Все Категории

Actual combat mechanics ?

Поиск
6 нояб. 2016, 08:3806.11.16

Howdy marshalls,

So i've been wondering how combat actually works, regarding combat losses and attack/defense values.

I'd like to understand what are the conditions for an unit to die ? Do they have a hidden HP bar ? Does Def value count for attackers ? Is there a random factor ? The game is (in my opinion, or maybe i'm just missing something out and in that case i'd be glad to be enlightened xD ) pretty opaque regarding what actually happens during combat.

So, i've got that simple battle report: 

I'm guessing that my attacking units generate a total of ( 60 berserkers x 52.7= 3162 ) + ( 66 pikemen x 35.7 = 2356 ) = 5518 attack value

And the enemy defenders generate ( 7 pikemen x 60 = 420 ) + 40 + 60 = 520 defense value agains Nordsmen units.

I'm losing 7 Berserkers and 7 Pikemen which is worth 619 attack points.

Also, the battle summary in my inbox looks like that:

591 attack... value... points ? VS 58 defense something, which doesn't connect to the above report.

Does anyone knows, or has a clue about what this means and how the game decides who dies in battle and how damages are distributed between units ? I'm noticing that even in large engagements, biggest units die less than small ones, yet i don't see anything like Health Points and i'm pretty sure that the battle replays are purely cosmetic.

Not understanding how that works is bugging me, as i'd like to go further than "big digits dragons good and expensive better than cheap humans make lotta dragons to win" :P

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
7 нояб. 2016, 15:5407.11.16

Doude said:

Howdy marshalls,

So i've been wondering how combat actually works, regarding combat losses and attack/defense values.

I'd like to understand what are the conditions for an unit to die ? Do they have a hidden HP bar ? Does Def value count for attackers ? Is there a random factor ? 

Hi!

Your Units don't have an HP bar, only Defensive/Offensive value. If you're attacking, Defensive value won't count. There are many random factors in our game. 
9 нояб. 2016, 17:2809.11.16

Hi Alyona,

Thanks for the hint. I guess it's no use to think too much then :P
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
10 нояб. 2016, 11:4510.11.16
Doude said:

Hi Alyona,

Thanks for the hint. I guess it's no use to think too much then :P

30 окт. 2017, 16:0330.10.17

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Doude said:

Hi Alyona,

Thanks for the hint. I guess it's no use to think too much then 
SO THIS IS A STRATEGY GAME WITHOUT A REASON TO THINK.....
1 нояб. 2017, 07:5101.11.17

mommadragon71 said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Doude said:

Hi Alyona,

Thanks for the hint. I guess it's no use to think too much then 
SO THIS IS A STRATEGY GAME WITHOUT A REASON TO THINK.....

Hello! Could you please explain why do you think so? To me, our game is a complicated hardcore strategy where you need to think ahead to reach top positions!