Все Категории

So, I did a Beginner's Guide too.

Поиск
4 март 2021, 03:5004.03.21

Hello, guys

I'm here to bring you newbies a handful of tip to maximize the enjoyment of the game in the near future. This way, you can make the most of your experience without falling into much frustration. 

A little bit about me is that I've 15 years experience in collectible games. I've played Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: The Gathering, Heroclix, and I am an avid fan of RPG/Strategy games. Personally, the original Final Fantasy games, as well as their grid-based Tactics games have been my favourites.

Without much delay, let us begin with a little "We need to talk" moment. 

You're now playing a Freemium Gacha game. Basically, a game designed with product collection in mind, with a side of RPG games of the likes of the original Final Fantasy games where your heroes were pre-determined, and you could choose from a pool of recruitable heroes to personalize your play-style. As a mobile game, you're pretty much allowed to play your share free of charges. But if you want to speed things up, you CAN (as in "you're not forced to") exchange the benefit to the developer company. 

Still, the following tips will help you have a nice time whether you decide to spend cash or not in the game. Read carefully.

Tip #1:  Know your Champions. 

By "knowing your champs" I mean to explore their stats, see what are they good at, and what are their deficiencies. As an RPG, collectible game, you're going to be challenged to find a way make each champ in your team benefit the others. A good synergy may actually work much, much better than just dumping all your chances on the most "difficult-to-obtain" champions.

The Banshee is a rare champ which can be easily obtained from the Campaing, and is an ideal for Clan Boss teams which suffers heavily off debuffs. The Spirithost can be obtained earlier in the Campaign (Stage 4), which comes with a handful of very usesful support abbilities in Arena. The Sister Militant, a common champion, is an ideal clean-up attacker with a base attack which targets every single enemy on sight. No damage split. Ideal for Campaign, and the Spider dungeon. And when you see an uncommon Admonitor level your entire team in Arena, well, you know there's more than just "get that shiny, pretty Maulie Tankard".

So, take the time to read up your champs before making a move.

EDIT: Thank you for the correction!

Tip #2: Plan your drop rates

So, you got your Epic, Rare, and Legendary shards, and hope to get yourself some fine, mighty champions. Well, the game actually does have its ways to benefit you. 

The game will feature increased drop rate for specific champions every weekend. Now, after "having the talk", it should be better to know that your increased drop rates may actually help you build up a strong faction, or a much better team quicker than pulling shards mid-week.

If you're needy for new champs, do Campaigns which drops champs and Green shards in order to have something to go-by in the meantime. If you really want much better champs, do Dungeons. Get rare shards every now and them, allong with much need rarer resources.

A first newbie mistake to do is to pick up a random starter, then attempt to concentrate on that starter's faction. HOWEVER, due to the nature of the game, this might prove difficult at the beginning. Still, it doesn't really mean you're done for. Actually, I have a strong suspicion that the game tends to read your gaming trends and favour drops for specific factions depending on which ones you play the most. 

Tip #3: Plan your day ahead

Now you know of the game's increased drop chances, and probably know which champs to prioritze on training. So, here comes the next part: make the most out of your game day. 

Daily missions grants you a number of important resources to help you improve your chances. Tournaments and events work the same. Just do what they ask you for, and you'll be granted a lot of useful things, along with prizes.

Prioritize which events, and which missions to do first. Specially the ones which you can actually complete. For example, Dungeon tourneys and events is rather challenging without the right champions, so you might be better training your champs for the day at Campaing. Once you have the right champions for the right activity, indulge in beating that Dragon or Spide into the Endangered Species List for some sweet loot.

Tip #4: Prioritize resources

After "The talk", it's clear that you can't just go out and dump all your hard-earned resources on potentially unadvantageous things. Gems are highly valuables which can be obtained wholesale just by playing missions, tourneys, and events for free. 

Besides improving the Market, and the Training Camp, gems are also helpful for buying even more shards. If needed, you can trade them in for more energy in order to get more turns in the Campaigns, Tourneys, Events, earning you even more shards. And much valuable gear you'll surely need in the future.

Tip #5: Prioritize your training sessions (Incubus are your friends)

By the time you complete the campaign, saved your prize Epic shard, and can repeat the thing for the hightest XP in the game. This is where one of the campaign prizes, the Incubus, can be exploited in your benefit. You're going to get a lot of those guys, also common shards. And a lot of Silver by playing the stage before the Boss stage.

All this means that you have a secured income of champs you can easily exploit for the sake of upgrading your other champ stars. Need a bunch of 3-stars to make your prized 3-stars into a better 4-stars? Grind up those Incubus into Lv.1 3-Stars. It won't cost you valuable champs. It won't cost you beers. It won't cost you chickens. Just Auto the stage with a powerful leader, and let the other 3 spots be occupied by Incubi, or 2-1 with 1 being a strong champ you want to train.

In a day, you can easily gain back your Energy bottles with reward gems, or mission prizes, and you can fatten up those Incubi to help you make your 3-Stars into 4 and even 5-Stars. Just be patient, and it'll pay up!

You'll never run out of these guys, every 6-7 game you'll get one, and that's not even 40 energy points. 

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
4 март 2021, 11:2304.03.21
4 март 2021, 11:24(отредактировано)

I like that you give some hints for newbies.

A slight mistake you should revise: 

"The Banshee is a rare champ which can be easily obtained from the Campaing, and is an ideal for Clan Boss teams"

There are two different champs, Banshee and Frozen Banshee. You mentioned the first as good vs. Clanboss, but it's the latter. Probably you just forgot the word "Frozen". And both of them are NOT farmable in campaign.