Все Категории

Meet the New Community Manager!

Meet the New Community Manager!

Hello guys!

My name is Andrii, and I'm a new member of the Community Management team at Plarium. I will be your Community Manager in Mech Arena, and I aim to help make our in-game environment better!

I enjoy using different combinations of Mechs, pilots, and weapons with unusual playing styles. In my opinion, good skills is what makes a player MVP.

Right now, my favorite Mech is Paragon. Despite its reputation of being a “boring Mech for beginners,” I like to pair him with some potent sniper weapon like Longarm and attack my enemies from non-obvious points of a map. 

Apart from Mech Arena, I'm a big music fan. I like to listen to it, write it, and perform it. Indie rock is my favourite genre, but I've always been open to all kinds of music.

So what's your favourite Mech and what helps you to become the MVP? 

Просмотры
Комментарии
14 фев. 2023, 13:3214.02.23
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
17 фев. 2023, 16:0917.02.23
Ni Chen

When i get zephyr i will defintely put the minigun 8's and switch it out with guardian

Guardian is definitely one of the most important members of any team it joins as this Mech can make the majority of powerful abilities useless. Zephyr can make a similar advantage due to his amazing stun by Shock pulse. According to that, you have a very helpful playing style for your team, Ni Chen! 

17 фев. 2023, 16:1417.02.23
Pressurc00ker

Hello CrytsalDrew, another favorite mech of mine is the shadow mech, it’s a very
underrated but there are valid reasons why. I was wondering do know if there will
be any buffs for the mech in the foreseeable future?  

Oh, I like to play stealthy, even though I use Paragon for these purposes. However, if Paragon was created not for the stealth mode only, Shadow is definitely perfect for such a style of playing. It would receive buffs if it's not meet its initial functions.

17 фев. 2023, 16:1717.02.23
Divine

Welcome aboard. I recall Paragon with longarms being my favorite for the first 500 or so matches until the opponents scale up and you have no choice but to dump him or lower your win rate.

I agree with other thoughts posted here about the game being quite fun, expensive, and the implant discount removal issue. I personally would spend more $$ but I quit spending extra when I realized I cannot move implants to new pilots that get released. I'm 0% motivated to buy new implants, pilots (or even mechs for that matter) without this being fixed. To have a decent hangar, a player could easily buy a new PC, gaming console + multiple games, or even a pet to give years of enjoyment!

I would not discourage other players from spending $$ but I personally went from a spender to a $10/month season pass holder only. I find myself enjoying the game most on thrift mode. My favorite mech to play is Redeemer but the one with highest utility is easily Stalker or Panther. These mechs are so good they make just about any weapon viable.

Absolutely agree with you, Paragon is perfect for the early stage of the game. However, it doesn't become useless when you receive your first chance to buy some new Mechs (unlike the other similar games where such stuff quickly becomes rubbish). Like your choice of Redeemer, Divine! Its ability to Backtrack can literally make it immortal.

Speaking about some premium features of the game and your dissatisfaction, I think the most important thing is that you like playing. Donating is optional and some of its aspects can change with time. Nevertheless, there are some features that are complicated to be implemented in the game due to the technical specialties. Some other ones require improvement before we can release them.

17 фев. 2023, 16:3217.02.23

I think Paragon needs a speed buff. It has low health and a low base speed. Killshot travels instantly what Paragon can. If Paragon got a buff so the speed was 50 mph then it would be better than redox at least. 

17 фев. 2023, 18:2317.02.23

Favorite mech? Surge with Shotguns. I'm all about waiting for my opponents to get bottlenecked, and then going in and, uh, "solving" that bottleneck. Waiting for that Shotgun 12 action. You know you wanna!

But that's not my best play. My best play is <redacted> because it is just fun to <redacted> with <redacted> because no one ever expects that. I mean, Gatecrasher is supposed to be the guy that kills mechs behind walls, right? 

Oh, and of course let me loose with Orion and a couple of Long 10's. Ooh baby. I'll grant that the EM Rifle packs more punch, but being able to whip around and lay waste to three or four mechs in under 5 seconds? Magnifique! Right now, though, because I'm trying to get Maverick up to speed, I've got a Railgun 16 equipped there and we're exploring how I can one-shot nearly every mech with a hunter's mark. That has it's charms, too, I suppose. 

17 фев. 2023, 23:2717.02.23

welcome nice to meet you!

18 фев. 2023, 00:0018.02.23

is it just me or is mech arena not opening

18 фев. 2023, 05:5918.02.23

Hi there and welcome.

My favorite is Stalker with Nade launchers, I think of all new weapons introduced Nades are the most think outside (or inside) of the box mechanics.

Can't wait for a legendary Barrage pilot to make it viable in the endgame meta.

18 фев. 2023, 16:2718.02.23

esse jogo é muito top😁

19 фев. 2023, 08:4019.02.23
19 фев. 2023, 08:58(отредактировано)

Chat room is a problem, with acoin spam obviously, but now with the 2 english language rooms being taken up by non-english speaking players, and 1 (room 421) is full (shows 300).

19 фев. 2023, 12:1319.02.23
19 фев. 2023, 15:28(отредактировано)

BIIIIIIIIIG WELCOME TO THE TEAM ANDRII

I like ur choice in Mech's, I find the game is much like pokemon in that ur 1st mechs in the game are truly competive, i also used the paragon the same way, but i will be honest, my lancer is the star of my team. right now carrying a sniper rifle it makes for the perfect ninja, stay hidden, take the high griound and even in a stand off, arial snipesusing a longarm 8 makes it and i quote "irritating to fight against" lolz, often i will break protocol and become a distraction so my team can advance, luckily it moves quickly so i easily go from the camp zone to the front line in just a few seconds. 

Please add me in game, 

id love to collab with u as a muso and perhaps even work with plarium as i do have skillz in music composition and production as well as 3d dev using blender and unity, which from what i can tell is what mech arena was written with. 

music dev i have released many songs over the years and have them stored all over the internet, spot my stream some time on twitch /7Arche7Angel

I look forward to seeing u on the battle field @CrystalDrew

humble regards

the Arche Angel

P.S

id love to see this game featured on tournament sites like feder8 and buddy sites like epal?

20 фев. 2023, 13:2820.02.23
N8 _

I think Paragon needs a speed buff. It has low health and a low base speed. Killshot travels instantly what Paragon can. If Paragon got a buff so the speed was 50 mph then it would be better than redox at least. 

It would be some kind of the imba Mech for the beginning of the game, wouldn't it? 😁 But actually, the Ability Cooldown Time implant can make Paragon a little faster as it can use Boost more often. 

20 фев. 2023, 13:2920.02.23
jeditoby

Favorite mech? Surge with Shotguns. I'm all about waiting for my opponents to get bottlenecked, and then going in and, uh, "solving" that bottleneck. Waiting for that Shotgun 12 action. You know you wanna!

But that's not my best play. My best play is <redacted> because it is just fun to <redacted> with <redacted> because no one ever expects that. I mean, Gatecrasher is supposed to be the guy that kills mechs behind walls, right? 

Oh, and of course let me loose with Orion and a couple of Long 10's. Ooh baby. I'll grant that the EM Rifle packs more punch, but being able to whip around and lay waste to three or four mechs in under 5 seconds? Magnifique! Right now, though, because I'm trying to get Maverick up to speed, I've got a Railgun 16 equipped there and we're exploring how I can one-shot nearly every mech with a hunter's mark. That has it's charms, too, I suppose. 

It seems like you have a quite nice Hangar, jeditoby! It's pretty dangerous to meet you on the battlefield ground I suppose especially when you picked some of the listed Mechs. Speaking about my preferences, I guess Orion and a couple of Long 10s are really a win-win.

20 фев. 2023, 13:2920.02.23
nah

welcome nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too, thank you!

20 фев. 2023, 13:3020.02.23
Cee Ya eX Cult

Hi there and welcome.

My favorite is Stalker with Nade launchers, I think of all new weapons introduced Nades are the most think outside (or inside) of the box mechanics.

Can't wait for a legendary Barrage pilot to make it viable in the endgame meta.

Hello! Stalker with Nade launchers sounds amazing. I bet Predator Drive makes it invincible with such a number of damage. 

20 фев. 2023, 13:3020.02.23
hana

esse jogo é muito top😁

Realmente é! (via Google Translator) 

20 фев. 2023, 14:0720.02.23

Hey Andrii. My favorite Mech is the Killshot and i like to equip it with javelins, shotguns, or missile racks depending on the event.

20 фев. 2023, 14:0820.02.23
CrystalDrew

It would be some kind of the imba Mech for the beginning of the game, wouldn't it? 😁 But actually, the Ability Cooldown Time implant can make Paragon a little faster as it can use Boost more often. 

I does the same for killshot, and killshot can travel 60 meters with implants also.

20 фев. 2023, 15:1220.02.23

Tenguuuuuu

20 фев. 2023, 16:2920.02.23
ZenGlen

I feel for you @CrystalDrew (Andrii) and hope you have a thick skin. If you are managing Plarium's Facebook, Instagram, & official subreddit... you are going to be bombarded with complaints, suggestions, & fix requests.

Here is a running list of what is top of mind for me at the moment:

• A better way to handle removing/moving implants. I have stubbornly refused to change pilot implants because the cost in acorns is too high. Also, with FFA mode, players want the flexibility to change their builds. - Happily, the player community has some pretty ingenious ideas on how to create a win/win scenario that would meet both Plarium's revenue goals AND allow players more flexibility with how they choose to use the implants they saved so long to upgrade .
  • FIX: The incoming rocket mortar warning notifications. They don't seem to work unless you're looking in the direction of the RM player. 
  • SUGGESTION: Change the rank perk of RMs. Right now, people are incentivized to use them on 5v5 tournament mode to get a higher score. For a weapon that is low risk, high reward already - the game shouldn't be further incentivizing their use by boosting their kill score with a weapon that requires very little skill (especially now with the radius implant and legendary pilot. 
  • FIX: The chat scroll list bug. (Both on mobile and Plarium Play, the chat scrolls back up to the top no matter how much I try to scroll down to see a message from an offline player.)
  • FIX: Guardian's system crash doesn't consistently work even though the target(s) are well within range.
  • FIX: The "butter dash" bug with KS & Surge. This has gotten me killed so many times! LOL
  • SUGGESTION: Buff tank mechs like Ares, whose HP is equivalent to support mech Orion. Like Brickhouse, it's hard to even call Ares a "tank" anymore. 
  • SUGGESTION: Make it easier to do clan vs clan (or squad vs squad) outside of custom matches.
  • WISH: I would love to have some new CPC & 5v5 maps. Especially CPC with 5 control points (not just 3). The 5 point maps generally require more strategy, team work, and skill (in my opinion).
  • WISH: Once a mech or weapon has received enough blueprints to max out - stop receiving blueprints for them from crates and blueprint packs. The pool of possible blueprints is already diluted enough. The odds of getting a specific Legendary blueprint are abysmally low as it is. (Sure, there may be whales who have all their stuff maxed out, which would make it so they would only be getting the blueprints they need, but that is a tiny fraction of the player base. Perhaps in those edge cases, give them credits, pilot marks, or implant parts instead? OR if we receive blueprints for a maxed out mech or weapon, they could be converted to credits or something?)

This is not an exhaustive list of my issues with the game, but I think that covers most of the things that are top of mind for me right now.

Hello ZenGlen! I'm happy to join the community and will do my best to keep it a great place! 😉 Thank you for such a bulk response. Let's take a look at the list of your suggestions:

The implant removal question is complicated. This feature requires complex technical intervention, but our team is working to find a comprehensive solution. If a discount or something will appear, you will be notified. Stay tuned!

Talking about incoming rocket mortar warning notifications, could you please describe in which scenarios you don't receive the warning notifications? It would be great if you could send us some recordings of such examples. Perhaps you were staying near another player who was initially under the rocket mortar target or the aim of your enemy wasn't focused on you. In both cases, you won't receive a warning notification. Nevertheless, we are working on the improvement of this mechanic.

Another bug that you mention is an issue with Chat Scroll. Our team already knows about its incorrect performance and is developing a solution. We appreciate your attentiveness!

Thanks a lot for your multiple suggestions. We will share them with our team and overview the best ones. The majority of rational ideas often come to life if it's technically possible.