Все Категории

Fusion Event Pacing

Fusion Event Pacing

Поиск
16 май 2022, 23:1916.05.22

Fusion Event Pacing

I'm relatively ner to Raid, started playing about 5 months ago.  I've spent over $1k getting my account up to speed so I can do the fusion events.  The current event will be my third and the first one where I expect to be in the rythem of the game.  I'm doing stage 20 of all 4 dungeons.

My expectaion is the events should match the way people play.  Run all 4 dungeons ~120 times over 3 days, pull new champs, level and equip them with the dungeon diving event overlapping what you are already doing.  This event I did the dragon up to the Lego, spent Saturday leveling up 3 new epics to 40 then 50 and took one champ to 60.

Then Sunday hit and I'm 1k short on the diver event.  My new 50's and 60 got me less than halfway through the training event.  And It looks like the next diver event will not overlap completely, one day on IG, one on FK and one that looks like an off day.

What I'm seeing with this event is not pacing that matches how a player would play.  It is paced to maximize the resource cost requireing you to go beyond for the diver events, level champs in far excess of ones you would actually use and needlessly burn through shards.

Am I missing something?  Is this how the events always have been and this is what it takes to play with the big boys?  This is way too much in time and $ to play like this and is not entertaining.  I leveled 4 new champs for one of two events and only got half of what I need and a good chunk of that was from leveling food halfway up to squeeze out points.  This makes no sense.  Is this really how this game has been?

I'll probably finish this event then take a break.  If this is how the June event runs I'll write the $1k off as a learning experience and move on.  This is too much.  My account can't handle the fee! *Amber face*

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
16 май 2022, 23:2216.05.22

Fusion events in general aren't really intended for newer players. That said, the Dungeon Divers this weekend was especially brutal. The overall cost at farming dungeon 20 would be about 4000 energy. At lower dungeon levels it's surely even worse.

I'd probably suggest just not doing fusions for a bit. Work on getting your account stronger first.

All that said - I'm sure there are things you could do better. If you want to pick one specific content type we can surely suggest improvements to your current way of doing things.

16 май 2022, 23:3116.05.22

Im a newer player , i mostly go for whats possible in events , energy , gems mostly ... 

I will likely end this fusion event with like 25 fragments , will it come back next year ? Is it worth pushing a LITTLE more to grab few more fragments without going out of my way or these fusion things are a 1 time only event ?

16 май 2022, 23:3916.05.22
Lyryal

Im a newer player , i mostly go for whats possible in events , energy , gems mostly ... 

I will likely end this fusion event with like 25 fragments , will it come back next year ? Is it worth pushing a LITTLE more to grab few more fragments without going out of my way or these fusion things are a 1 time only event ?

They have in the past done catch-up events where you could get 5-10 fragments. However, the recent version where they sold those instead leads me to believe they won't be doing so again in the future. We'll see.

16 май 2022, 23:4316.05.22
16 май 2022, 23:43(отредактировано)

Ok then i wont bother , will be more in place to grind them if they ever bring them back ^^ will focus on those that are in-game instead(clan , tta , dt , etc)

16 май 2022, 23:5816.05.22
kramaswamy.kr

Fusion events in general aren't really intended for newer players. That said, the Dungeon Divers this weekend was especially brutal. The overall cost at farming dungeon 20 would be about 4000 energy. At lower dungeon levels it's surely even worse.

I'd probably suggest just not doing fusions for a bit. Work on getting your account stronger first.

All that said - I'm sure there are things you could do better. If you want to pick one specific content type we can surely suggest improvements to your current way of doing things.

I did the whaling to make me not really a new player.  I'm fine running the dungeons for the event, it's why I play.  What I have an issue with is the diver event that I missed even though I fully hit the other events going on.  And the training events - multiple levels 1 to 50/60 and still not enough?  I'm comfortable with where my account is and am ready farm gear.  I'm fine with running dungeons 500 times for the event.  But dropping 100-200 more runs on top for the divers events, grinding multiple champs to 50 that you don't really need just for points?  Thats not playing the game and that is not interesting.

I don't mean to gripe, I meant to ask if this was normal or is this event just poorly planned?  Is this Aristocrat Corp stepping in and making a mess or is this pacing of the event fairly normal?

17 май 2022, 00:1417.05.22

I think it's probably a combination of all of those three. Don't ask me for justifications on why Plarium does stuff. They've surely got smarter people than I, looking at the numbers and concluding this is the right approach.

Do I like it? Hell no. Here is my thread from five days ago, complaining about exactly the same thing.

17 май 2022, 01:2617.05.22
Dreamin

I did the whaling to make me not really a new player.  I'm fine running the dungeons for the event, it's why I play.  What I have an issue with is the diver event that I missed even though I fully hit the other events going on.  And the training events - multiple levels 1 to 50/60 and still not enough?  I'm comfortable with where my account is and am ready farm gear.  I'm fine with running dungeons 500 times for the event.  But dropping 100-200 more runs on top for the divers events, grinding multiple champs to 50 that you don't really need just for points?  Thats not playing the game and that is not interesting.

I don't mean to gripe, I meant to ask if this was normal or is this event just poorly planned?  Is this Aristocrat Corp stepping in and making a mess or is this pacing of the event fairly normal?

the dungeon event is a bit abnormal on this one. more often than not it will end up overlapping with two different dungeon tournaments, but the order of events are always randomized (dunno if its actually random, but there's no obvious pattern) so it's always a bit of a crapshoot. getting a dungeon divers right at the beginning or end of the schedule runs the risk of ending up with a situation like this one, although it did at least overlap with the champion training event.

as for the training event, that is unfortunately bog standard. it has by far the highest resource cost after the champion chase and summon rush. you can make your life a bit easier by prepping for it beforehand, but there's really no way to complete the event without burning through a massive amount of brews, energy, and champions.

17 май 2022, 06:2517.05.22

For champion training before you feed 3 stars into 4 stars, 4 stars into 5 stars give them a few pots each. Also level the 5 stars to like 15 or 20. This will increase your point gain substantially.

17 май 2022, 09:2417.05.22
17 май 2022, 09:27(отредактировано)
evilized6666

For champion training before you feed 3 stars into 4 stars, 4 stars into 5 stars give them a few pots each. Also level the 5 stars to like 15 or 20. This will increase your point gain substantially.

Pretty much this, yes.  Unfortunately champion training is a slog, and you need to do a lot more than just level up a handful of champions from 1 to 60.  You should be trying to maximise the points gain for everything, including food, and you should also be planning ahead.  

For example, if you collect enough food outside of events to get a champion or two to 60, hold off and do it during the event.  Same for new legendaries or epics.  Unless you need to actually use them immediately, hold off on leveling them until an event like this comes around, then take them to 40 or 50.

But by far the most optimal way to approach champion training is to actually build a solo dungeon farmer and do them both at the same time.  This current lineup is a perfect example of that, whereby if you can build a single champion that can run ice golem by itself, you can drag 4 other food champions along for the ride and get both ice golem points, champion training points and dungeon diver points all with a single energy cost.  This requires a very senior account though with the right champions and optimal equipment

In summary, you have got to walk into these fragment/fusion events with eyes wide open, and be realistic around resource and time costs.  The fragment event like this is actually easier of the events, because if it was a fusion one then you'd also have to level and ascend the champions needed for the legendary, which is a whole new layer of resources.  I've said it in other threads, but I always allow for around 15K energy to complete an event, and if I have less than that then I will skip

17 май 2022, 09:3617.05.22

OP

To answer your question yes this is how Fusions are always, they are a money and time grab. Feel lucky this is a fragment one the old style Fusions are even worse IMO. 

Also Plarium is constantly moving the goal posts with events by making you need more and more points.

I find fusions exhausting and not fun and I have said this in many threads, games should be fun not exhausting IMO

17 май 2022, 10:4117.05.22
Minin

OP

To answer your question yes this is how Fusions are always, they are a money and time grab. Feel lucky this is a fragment one the old style Fusions are even worse IMO. 

Also Plarium is constantly moving the goal posts with events by making you need more and more points.

I find fusions exhausting and not fun and I have said this in many threads, games should be fun not exhausting IMO

wait, seriously? classic fusions are way better than fragment summons in my experience. may i ask what you find easier about them?

agree with the rest of your assessment though. the rewards from fusions are nice, but the actual process is just one huge headache.

17 май 2022, 10:4417.05.22
17 май 2022, 10:50(отредактировано)
Carpe_Piscis

wait, seriously? classic fusions are way better than fragment summons in my experience. may i ask what you find easier about them?

agree with the rest of your assessment though. the rewards from fusions are nice, but the actual process is just one huge headache.

Classic might be easier for long term players who have more potions than they will ever need, newer players not so much as you still have all the events to do and potions to farm to do the accending needed for a classic fusion.

Edit

Plus them never letting the player base know what kind of Fusion it is ahead of time makes a Classic fusion even harder on newer players, I am at just over a year playing and classic fusions drain my potions down to next to nothing everytime.

17 май 2022, 11:2317.05.22
Minin

Classic might be easier for long term players who have more potions than they will ever need, newer players not so much as you still have all the events to do and potions to farm to do the accending needed for a classic fusion.

Edit

Plus them never letting the player base know what kind of Fusion it is ahead of time makes a Classic fusion even harder on newer players, I am at just over a year playing and classic fusions drain my potions down to next to nothing everytime.

fair point, i'd forgotten to consider the potion grind. that said, i'd still call classic easier because it's a lot easier to skip their events. with a fragment summon, you can skip a maximum of 3 events (unless you get fragments from tournament wins, but those generally go to people who aren't struggling in the first place). if you can get both epics from a classic fusion, you can skip half the events.

i also tend to like them better since if you can't finish a classic fusion, you can still walk away with a new epic or three in your collection, whereas getting anything less than 85-90 fragments just leaves you with a bunch of useless fragments.

18 май 2022, 00:1118.05.22

For these events what are minimums for saving before it gets started?  Are auto clickers mandatory?

Probably won't get this one due to IRL stuff but trying to build a list for stress free next one.  Here is what I have so far.

1k gems
100 daily auto battles
1 level 20 dungeon on solo farm
3 sacred shards?

How much brews and ascend potions?  Can I just use relic keeper fusion for champ chase?  I can't level food in nightmare, should I just ignore these event things until stronger?

18 май 2022, 00:3718.05.22
ArithinJir

For these events what are minimums for saving before it gets started?  Are auto clickers mandatory?

Probably won't get this one due to IRL stuff but trying to build a list for stress free next one.  Here is what I have so far.

1k gems
100 daily auto battles
3 sacred shards?

How much brews and ascend potions?  Can I just use relic keeper fusion for champ chase?  I can't level food in nightmare, should I just ignore these event things until stronger?

I cant answer all your question but never ignore an event , if you can get some energy or gems from it go for it ! Theres other rewards , sometimes worth it , since they align with what you're doing in game anyways !

18 май 2022, 01:1718.05.22
ArithinJir

1k gems
100 daily auto battles
3 sacred shards?

Realistically the only thing you "need" to save are shards. If you're able to farm all four dungeon 20, or, at least dungeon 16, you can do all of the dungeon tournaments just on daily energy. Dungeon divers this time around required dipping into a pool, but as long as you save the daily refill brews in your mailbox, you can get through that no problem.

Shards are the only part you can't just get on a whim, unless you're willing to spend.

In terms of how many of those you need, you'll need roughly the equivalent of 12 sacreds. The usual math is 1 sacred = 4 void = 10 ancient. The specific one you'd want to save up would depend on which 2x event was ongoing - in this particular fusion, that was sacred shards. If you happen to have fragment summons stockpiled, you can use those in place of sacreds to make up some of the points.

dthorne04Moderator
18 май 2022, 01:2318.05.22
ArithinJir

1k gems
100 daily auto battles
3 sacred shards?

Auto clickers aren't mandatory but are a massive, massive help. I did them in the past without them and they were an incredible grind. Still have PTSD from the Brogni fusion. :)

lately we've had only fragment rather than classic fusions (which require potions). a lot fo those required about 240-250 each of lesser and greater potions and 36 superior. But we haven't had one in a bit.

You can level food in brutal 12-3, no need for nightmare at all. Any source of champions count for Champ Chase tourneys, whereas summon rush is shards (fixed point value per shard) only. 

It does sound like you're off from where you need to be to finish fusions, but I could be wrong. Assuming F2P I'd like to be minimum clearing all dungeons at 16 (preferably 20+), clearing at least NM CB (preferably UNM/NM everyday). I'd also like to be going into fusions with a healthy diet of prior fragments and/or something like Relic Keeper, Broadmaw, etc. ready to help get you points. 

With Summon Rush I usually like a combo of Sacreds + Mysteries, Mysteries for Champ Chase + fragments, etc, fusions like Rhazin/Relic/etc.

These are rough ideas of where I'd want to be if I were starting out again. It does mean using your shards early on and not getting to use them on 2x as much, planning around Fusions. There is a bit of necessity to try and figure out which ones will be impactful for your account and figure out if it is worth it for you. I would want to be in a better spot starting out fusions versus where you are right now.