Все Категории

Frustrating

Frustrating

Поиск
27 март 2019, 03:0027.03.19

Frustrating

Gday,

Just a quick vent on two topics that (imo) are completely stifling arena play and champion viability. Yes, I know these have been mentioned by many before me... but now its my turn :)

1) The chosen scaling ratios on HP and DEF champs lead to the ridiculous scenario where many of them are better choices for straight up dps then pure atk/crit glass cannons. This makes them the clear choice before even taking their improved survivability or extra utility in to account.

2) Turn meter boost. Seriously Plarium you're going to have to bite this bullet eventually and either rework how this mechanic is implemented or remove it entirely. It turns most arena fights into binary actions whose result is determined by which support goes first. Champion gearing should be a trade-off - if you want to guarantee hitting or getting that buff off first you should need to make some sacrifices.

Solutions? (1) My preference would be to either universally tweak the HP/DEF scaling down or remove all ATK scaling from HP/DEF champs so they can't 'double dip'. (2) Remove meter boost. Seriously. It may seem drastic considering the current meta but its simply a poor mechanic (coming from someone who max-tomed an apothecary).

PS: take it all with a grin and a wink. I may be a bit  salty due to my L60 Royal Huntsman just getting out-damaged by a St Nick he could barely half-health.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
27 март 2019, 04:4027.03.19
27 март 2019, 04:47(отредактировано)

I have one shotted all St. Nicholas I’ve encountered with my Royal Hunstman. It doesn’t matter if they even have the ally shield, all St. Nick to date I’ve encountered has been one shotted. Their artifacts are probably just far superior compared to yours. The only caveat, I stay around 3050 - 3150. So it is also possible that the ones you’ve fought are just pure monsters which I try to avoid for the most part.

My point here is that attack scaling is good as well.
27 март 2019, 05:3727.03.19

^The problem is you have listed a very specify champ, while the OP has voiced his concern over a general problem.

Tbh the game is "broken" on many ends. Its the curse of all p2w games, some legendarys like huntsman for example have to broken and op, because otherwise whales have no desire to spend money.

The question is as always who and for what the game should be balanced for.

If you want true balance you somehow have to seperate pve and pvp damage.

28 март 2019, 02:4528.03.19

@Donkael: Yeh it was definitely gear quality (and my decision that 85% critrate was 'enough', this time it wasnt). My actual point was more how this particular high survivabilty tank has the ability to one shot even other damage sponges and indeed managed to outDAMAGE a glass cannon.

I am aware that counters to meter-boosting teams exist but this is where the synergy between the two problems occur. The counter to turn meter boosting is to increase survivability... ie: even more of a reason to choose HP/DEF based champs with shields/def buffs/ally-def/etc. Add this to the ability of these champs to hit as hard as ATK based champs (point 1)  and you have next to no reason to choose an ATK champ (in the arena) if you have the other option.

...But what if you could give these slow-pokes the chance to go first as well? That would be even MORE awesome... meter-boost to the rescue!

A fully self-reinforcing loop of binary decisions :(