Все Категории

Unable to fill out bug report on discord.

Поиск
6 сент. 2021, 10:4606.09.21

I have a bug report, and have scrolled through the #bugreport section on the discord, and do not see this bug reported previously.  I wish to fill it out, however the discord channel requests a two setp identification process.   While unusual, I primarily use the messenger ap through facebook for communication to avoid the costs associated with network providers.  As such, I don't have a phone number to receive a verification text and participate in the discord group. 

In conclusion, what, if any, alternative methods are available to either; 

- send the bug report over email / over this forum.

Thanks again!, and this game is excellent!!

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
28 нояб. 2021, 23:0128.11.21
28 нояб. 2021, 23:02(отредактировано)

Don't worry even if you do fill a bug report out on discord it will go to /dev/null anyway as it's basically a chat where nobody from the company actually responds, all you get are answers from other players. Real bugs like glitches in levels are overrun with complains about the game killing people too oftent, so that entire section is completely useless, the #bug-report channel on discord. 

The only feeble attempts at followup that I've seen request personal info, game ID and an actual screen recording of something that you may not be able to repeat, like falling into parts of a 3D stage or mechs getting stuck. 

Having been a systems administrator and a software engineer for the last part of 30 years or so I can tell you, if they wanted bug reports they'd have a ticketing system like JIRA or other and not a random free-for-all channel on Discord and a closed forum section. I know how to fill out proper bug reports and steps to reproduce, it's nearly impossible to do on Discord, especially not without giving out so much of your own personally identifiable information in a public fora, Maybe I can @ some mods on discord, but I think their gig is to run discord and not collect bugs into software developer or QA department friendly way. I also suspect there is no QA department for Mech Arena, I think the game is developed using CI/CD practices and Microservices so the only thing close to QA would be some type of load testing against an ever growing audience and geo distribution.

Directly I've identified bugs that appear only on IOS 15.1.x and only on larger iPhones, specifically the ones with wider and larger screens and screen aspect ratios - so if you're on thae Apple platform get ready for a completely tonedeath approach as I assume the development cycle for this game is Android first. 

Any typing to support in-game results in an auto-reply with "What's your game ID?" So literally a logged in user, who is fully sessionized, paid money through iTunes or Google Play - their ID is somehow a secret, even if you include your Game ID in the body and subject of the email, support will still come back with an auto-reply asking for your game ID again.

All this tells me is that Plarium is making a concerted effort to mimimize support costs - sort of like a support number that put's you on hold for 19 hours to then only disconnect you - or a corporate expense form where you have to do triplicate copies and get two senior managers to sign off on a $20 dollar stapler you bough out of pocket, they want to make it as hard as possible to reach support or report bugs.

I'm genuinely shocked, shocked, that anyone from plarium actually responds in this very forum. But I'm fairly sure they're from an entirely different business unit of Plarium so they can probably do very litttle to nothing to help. 

AlinaCommunity Manager
1 дек. 2021, 13:4501.12.21

Hello! We're very happy that you like our game 😍 And it's a pleasure to see such a proactive player. If you cannot submit a bug report on Discord, please contact our Support via this link -> https://plrm.me/arena_support Our agents will be happy to help. Good luck!

AlinaCommunity Manager
1 дек. 2021, 13:4701.12.21
DDKMech

Don't worry even if you do fill a bug report out on discord it will go to /dev/null anyway as it's basically a chat where nobody from the company actually responds, all you get are answers from other players. Real bugs like glitches in levels are overrun with complains about the game killing people too oftent, so that entire section is completely useless, the #bug-report channel on discord. 

The only feeble attempts at followup that I've seen request personal info, game ID and an actual screen recording of something that you may not be able to repeat, like falling into parts of a 3D stage or mechs getting stuck. 

Having been a systems administrator and a software engineer for the last part of 30 years or so I can tell you, if they wanted bug reports they'd have a ticketing system like JIRA or other and not a random free-for-all channel on Discord and a closed forum section. I know how to fill out proper bug reports and steps to reproduce, it's nearly impossible to do on Discord, especially not without giving out so much of your own personally identifiable information in a public fora, Maybe I can @ some mods on discord, but I think their gig is to run discord and not collect bugs into software developer or QA department friendly way. I also suspect there is no QA department for Mech Arena, I think the game is developed using CI/CD practices and Microservices so the only thing close to QA would be some type of load testing against an ever growing audience and geo distribution.

Directly I've identified bugs that appear only on IOS 15.1.x and only on larger iPhones, specifically the ones with wider and larger screens and screen aspect ratios - so if you're on thae Apple platform get ready for a completely tonedeath approach as I assume the development cycle for this game is Android first. 

Any typing to support in-game results in an auto-reply with "What's your game ID?" So literally a logged in user, who is fully sessionized, paid money through iTunes or Google Play - their ID is somehow a secret, even if you include your Game ID in the body and subject of the email, support will still come back with an auto-reply asking for your game ID again.

All this tells me is that Plarium is making a concerted effort to mimimize support costs - sort of like a support number that put's you on hold for 19 hours to then only disconnect you - or a corporate expense form where you have to do triplicate copies and get two senior managers to sign off on a $20 dollar stapler you bough out of pocket, they want to make it as hard as possible to reach support or report bugs.

I'm genuinely shocked, shocked, that anyone from plarium actually responds in this very forum. But I'm fairly sure they're from an entirely different business unit of Plarium so they can probably do very litttle to nothing to help. 

Hey! Sorry to see you're disappointed with our support on Discord. Please note that there are more and more players on our official server which makes it harder to reply to everyone. But we've got a group of dedicated mods who forward all bug reports to us in a separate chat. Besides, we do reply there from time to time 🤗

26 июль 2022, 17:5626.07.22

If the trouble is connected with sms or phone number verification I suggest you to use grizzlysms services. I recently bought there a phone number for line sms verification (https://grizzlysms.com/line-messenger) and it worked for me!