Все Категории

Coldheart skin - First Drop

Поиск
8 май 2022, 05:5408.05.22

So a champion training tournament has dropped recently which has a 1st price win of one of the new skins for Coldheart.  I remember back when Plarium did the same for Krisk, so it looks like they value these skins at the same level!  

I hope that there are other ways to get these skins because at the moment the implementation of them have been a bit of a joke

i

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
8 май 2022, 05:5608.05.22
8 май 2022, 06:00(отредактировано)

Idk it feels proper , 1 in 100 get it , its just a skin at the end of the day , everyone , including me , get to enjoy the freebies from it !

i

If i can keep 2nd or 3rd position has a new player(11 days in) i'll be happy more than getting a skin for a champ i dont evn have yet ;P

8 май 2022, 07:4708.05.22

It being just a skin is why I am fascinated that it is only given to the limited number of people who get #1 in these tournaments.  Essentially the result of this is that only 10% of Raid's overall player base will get this skin, even though it doesn't actually change anything in the game.  

What's the point of introducing a new cosmetic item to engage players if 90% of the player base will never see it unless they stumble into an arena match against someone who has one (and also happens to be using Coldheart in arena..).

They'd have been better off having it as a milestone reward

8 май 2022, 08:3908.05.22

Skin? 

I dont care.

8 май 2022, 13:1208.05.22

I was annoyed at the pricing on arbiter skins, and thinking these coldheart ones might be priced better seeing it's a rare champion.

Nope 5 day training tournament Infront of a fusion, with only first place getting the "rare" skin? I was almost expecting maybe 5$ or 10$ which could have been bearable.

I'm in first place for it on both my main and f2p accounts right now but with a life and heavy work schedule I don't see it happening. I'm planning to skip the upcoming fusion for once so maybe being more than double second place my group will be demoralized and not see it worth wasting resources chasing me.

Good luck to anyone chasing the skin.

8 май 2022, 13:3508.05.22

I saw this, and even purchasing the skin.  Not interested in any skin personally.  But I thought wouldn't an arena champ's skin be worth more to those who would make these vanity purchases?  CH is a great champ, but seldom seen in arena (on good teams anyway).  So really no one is going to see your vanity?  Would any of you who purchase skins for vanity really pay for a skin that is (mostly) only going to be seen in dungeons?  And even then, wouldn't you mostly be running on auto so even the purchaser wouldn't actually see it.

8 май 2022, 18:1708.05.22

its a skin nobody will ever see unless you have some oddball arena team.

9 май 2022, 07:0609.05.22

It's a shame really.  The introduction of skins was such a massive opportunity to drive sales increase for Plarium, but they haven't been able to really nail it.  I assume the reasoning behind having it as a reward in a champion training tournament was to encourage people to spend money to get #1, and therefore potentially spend more than buying the skin outright in the store, but I think it'll probably just make more people skip it.

I don't understand why they don't just throw the skins in with a decent price and simply let everyone buy them.  It's not like other packs where whales will buy multiple of them, so the usual method of targeting just the top spenders will not increase revenue by skins.

12 май 2022, 18:1312.05.22

I won my champion training tournament and therefore I got the skin for Coldheart.

i

I do agree with the OP that winning a tournament for skin is not a good idea. It is way to restrictive in my opinion. I see the point for this restrictive access for champions like Krisk. I really like the idea to get the skin as a milestone reward.

Last weekend I got two of my most wanted non-void legendaries (Brogni and Nethril) and I could not wait to develop team. Additionally, I decided not to participate in the upcoming fusion and as a result I tried to win this tournament. Only due to this precondition I tried to win the tournament otherwise I would have skipped it (except for the milestone rewards).

12 май 2022, 19:1712.05.22

Lol.  Everyone says the tournament was a terrible idea for a skin... but the proof is in the pudding lol

12 май 2022, 22:3612.05.22

When I said 10% of the Raid population will get the skin, I was wrong.  What I meant was 1% of the raid population will get the skin, as it is 1 out of 100 people.  So 99% of the population won't have this skin or see it.  Sounds like a well implemented idea!

12 май 2022, 22:4212.05.22
Trips

Lol.  Everyone says the tournament was a terrible idea for a skin... but the proof is in the pudding lol

Shhhh

Tournament was a terrible idea.

harleQuinnModerator
13 май 2022, 05:4513.05.22
Bandana86

I won my champion training tournament and therefore I got the skin for Coldheart.

i

I do agree with the OP that winning a tournament for skin is not a good idea. It is way to restrictive in my opinion. I see the point for this restrictive access for champions like Krisk. I really like the idea to get the skin as a milestone reward.

Last weekend I got two of my most wanted non-void legendaries (Brogni and Nethril) and I could not wait to develop team. Additionally, I decided not to participate in the upcoming fusion and as a result I tried to win this tournament. Only due to this precondition I tried to win the tournament otherwise I would have skipped it (except for the milestone rewards).

44k points. Wowzers.

harleQuinnModerator
13 май 2022, 05:4713.05.22
Trips

Lots of folks complained, but every bracket was just whale central. Hard to argue that it wasn't a good move when a couple people per bracket pushed pretty hard for it.

Had some folks complaining about the Arbiter skins, highway robbery and all that. But after some questions, they had bought both. 

So I can bring feedback to Plarium that people are complaining, but the numbers are what they are.

harleQuinnModerator
13 май 2022, 05:4913.05.22
RoseRoyal

When I said 10% of the Raid population will get the skin, I was wrong.  What I meant was 1% of the raid population will get the skin, as it is 1 out of 100 people.  So 99% of the population won't have this skin or see it.  Sounds like a well implemented idea!

I took your feedback in this threa to my peeps at Raid, so we shall see.

Side note and question I am more interested in tbh: 

I wonder what the percentage of players that have Siphi are. Or Nehkret. Or Leorius. I wonder how it compares to the training tourney here, or the people with an Arbiter skin.

harleQuinnModerator
13 май 2022, 05:5613.05.22
evilized6666

Shhhh

Tournament was a terrible idea.

Imagine being a huge whale and winning one of these with nearly 40k points. Couldn't be ME. 

Hmmm.... I wonder how many more here in addition to you did it though Evilized. You would think the people invested enough to post on Discord or a Forum would be the ones most likely to whale out for a character skin though.

13 май 2022, 08:5613.05.22
harleQuinn

I took your feedback in this threa to my peeps at Raid, so we shall see.

Side note and question I am more interested in tbh: 

I wonder what the percentage of players that have Siphi are. Or Nehkret. Or Leorius. I wonder how it compares to the training tourney here, or the people with an Arbiter skin.

For me, the difference between this tournament and things like champions or Arbiter skins is that technically 100% of the population can get the latter ones.  It is actually impossible for more than 1% of the population to get this skin, because it is impossible for multiple people to get first place in the same tournament.  

There is a hard cap on the amount of people who will get this.  In theory 30% of the raid population can get Arbiter skins (which were still coming up for purchase for me recently).  In theory 50% can get Leorius.

13 май 2022, 15:5113.05.22
harleQuinn

Imagine being a huge whale and winning one of these with nearly 40k points. Couldn't be ME. 

Hmmm.... I wonder how many more here in addition to you did it though Evilized. You would think the people invested enough to post on Discord or a Forum would be the ones most likely to whale out for a character skin though.

Tbh I didn't whale out. I just used all that free energy we got recently and with the help of rsl farmed non stop for two days, and then a little more each day to let the group know I was intending to win.

I do not understand plariums intent on arguably a subpar skin being so extremely exclusive.

13 май 2022, 19:2213.05.22

I cannot grasp trying to get the skin, even if it was 100x easier lol. Baffled tbh...

14 май 2022, 01:5414.05.22
Bandana86

i

Grats lol

harleQuinnModerator
14 май 2022, 15:1314.05.22
Trips

I cannot grasp trying to get the skin, even if it was 100x easier lol. Baffled tbh...

I didn't try for it at all.

Hard to argue that energy couldn't be better spent on FK for my account, which is where it is going to go. :D