Все Категории

Fix of the Geomancer's Passive Skill

Fix of the Geomancer's Passive Skill

Hello, Raiders! 

Since we are seeing a lot of questions and worries regarding the recent changes in the way Geomancer works, we would like to elaborate on where we stand on this one right now.

First of all, we want to explain why we came to a decision to re-work Geomancer’s Passive Skill [Skill 4 – Stoneguard [P]]. This decision was motivated by the detection of in-game crashes and freezes by our internal tool. According to our crash reports and further investigation, these issues were caused by Geomancer’s Passive Skill.

That’s was the only reason why we were forced to rework the way his Passive Skill worked, namely, make it so that Damage from his Passive no longer triggers certain Masteries (Warmaster, Giant Slayer).

We totally understand there was a lot of confusion when Geomancer’s changes were found in the Rebalance section after the release went live, not in the Bug Fixes. It happened due to our oversight, and we apologize for confusing you with this information. 

Normally, we put all bug fixes into the Release Notes after the release and do not include them in the Update Highlights.

Let’s move to the next point. Based on the internal statistics, we decided to rework Geomancer’s Passive Skill so that the new Effect worked like  [Warmaster] and not [Giant Slayer] (without actually triggering this Mastery) since according to our data the majority of players used [Warmaster] instead of [Giant Slayer]. That’s why we've decided to take that path in order to make it more convenient for the players. However, we saw all the feedback from the community and with today’s server restart we tweaked Geomancer’s Passive skill: replaced the Effect of the [Warmaster] with the one that emulates [Giant Slayer] Mastery.

From now on, Geomancer’s Passive Skill will work as if supplied with [Giant Slayer]  Mastery and will deal approximately the same amount of damage as before.

Unfortunately, there is one side effect of the fix that cannot be avoided: the new passive will not allow healing from the Lifesteal Set or Leech debuff.

Nevertheless, Geomaster still will be able to heal from his Active Skills.

Our ultimate goal was to maintain the damage dealt by this Champion to the Clan Boss on the same level. We were striving to implement the changes in such a way so that Geomancer won’t suffer because of the fix we had to make.

Last but not least, all players who received negative results on CB after hitting them with the Geomancer in the team will get compensation. It will be delivered to all accounts who suffered from the bug.

We’ll keep you updated on the situation. 

Have a great day ahead!

Просмотры
Комментарии
6 окт. 2021, 12:5206.10.21
6 окт. 2021, 13:4106.10.21

Why are you "fixing" things that no one asked to be fixed? 

Geomancer was working fine and I haven't heard of any crashes or freezing because of his passive. Also if my crappy notebook with below min specs (celeron cpu with 2GB of RAM) is not crashing then nothing is.

About the Life Drinker, Leech and LS set you say side affect of the fix but the whole community will say it's a big nerf. In my case it makes Geo almost unusable on any spirit Clan Boss, not to mention I ranked and booked another champ (Hotatsu) solely to keep Geo alive long enough.

6 окт. 2021, 13:4606.10.21
6 окт. 2021, 13:47(отредактировано)

'This decision was motivated by the detection of in-game crashes and freezes by our internal tool. According to our crash reports and further investigation, these issues were caused by Geomancer’s Passive Skill. '

Can you expand on this? I didn't see anybody complaining about in-game crashes or freezes. It also seems 'convienant' that this also happened to coincide with 

'Let’s move to the next point. Based on the internal statistics, we decided to rework Geomancer’s Passive Skill so that the new Effect worked like  [Warmaster] and not [Giant Slayer] (without actually triggering this Mastery) '

My next concern is this part

'From now on, Geomancer’s Passive Skill will work as if supplied with [Giant Slayer]  Mastery and will deal approximately the same amount of damage as before. '

It's not doing 'approximately' the same amount of damage. It's doing considerably less, have a look at all the images that are being sent in. Was this not tested before-hand?

'Unfortunately, there is one side effect of the fix that cannot be avoided: the new passive will not allow healing from the Lifesteal Set or Leech debuff.

Nevertheless, Geomaster still will be able to heal from his Active Skills '

This is a hard nerf. Plarium if I'm not mistaken went on record saying that it wasn't your intention to either buff or nerf Geomancer but this is what has occured. In that event, when will players be offered a refund if they've invested in this champ?

6 окт. 2021, 13:5506.10.21

Well I'm glad my negative clan boss damage bug is being addressed :)

OracleCommunity Manager
6 окт. 2021, 14:0006.10.21

Hi Zanziabar ! Yes, there indeed was a technical issue with Geomancer and its occurence started getting more and more frequent. So we've decided to forestall it before it made too many users unable to effectively use Geomancer.

You are probably referring to another fix, that was yesterday - after it the Warmaster-like mechanics was tied to the Geomaner's Passive Skill. Howerver, after collecting a lot of your feedback, today we've made another fix, so that the Skill now acts similarly to Giant Slayer Mastery.

OracleCommunity Manager
6 окт. 2021, 14:0106.10.21

A small update - a small compensation for those players, who achieved negative results on the Clan Boss, is on the way, but will get a little bit later.

6 окт. 2021, 14:2406.10.21

Return life steal to the Geomancer passive skill or return the resources invested in it. This is too heavy a nerf!

6 окт. 2021, 14:5206.10.21
6 окт. 2021, 14:53(отредактировано)

You really do need to do something about lifesteal,  it has messed up the damage and survivability  in most use cases!  I'd just got to the point where I was taking down level  20  spider boss  with geo  as a  main team member and now I am back to square one half way through the mission!

6 окт. 2021, 14:5406.10.21

You guys really want people to stop playing ur game huh? 2 big nerfs in 1 mediocre update? Really we deserve a shard selector to pick someone or something because this is unfair. It isn't our fault you don't know how to program your champions or do proper testing. If you guys weren't so busy working on the "next big deal" or the next fusion / fragment summon event you might have time to notice these things. Geo without lifesteal on passive is just ridiculous. That was his bread and butter im fine with the no warmaster/gs but the healing is a must. i lost 4 million in my cb score making it a 3 key from 2 key on nightmare. If something isn't done within the week to remedy this I myself will be quitting and convincing all my disgruntled clan members to move to a new game or go out and experince the real world.. 

On another note, please make the events and cvc something you can choose whether you want to participate in. And for the love of all that is holy stop with the 10 pop ups when i first launch the game or add a "do not show again today" button. It is frustrating and infuriating dealing with your stupid offers that I never plan on buying or spending a dime on your slot machine game. 

6 окт. 2021, 15:1606.10.21

I'm having so much difficulties right now, geomancer is my only favourite champ in Raid...now send me valkyrie in my account 

6 окт. 2021, 16:4406.10.21

If you do not want to give the Geomancer health recovery from a passive skill through vampirism and parasite, then give him two 15% regeneration for 3 turns with a rollback in 3 turns in addition to skill 3.

6 окт. 2021, 17:0006.10.21
Oracle

Hi Zanziabar ! Yes, there indeed was a technical issue with Geomancer and its occurence started getting more and more frequent. So we've decided to forestall it before it made too many users unable to effectively use Geomancer.

You are probably referring to another fix, that was yesterday - after it the Warmaster-like mechanics was tied to the Geomaner's Passive Skill. Howerver, after collecting a lot of your feedback, today we've made another fix, so that the Skill now acts similarly to Giant Slayer Mastery.

ca marche pas   ......    fachée   décue   

6 окт. 2021, 17:1106.10.21
6 окт. 2021, 17:14(отредактировано)

First, Playrium did a "Guaranteed Champion" event with Geomancer as a prize (which by sheer coincidence happened simultaneously to an "Ancient Shard Wholesale" event). 

Then you waited for HellHades, Ash, MurderInc etc. doing all those videos about how exactly his passive damage reflect, giant slayer and lifesteal set made him a very valuable addition to (almost) every account as it fills a very critical role. What a great free advertisement for Plarium!

Now, you nerf the very combination of factors that made Geomancer valuable enough for many people to actually spend ressources or money on him and claim that with the fix implement this cannot be avoided.

This leads me to believe that either your programmers are entirely incompetent - or Plarium ist ONCE AGAIN creating a problem with the intent of selling us the solution shortly after. And apart from Geomancer, programming department seems to be quite capable, imo.

Bommel and Freeze Champions 10x Event, anyone?

Lastly, let me just express my distinct lack of wonder that the same "tools" which apparently told you that players used warmaster over giant slayer apparently reported a problem with crashes and freezes that no one else ever had. When exactly is "Raid II: Mysteries of Sunlight" for release?

Edit: Typos ...

6 окт. 2021, 17:4606.10.21

Nothing new to add, just want to express my agreement with what was said before. I have no super unkillable team running yet and my strategy relied on the lifesteal. From last man standing Geomancer changed to first victim dying in my clan boss team, leading to ~5-6 rounds less damage, leading to the fact that I now need 3 instead of 2 keys for the ultimate chest.

This is not an unfortunate side effect, this is making this champ weaker by a lot for many people.

And yes, I nvested money as well just some weeks ago to have that guy guaranteed with the skill set which was promised.

How shall people that were hit by this ever again trust in champs you offer in events in terms of buying energy, shards or whatever to get hands on him/her?

When a nerf was not intended, how is the lack in self sustain compensated now? Because, at least from my point of view, that was a big part of Geomancers utility.

6 окт. 2021, 18:0406.10.21

😈

6 окт. 2021, 18:3306.10.21

First, I do want to applaud Plarium for working hard to fix Geo after the poorly executed change yesterday.  I appreciate that you are trying to get him back to what he was.  Your work isn't done though.  Most of us don't have him in unkillable and outside of that comp the lifesteal and lifedrinker mastery heals were significant and kept him alive to do his damage over a longer run.  So it is not at all the same to say you built GS into his passive instead of warmaster so he is fixed now because you changed that passive from hits to reflect.  That is a significant nerf.  See all the other comments on player reactions to nerfing a champ that was guaranteed and wasn't broken like Urogrim.  You have to do something to return that heal ability or spend the time to see why it works on Brogni and apply that to Geo.  Let us know it will take a week and don't change all your masteries yet and take the time to do it right.  We will wait.  Or if you decide that isn't where you want to spend your time, then add the heal back in through a passive heal ideally so he keeps it the way it was and doesn't hamper him against bosses and enemies that steal buffs or impact CB stun outcomes.

6 окт. 2021, 18:4306.10.21

Even a 5% heal will be enough. But they have to do something.

One more thing. Reset for free the masteries on this Champion to allow us to rework it for free.

6 окт. 2021, 19:0906.10.21
Igniz

First, Playrium did a "Guaranteed Champion" event with Geomancer as a prize (which by sheer coincidence happened simultaneously to an "Ancient Shard Wholesale" event). 

Then you waited for HellHades, Ash, MurderInc etc. doing all those videos about how exactly his passive damage reflect, giant slayer and lifesteal set made him a very valuable addition to (almost) every account as it fills a very critical role. What a great free advertisement for Plarium!

Now, you nerf the very combination of factors that made Geomancer valuable enough for many people to actually spend ressources or money on him and claim that with the fix implement this cannot be avoided.

This leads me to believe that either your programmers are entirely incompetent - or Plarium ist ONCE AGAIN creating a problem with the intent of selling us the solution shortly after. And apart from Geomancer, programming department seems to be quite capable, imo.

Bommel and Freeze Champions 10x Event, anyone?

Lastly, let me just express my distinct lack of wonder that the same "tools" which apparently told you that players used warmaster over giant slayer apparently reported a problem with crashes and freezes that no one else ever had. When exactly is "Raid II: Mysteries of Sunlight" for release?

Edit: Typos ...

It's even worse. Plarium launched the event a week after we saw videos of Geomancer. Hellhades released a video on 18/07/2021, and Raid launched the guaranteed champion event on 27/07/2021, a week after.

And then, 2 months after, when we all have invested our books and farmed our masteries, we receive the nerf.

The champion was "sold" to us for what was capable to do. If you rework it, you need to offer a compensation to anyone that wants it to reset it to level 1 and 4 stars.

6 окт. 2021, 19:2606.10.21

If there were a bug with geomancer's passive that nobody knew about, you certainly could have let us know.  You could have said you were working on a fix, told us what it was, and told us it might or might not be part of the patch.  Instead you pushed code to production that obviously wasn't tested.  That is unacceptable.  That's assuming this isn't a post hoc excuse like you've sent out before.  Nobody believes you removed the ability for third-party apps to track pity because of account security since you still tell youtubers that they can tell people to use third-party apps to autofarm which have full account access and mouse clicker permissions.  The trust is non-existent.  If you actually informed as ahead of time about what you were doing, we might trust you now.  But you only come up with excuses when you get called out for things.

6 окт. 2021, 19:4906.10.21

I still don't get why you don't fix the actual issue with Geomancer's passive triggering the masteries, instead of just removing that functionality entirely?  It feels like a lot more work is taking place to try and find "work-arounds" and you are instead just generating a lot of bad will.  You have identiifed the bug, implement code to stop the crashes, and leave Geomancer as it is

6 окт. 2021, 20:0306.10.21
RoseRoyal

I still don't get why you don't fix the actual issue with Geomancer's passive triggering the masteries, instead of just removing that functionality entirely?  It feels like a lot more work is taking place to try and find "work-arounds" and you are instead just generating a lot of bad will.  You have identiifed the bug, implement code to stop the crashes, and leave Geomancer as it is

A "leech" effect on the passive of 5% would be enough. Just on the passive.