(Important Notice) Steel Bowyer Rebalance

(Important Notice) Steel Bowyer Rebalance

Поиск
Комментарии
MariusAdmin
11 июль 2019, 13:3811.07.19
11 июль 2019, 13:39(отредактировано)

JandraM said:

this shows me that you don't really understand why people are upset... if you play games from other companies you would know that you get your ressources back if such drastic changes happen. 

Not necessarily, no. Balance changes are the norm in competitive multiplayer games, compensation for them is not something that happens often.

We got a lot promises about buffing certain champs (how many times you told us Astralith will be next?) and instead two freshly released rares get nerfed just right after people heavily invested in them. If the devs didn't saw the CB potential in Steelbower (and that's all she got)... than there must be something wrong with your character design team.
I never said that Astralith will be next, I only said she is on our list to be rebalanced - which she was and is. 
11 июль 2019, 13:4711.07.19

I maxed skills and leveled painkeeper to 50, nerf, leveled this new girl to almost 4 full ascent  and a few books. You should consider refunding books when you nerf.

11 июль 2019, 13:5011.07.19

Nice, delete even more replays...That fore sure will make people more happy.

"Freedom of speech"  HA

11 июль 2019, 14:0111.07.19
Quit punishing players for your incompetence!
11 июль 2019, 14:0311.07.19

Marius said:

JandraM said:

this shows me that you don't really understand why people are upset... if you play games from other companies you would know that you get your ressources back if such drastic changes happen. 

Not necessarily, no. Balance changes are the norm in competitive multiplayer games, compensation for them is not something that happens often.

I don't play a lot of games but for example in Hearthstone if a card gets nerfed players are given 2 weeks to disenchant the card and receive full cost back ( as opposed to 1/4th that you get normally ).

11 июль 2019, 14:0811.07.19
Wow so many wasted resources!!! Hope this nerf isn’t that bad 
11 июль 2019, 14:2911.07.19
11 июль 2019, 14:47(отредактировано)

I do understand that nerfs on steelbowyer have to be done. 

Even against my gut feelings about that matter, I started investing tomes into her. I can only imagine, that it won't be an easy task for you, to program some sort of reset for the champ, or even compensation for players that invested tomes into her. 

In my opinion, this never should have happened. Testing a new champion in all major aspects of gameplay should be this easy for developers, that a lvl40 bowyer with above average artifacts and maxed on skills would have raised red flags immediately. That being said, there only seem to be two possible things that could have happened. 

You either didn't test this champion enough, before releasing it, 

or you released it intentionally in this broken state. Make it even cheap to acquire for anybody, so that those people in heavy need of this strong champion will start spending resources immediately. Have the nerfhammer fall to have those players again in need of new resources.

In both cases, all the players that invested in her will pay harshly for the mistakes you did, or you will leave us with more than sad thoughts and feelings. Doubts, if we just became victims of a very calculated economics scheme.

I don't want to think this bad of Plarium or the game, I love your game. I have a feeling, that a lot of players will feel the same way. If you can't come up with a solution to compensate us for spent tomes, reset bowyer and maybe compensate the lost rank ups with some chickens, then a lot of us will feel like being scammed, intentionally.

MariusAdmin
11 июль 2019, 15:0511.07.19

gejzer901 said:

Nice, delete even more replays...That fore sure will make people more happy.

"Freedom of speech"  HA

I will quote myself again, specifically for you.

Marius said:

Hello, everyone.

Getting to you a bit late as the post was made literally in the middle of the night. Firstly, I will remind everyone to follow the forum rules, no matter the frustration. I had to delete several posts and two players were temp-banned. I understand being annoyed, constructive criticism is welcome, but severe infractions of the code of conduct will result in appropriate penalties. If you are uncertain about your post, check the Rules.

Freedom is not the same as permissiveness. So breaking the rules will have consequences. 

Shortmeister said:

I don't play a lot of games but for example in Hearthstone if a card gets nerfed players are given 2 weeks to disenchant the card and receive full cost back ( as opposed to 1/4th that you get normally ).

Hearthstone is probably the most common examples supporters of this idea bring up indeed. There was another gave mentioned, though I can't quite remember the name of it right now. At the same time, Summoners War, Galaxy of Heroes, numerous other games don't do that - at least when I was playing. Unfortunately, while I can see the merit in this idea, it also sets the precedent that could easily lead to unjustified calls for compensation even when "nerfs" are small and insignificant. 

Skimi said:

You either didn't test this champion enough, before releasing it, or you released it intentionally in this broken state. Make it even cheap to acquire for anybody, so that those people in heavy need of this strong champion will start spending resources immediately. Have the nerfhammer fall to have those players again in need of new resources. 
tomes, reset bowyer and maybe compensate the lost rank ups with some chickens, then a lot of us will feel like being scammed, intentionally.
We recognize there was an issue with testing this Champion and we will take steps to avoid it in the future. Due to a number of factors, Champions were shuffled between the packs they were initially planned for, other issues have arisen and required extensive resources to test and remove, so Steel Bowyer more or less slipped through the cracks. But, again, we will do our best to keep her as a strong and a viable Champion. 
11 июль 2019, 15:0511.07.19
Plarium, why dont you use your heads. Instead of pissing everyone off again, why don't you upgrade one of bowyers skills and then make her an epic champ instead. ?
11 июль 2019, 15:3311.07.19

So, you're nerfing Steel Bowyer because of her attacks on Clan boss...?! Seriously, just clan boss..? How does she rate elsewhere...like, campaigns, dungeons & PvP (arena)This game is so geared towards rng luck...have you noticed PvP for those of us who aren't lucky enough to acquire anything other than replicate not so great epics & farmable rares when summoning shards. At this rate, you better not even consider releasing faction wars as the imbalance will be horrendous. The best teams will only consist of players with high level legendaries, nothing less than that & the rest of us will still be hoping to get our very first legendary.  I'm at lvl 48, & lucky players get legendaries at lower lvls...much lower levels...then, there are the constant adverts in in-game chat selling accounts with Legendaries...yuck, to this...I can't flush my R5, fully ascended Steel Bowyer down the toilet 🙄...just because, your devs can't be bothered to test champions before releasing them. So much grinding involved...just for a nerf because she's op-ed against clan boss 🙄. Frankly, not a good enough reason, as it doesn't affect anyone's game or gives any player any extra reward etc... seriously, not a good enough reason!  But that's just my humble opinion.

11 июль 2019, 15:3611.07.19

My take on this as a paying player is that balancing is a natural part of how the flow usually goes in this type of games and everything is subject to change as per the terms of contract. That is perfectly fine. 

However, if money is paid for the product (books) and you have bought them solely to boost a specific character that is going to get nerfed due to the balancing changes you are entitled to the refund of these books or money paid. When money is involved in the process there is a level of protection we all enjoy. 

You are not entitled to any reimbursement with regards to any resources used to level your hero or ascending  him. Unless you bought the chickens. 

Paying cutomers may ask for certain remedies in this case.

11 июль 2019, 15:3711.07.19

Marius said:

Kin Ookami said:

Hey Marius, not presuming to tell you how to do your job, but honestly, the next post you make in here should really mention reimbursment/compensation plans from the developers (should ideally happen alongside the bowyer rework) 

I am not going to promise something that I was not told about. 

On top of that neither you nor I know exactly what Steel Bowyer will be like after the changes. As I've mentioned in my original post, we want to keep her a viable Champion. 

Not expecting a promise of any kind, all I meant was at the same time you tell us about the change (btw, she wont be better else the devs wouldnt be changing anything so quickly), give the player base a carrot as well as the nerfed stick.

Appreciate you are passing messages across from the devs, but maybe let them know that certain statements will miff the players (plus make your day an unenjoyable one)

Not aimed at yourself Marius, just a general observation, but any character change should result in reimburstment/skill resets. The whole game is a long journey for better stuff, tough to take when the apple seed you plant & nurture, turns out to be a pear tree.

11 июль 2019, 15:5711.07.19

Marius,

I posted a similar request in the new Suggestion thread, but I’m not sure if you’re responding to posts there. 

I think that a lot of players are worried about spending time, energy, tomes, etc., in the best rares, at this point, because of the recent nerfs to PK and SB. 

Could you confirm whether the devs are considering merging other strong rares— most importantly, Apothecary, Coldheart, and Bellower?

Thanks!
11 июль 2019, 16:1311.07.19
This is a money grab plain and simple. Ive been playing star wars galaxy of heros for almost 3 years. This is the same stunt they pulled with Darth Malak. This is what I do know game programmers and developers are highly intelligent an meticulous people. Very detailed oriented. There is no way possible that you did not know this champion would out perform epics and legendary champions. It is the only champion with an triple attack enemy hp skill. In the entire game. The error was in making her a rare instead of a legendary champion. Anyone who have been playing this game over a month could easily see that this champion was designed to be a cb monster. There is no way a champion that came with a new game update was not throughly tested for bugs etc. That had to be done to make sure it was compatible with the game. The champion is doing exactly what it was programmed to do which is the best cb champion in the game. Thats why it takes 18 skill books to max her skills out. We all know of the 1k Mastery scrolls needed an the hours of grinding mino to get them. No nerf is needed here just upgrade her rank to legendary. Reset her an give everyone back their rare tomes an masteries scrolls. Her problem is her rank not her skill kit. She was programmed to do legendary damage to cb. Computers run programs they dont make mistakes. Since the problem is her being a rare out performing champions above her rarity. Fix the rarity not nerf the champion thats only doing what it was designed to do. If her interaction with the cb was causing turn meter reduction or stuns or sleep or giving allys extra turns. Then you would need to nerf the toon because that is unintentional. 
11 июль 2019, 17:1311.07.19
11 июль 2019, 17:39(отредактировано)

Marius said:

Hearthstone is probably the most common examples supporters of this idea bring up indeed. There was another gave mentioned, though I can't quite remember the name of it right now. At the same time, Summoners War, Galaxy of Heroes, numerous other games don't do that - at least when I was playing. Unfortunately, while I can see the merit in this idea, it also sets the precedent that could easily lead to unjustified calls for compensation even when "nerfs" are small and insignificant. 

Well, compensation is not appropriate I agree but people are not asking to receive copies of what they'd invested and keep the hero upgraded but merely to have an option of getting back the resources invested and resetting champion's upgrades.

I really think it is fair to offer such an option. When you order something with certain specifications but the supplier does not provide them, you definitely should be given an option to return the product. Same is with champs - people decide to invest in those based on the current description.

11 июль 2019, 17:3311.07.19

Marius,

Please tell devs that "balancing" in gatchas should exclusively be to buff weak champs (which still hasn't been done yet in this game), never to nerf strong ones in gatcha games. There's so much investment done in champs and people potentially spend money to either get a certain champ and/or invest in them. 

Also, why is Plarium so quick to nerf rare champs but take forever to buff legendary champs? It was announced so long ago that weak legendaries will get reworks, but nothing done. When it comes to nerfing rares it gets done in a snap. 
11 июль 2019, 17:3411.07.19
11 июль 2019, 17:35(отредактировано)

I have 2 accounts that uses steel bowyer as main for everything and noticed that the low level w/ skill not maxed yet deals more damage on clan boss compare to my main account w/ maxed skill and better stats. funny!

but yeah! totally agree w/ all the people complaining. give us the tome back at least! we've spent months and money on those tomes!

11 июль 2019, 18:2211.07.19

Ah yes, clearly, I am just a Cog in a Soulless Corporate Machine ;) 

Despite all your rage you are still just a rat in a cage? :D Hey man good faith you'll do right by us. Thanks for the hard work and being the medium for us.
11 июль 2019, 18:3311.07.19
Great level 50 fully ascended and now I'll be getting rid of her. What a waste! I agree she needs a boost elsewhere as all I used her for was clan boss. So I should at least still be able.to use her somewhere after investing that much time and tomes.
11 июль 2019, 20:0011.07.19

God said:

Plarium has NO respect for its players at all...

I thought this is the first thing what you learn about plarium after first week of playing their games and lurking through forum...

...but Thx mr obvious.

Тема закрыта. К ней нельзя оставить комментарий.