Все Категории

Making sure your account is protected

Поиск
4 авг. 2021, 12:2304.08.21

Recently a lot of players are complaining about their accounts being "stolen" and "hacked".

While it is possible in theory that Plarium database gets breached and intruder gets login credentials for mass amount of accounts, it is very unlikely and usually security breach is caused by lack of measures by players themselves.

Thus, it is Plarium policy that all users are responsible for their own account security. What that means is that:

While support will gladly try to help you recover if you provide proof that culprit has your account and you re denied access (either by providing payment receits for purchases done on account, or giving some info that only the original user would know, like what was your first legendary champion and when did you get him), there will not be "rerolls' for the account nor compensation for damage that intruder has done on account. As stated above, it is your responsibility to make sure your account is safe and support is not authorised to remedy the damage that was caused by intruder.

So... What can you do to improve your account security?

1. Make sure you use strong password and unique password (not shared password with other accounts and definitely not shared with email address that you used to create Plarium account)

2. Never share your password with anyone! Support, moderators, Community Managers, CEO of Plarium, whoever it is... do not share your password (or email) for any reason. If you are having account issues of any sort, support will handle it using exclusively your User Identification (UID) which you can find in the game settings.

3. Make sure you dont use shared devices (internet caffes or other people PC/phone), but if you really must, then always remember to not save the credentials on that device and log off after use.

4.  And finally, setup TFA (Two-Factor Authentication). Having this feature on will make it very difficult for intruder to overtake your account, as not only he needs your Plarium credentials, but he will need access to your email or google authenticator service too. (If you are using email as TFA, its best to use different email address than the one you used to create Plarium account)

Abide by these guidelines, and you shouldnt have any issues with account being stolen ever. Of course there other things to take into account, like not downloading untrusted apps which could contain malware or spyware, but that is common knowledge I hope and we re strictly talking about security of your Raid account.

Stay safe and have fun!

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
4 авг. 2021, 12:2804.08.21

Here s a little guide on how to activate your TFA.

Go to your plarium play and click on your Avatar/Name

i

A window will pop, in the menu select settings

i

And finally activate Two-factor authentication following the instructions given there (I highly recommend using different email in case you opt for email verification)

4 авг. 2021, 20:3204.08.21

As someone who is impacted by this hack, I can tell you based on what I was able to uncover that this is a Plarium hack and not likely anything to do with customer behavior.  While yes it is a great idea to have 2FA, I don't know that it would have helped in this case.

Long story short, I have no linked social media, my email account was not accessed by anyone other than me according to the log data, and facts surrounding.

Don't let Plarium off the hook.  A mass hack like this is a result of poor security at Plarium and 100% their fault!!!

5 окт. 2021, 23:0605.10.21

How secure is the 2 FA?  I never get asked for it when switching between accounts on my phone or tablet.

15 окт. 2021, 17:5515.10.21

is there any how to change my email? i used random email to connect the account

24 дек. 2022, 13:2424.12.22

Simply wanted to type Thank You for a fun time!!!

25 фев. 2023, 01:2725.02.23

I need to disable 2FA as I am no longer playing Raid. But all I see is that I have it Enabled. There is no switch as in above screen sho.