option to opt out? I don' think so. Any coalition can attack any other coalition of the same category. If you cant opt out you are vulnerable to huge attacks of big armies, 10 20 times bigger that your defense. 
NancyAdmin
26 нояб. 2019, 14:2426.11.19

Shaz said:

Seriously? is there an option to opt out? I don' think so. Any coalition can attack any other coalition of the same category. If you cant opt out you are vulnerable to huge attacks of big armies, 10 20 times bigger that your defense.

I see your point, Shaz, However, let's use a new angle on it, a Capital can be attacked anytime in the game not only within an active Flag Tournament not to mention that they rare tournaments. 

30 дек. 2019, 13:4730.12.19

I say raise the level a cap can be raised to with full protection against downgrades beyond lvl 5.

I'm not sure what that level would be. Perhaps lvl 10?

I don't think this would have any negative impact on the game overall, and would give some of the smaller coalitions something to work towards.