Все Категории

Meet the New Community Manager!

Meet the New Community Manager!

Hello guys!

My name is Andrii, and I'm a new member of the Community Management team at Plarium. I will be your Community Manager in Mech Arena, and I aim to help make our in-game environment better!

I enjoy using different combinations of Mechs, pilots, and weapons with unusual playing styles. In my opinion, good skills is what makes a player MVP.

Right now, my favorite Mech is Paragon. Despite its reputation of being a “boring Mech for beginners,” I like to pair him with some potent sniper weapon like Longarm and attack my enemies from non-obvious points of a map. 

Apart from Mech Arena, I'm a big music fan. I like to listen to it, write it, and perform it. Indie rock is my favourite genre, but I've always been open to all kinds of music.

So what's your favourite Mech and what helps you to become the MVP? 

Просмотры
Комментарии
14 фев. 2023, 13:3214.02.23
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
15 фев. 2023, 10:1615.02.23
Flat_Earth_Lord

my favorite mech is ORION, it's fast, lots of HP and because of its ability, can use ANY type of weapon to dominate the game. 

I noticed that the majority of the biggest Mech Arena YouTubers choose Orion as their favorite Mech. That's not surprising as Orion is indeed the most versatile Mech for today and definitely a good choice! 

15 фев. 2023, 10:2015.02.23
15 фев. 2023, 12:40(отредактировано)
Mercy

Hello Andrii. We have high hopes you'll manage this community with firm hands. 

"I aim to help make our in-game environment better".

Start with making the players interact with one another. Or at least allow them to in game. Right now theres only 3-4 buttons to communicate with during battles. Make those 2vs2 more, intimate!

Hi Mercy! Will do my best 🙂 The game is under constant development so it may receive more communication features if the technical possibilities allow it. For now, you are welcome to join our Discord server to meet other players and interact with them!

15 фев. 2023, 10:2315.02.23
Valen_Swift

Hello Andrii, welcome!

So, you are a Paragon aficionado and like to snipe. I like my Lancer and like to stick it into your back.

And I have no choice but to run away! By the way, Lancer is my second favorite Mech, especially if it's equipped with some guided weapons.

15 фев. 2023, 10:2615.02.23
Sipertamaxcool

Well my favourite machine is... anything in mech arena...

And my trick to be MVP is teamwork, good skill, good weapon, good mood.

Very nice approach to the game, Sipertamaxcool! 😉 Actually, I agree that any Mech can be a GOAT in good hands.

15 фев. 2023, 12:5015.02.23

hey funny thing i am an indian

15 фев. 2023, 12:5215.02.23

my fav mech is the killshot and it equipped with arc torrent help me get more kills 

15 фев. 2023, 15:2115.02.23

Another favorite mech is shadow with disc launchers/shotguns though the shadow mech needs a buff of some kind. Do you see any buffs in the forseeable future for the mech. 

15 фев. 2023, 16:2515.02.23
godster

my fav mech is the killshot and it equipped with arc torrent help me get more kills 

नमस्ते! It seems like Killshot is the star of this post and it's clear why - fast, flexible, and hard to kill. Nice choice!

15 фев. 2023, 16:2515.02.23
Pressurc00ker

Another favorite mech is shadow with disc launchers/shotguns though the shadow mech needs a buff of some kind. Do you see any buffs in the forseeable future for the mech. 

We make balance changes from time to time to keep the game fair and honest for all players. However, there are no planned buffs for Shadow for today as it still meets its original purposes.

15 фев. 2023, 17:5215.02.23

My favorite mech right now is Orion with carbines, but the most powerful one that I use is surge with shotguns. Hopefully now that Plarium is hiring more that the bugs will be fixed🙄.

15 фев. 2023, 21:4015.02.23

What are the 5 biggest problems of Mech arena in your opinion and what is being done to fix them? 

16 фев. 2023, 07:2616.02.23

welcome! expect lots of complaints, but please listen to them!

16 фев. 2023, 16:3116.02.23
DeathPointforYA

What are the 5 biggest problems of Mech arena in your opinion and what is being done to fix them? 

Actually, I do like the game. I've tried some of its competitors and Mech Arena fits me the most as it's the easiest to play one, not boring though. In this way, I can highlight not the problems, but some personal suggestions (even if they are not possible due to the technical possibilities):

1. More than a single ability to every Mech
2. In-match voice/text chat
3. Presence of pilots during a match (maybe as a short cutscene or something)
4. Bigger choice of modifying the look of a Mech to create own more unique styles
5. More special options for clans

Talking about fixing the problems, our game developers are working on improvements as well as we are trying to deal with any newly defined bugs asap.

16 фев. 2023, 16:3116.02.23
squid3011

welcome! expect lots of complaints, but please listen to them!

Hello! Will do my best to deal with them all! 😁 

16 фев. 2023, 21:4816.02.23

my favorite mech is guardian because the system crash is super op with miniguns

16 фев. 2023, 21:5216.02.23

When i get zephyr i will defintely put the minigun 8's and switch it out with guardian

16 фев. 2023, 23:4216.02.23

Welcome aboard. I recall Paragon with longarms being my favorite for the first 500 or so matches until the opponents scale up and you have no choice but to dump him or lower your win rate.

I agree with other thoughts posted here about the game being quite fun, expensive, and the implant discount removal issue. I personally would spend more $$ but I quit spending extra when I realized I cannot move implants to new pilots that get released. I'm 0% motivated to buy new implants, pilots (or even mechs for that matter) without this being fixed. To have a decent hangar, a player could easily buy a new PC, gaming console + multiple games, or even a pet to give years of enjoyment!

I would not discourage other players from spending $$ but I personally went from a spender to a $10/month season pass holder only. I find myself enjoying the game most on thrift mode. My favorite mech to play is Redeemer but the one with highest utility is easily Stalker or Panther. These mechs are so good they make just about any weapon viable.

17 фев. 2023, 00:2717.02.23

Hello CrytsalDrew, another favorite mech of mine is the shadow mech, it’s a very
underrated but there are valid reasons why. I was wondering do know if there will
be any buffs for the mech in the foreseeable future?  

17 фев. 2023, 03:3017.02.23
17 фев. 2023, 03:34(отредактировано)

I feel for you @CrystalDrew (Andrii) and hope you have a thick skin. If you are managing Plarium's Facebook, Instagram, & official subreddit... you are going to be bombarded with complaints, suggestions, & fix requests.

Here is a running list of what is top of mind for me at the moment:

• A better way to handle removing/moving implants. I have stubbornly refused to change pilot implants because the cost in acorns is too high. Also, with FFA mode, players want the flexibility to change their builds. - Happily, the player community has some pretty ingenious ideas on how to create a win/win scenario that would meet both Plarium's revenue goals AND allow players more flexibility with how they choose to use the implants they saved so long to upgrade .
  • FIX: The incoming rocket mortar warning notifications. They don't seem to work unless you're looking in the direction of the RM player. 
  • SUGGESTION: Change the rank perk of RMs. Right now, people are incentivized to use them on 5v5 tournament mode to get a higher score. For a weapon that is low risk, high reward already - the game shouldn't be further incentivizing their use by boosting their kill score with a weapon that requires very little skill (especially now with the radius implant and legendary pilot. 
  • FIX: The chat scroll list bug. (Both on mobile and Plarium Play, the chat scrolls back up to the top no matter how much I try to scroll down to see a message from an offline player.)
  • FIX: Guardian's system crash doesn't consistently work even though the target(s) are well within range.
  • FIX: The "butter dash" bug with KS & Surge. This has gotten me killed so many times! LOL
  • SUGGESTION: Buff tank mechs like Ares, whose HP is equivalent to support mech Orion. Like Brickhouse, it's hard to even call Ares a "tank" anymore. 
  • SUGGESTION: Make it easier to do clan vs clan (or squad vs squad) outside of custom matches.
  • WISH: I would love to have some new CPC & 5v5 maps. Especially CPC with 5 control points (not just 3). The 5 point maps generally require more strategy, team work, and skill (in my opinion).
  • WISH: Once a mech or weapon has received enough blueprints to max out - stop receiving blueprints for them from crates and blueprint packs. The pool of possible blueprints is already diluted enough. The odds of getting a specific Legendary blueprint are abysmally low as it is. (Sure, there may be whales who have all their stuff maxed out, which would make it so they would only be getting the blueprints they need, but that is a tiny fraction of the player base. Perhaps in those edge cases, give them credits, pilot marks, or implant parts instead? OR if we receive blueprints for a maxed out mech or weapon, they could be converted to credits or something?)

This is not an exhaustive list of my issues with the game, but I think that covers most of the things that are top of mind for me right now.

17 фев. 2023, 13:1317.02.23
N8 _

My favorite mech right now is Orion with carbines, but the most powerful one that I use is surge with shotguns. Hopefully now that Plarium is hiring more that the bugs will be fixed🙄.

Indeed, playing Orion with its Hunter's Mark and carabines sounds like a nice-to-play combination. Moreover, having both Orion and Surge in your Hangar is a recipe for success!
Talking about bugs, we give special attention to error fixing. Any detected bugs that have surfaced are immediately shown to our game development department. However, the process of fixing them can take some time. In any way, be sure bugs are not unnoticed and will be fixed soon.