Все Категории

Why are the discounted packs being manipulated?

Поиск
How to join our moderation team?
21 апр. 2021, 08:3921.04.21

I no longer get the low discounted offers to purchase packs, so I am no longer in the market for them.

Weird though that others still get the offers.

I guess it will be a battle of wills who blinks first, but I for one have never paid above a particular price for a pack and will abandon the game before being forced to do so. 

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
CrowbarModerator
21 апр. 2021, 09:3421.04.21

Your lowest pack price matches the highest one you've recently paid. So, if you buy a $50 "special", you won't get any below $50 anymore. This is the main reason I am not buying those with BH gifts (they are over $10 and I refuse to cross over that threshold).

The good news is that there is a cure: patience. Do not buy at all, and after roughly a month and a half (maybe a bit less), the price should drop by one level (from $50 to $20 or from $20 to $10, if memory serves).

If you wait long enough, you can even get versions of normal offers at $5-$8 or so (slightly less stuff for 50% of the normal price at their lowest). These are the best value for money, but when you buy any of those, the offers go back to $10, and it's another long wait to get back. They are good for occasional spender, but - because of the wait needed - not for the regular ones. For those, I suggest to stick to $10 offers and not spend a cent more on any offer, no matter how much you like it or think you need it.

21 апр. 2021, 16:1721.04.21

Yep.. tis true.. patience is a virtue in this game..

i

Ok .. it's for Stormfall - but the principle is the same

21 апр. 2021, 17:0021.04.21

Thanks Crowbar

Okay, I guess based on your advice I have about another week or so before I start to see the old offers come back.

Thanks for that

CrowbarModerator
21 апр. 2021, 20:0921.04.21

It's not exact science, but I think it's roughly month and a half in total.

And, as Tids has shown, they do get quite low. If not in a hurry to buy, it's worth waiting until the price really drops AND you get interesting offers (i.e., not jump on them the first time their price drops very low).

23 апр. 2021, 07:4023.04.21

While I understand the logic Plarium are using to nudge up spending, they are missing a trick here.

I bought a pack that included a BH gift. The reason for doing so and the extra cost was justified at the time.

However, I will never buy a gift pack again based on the knowledge I have now.

As I say , Plarium are missing a trick here. I would likely buy a gift pack in the future if I was not going to be penalised. Probably other members would as well.

So a waste of time offering them up from here on in. 

CrowbarModerator
23 апр. 2021, 10:5523.04.21

Like I said above, that's the main reason I haven't bought a BH gift so far. However, I did notice that BH gifts drop to $10 when your "main" price drops below.

The last time it happened to me, the BH gift pack was bad, so I skipped it, and then later bought normal packs for the montlhy "buy 50k get 20k" contract and my price went back to $10 (with BH gifts going to $12 or so).

But the principle seems to work: if you wait for your price to drop strictly below $10, BH gifts will drop to $10 and they should be affordable then.