Elixirs has no effect on heavy infantry, phalanx and cavalry units

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
13 июнь 2017, 05:2213.06.17

Dear admin,

Today I just got a lvl 12 resistance elixir, and after I activated it, i found it has no effect on

my heavy infantry, phalanx, and cavalry units, but do has effect on light infantry.

I have no idea what is wrong with me.

May you please help me?

Thanks

regards

ps. screen dumps

lightinfantry has effect

http://prntscr.com/fj44jd

heavyinfantry, phalanx and cavalry  has no effect

http://prntscr.com/fj44qz

http://prntscr.com/fj44wh

http://prntscr.com/fj452x

and my lvl 12 resistance

http://prntscr.com/fj458p

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
13 июнь 2017, 06:4513.06.17

A single elixir will apply only to one offensive or defensive unit type (light, heavy, ...).

Therefore, with 3 elixir slots, you will be able to boost 3 of 8 unit categories (4 def and 4 off)

Cheers
P.

13 июнь 2017, 11:0513.06.17

Oh, i see, thanks for your help 

13 июнь 2017, 11:0913.06.17

sticker said:

Oh, i see, thanks for your help 

You're very welcome, please let us know if you have any further / future questions.

Cheers
P.

4 июль 2017, 02:4504.07.17

That's tricky, many of us have been deceived by that :

for green elixirs, you have the description of percentages applied to each type of unit, so we start to think that it should apply a bonus on all of our defense but that's not how it works.

take the example given above, resistance 9 :

it applies only to light infantry, as circled by Irate penguin, but it will give to them a 10% bonus AGAINST infantry and an 18% bonus AGAINST phalanx and cavalry.

got it ? now spread the word, since most of us got it wrong at the beginning :)
4 июль 2017, 06:0204.07.17

lefeubleu FQtrahI said:

[,,,]

got it ? now spread the word, since most of us got it wrong at the beginning :)

Another view that might help to get a hang of this iis checking a unit's details page where one is able to see the effect of an elixir by hovering the mouse above the individual defence values:

Cheers
P.

4 июль 2017, 13:5204.07.17

What is the building bonus ?

Irate, never ever use a lvl9 elixir !! :o unless you have an unlimited amount of golden caducees or chatever they call it, it's a waste, everybody should use lvl4 elixirs for a few weeks, waiting for months to get lvl8 elixirs, and then use them for years waiting for lvl12 ones...
4 июль 2017, 15:4504.07.17

lefeubleu FQtrahI said:

What is the building bonus ?

The building bonus results from the additional 2% offensive and defensive bonuses unlocked when reaching levels 24 and 25 for the Lumberyard and the Forge. My Lumberyards are at level 24 or better, therefore contributing 5 x 2% = 10% to all unit defence. The Forges have 2% additional def assigned to level 25 so I'm still working on that.

unless you have an unlimited amount of golden caducees

I wish, but no :-)

everybody should use lvl4 elixirs for a few weeks, waiting for months to get lvl8 elixirs, and then use them for years waiting for lvl12 ones...

I generally agree, golden caducei are rare and not to be wasted on replacing a level 7 with a level 8 for example and your thresholds of level 4 and 8 also make sense. The reason I have a few level 9 is that, early on I concentrated on offensive elixirs, but switched to defensive play later on. This allowed me to trash a few offensive elixirs which I am absolutely sure never to need .... I hope ;-)

Cheers
P.

4 июль 2017, 15:5604.07.17

Oh yea right.

Man, that's way too expensive for us poor beggars to reach those building bonuses :(
4 июль 2017, 16:0704.07.17

lefeubleu FQtrahI said:

Oh yea right.

Man, that's way too expensive for us poor beggars to reach those building bonuses :(

Don't flaunt you "poor beggar" status ;-), I have spent 18 months NOT buying or reviving troops (except the occasional Champ when a sale is on), NOT buying coffers, keys, enhancers and all the other junk displayed near the cashier for the impulse buyer, and certainly, never bought resources :-). My shopping list has never contained more than:

1. building slots (very early on)
  2. Artisans (asap)
  3. Fortifications (midgame)
  4. Decor (as soon as 3. was done)
  5. Sketches (current)

(and all of the above only if at all possible when a sale is on)

It also helps that, as a defensive player, I am a peaceful kind of guy not often involved in massive battles; this doesn't help my player level, which after 18 months is a bit lower than for others, but it helps to keep the costs down. :-)

Peace
P.

5 июль 2017, 19:1305.07.17

I'm basically exactly the same !

But I still don't get how you could afford to spend tenths of thousands of drachmas to get the required sketches..

Oh myabe by being in a stong coa from early on and therefore earning a lot ? Would be possible, it wasn't my case.

Anyway, enjoy the game, and keep it the same way, that's smart play :)