All Categories

I want this in the game now

Search
Nov 25, 2018, 11:5511/25/18
07/06/17

One thing this game needs is the COPY & PASTE ability. It would make certain things so much faster. Like translations of other languages to and from a translator. Sometimes I give orders to only my Elders, that I dont want the rest of the clan to see. So I have to write the same thing over many times. If I had the COPY & Paste ability I would only have to write it once.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!!!! 
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 27, 2018, 04:0411/27/18
09/03/18
I stand firm against copy/paste function. It would invite more trouble than it's worth.
Nov 27, 2018, 04:4411/27/18
07/06/17
Eleria said:

I stand firm against copy/paste function. It would invite more trouble than it's worth.
How ?
Nov 27, 2018, 09:2011/27/18
Nov 27, 2018, 09:24(edited)
09/03/18

Lord Z - The spam would become unbearable and undoubtedly, it would result in the next uproar of "do something about this" requests. Copy/Paste would only serve one practical purpose-making it easier to translate foreign languages-but we can get by without it as we have done for a long time now. I'd rather keep juggling two devices making use of a 3rd party camera translator app, and waiting, fingers crossed, for a future in-game translation function, than risk the integrity of the current messaging and chat features for an only slightly less inconvenient method of holding a conversation with non-English speaking players.

On the other hand, it would be nice if, when sending clan messages, we could pick recipients by rank. I definitely understand the frustration of not being able to address just your elders or just your new members all at once with a clan message. 
Dec 5, 2018, 00:4712/05/18
04/02/18

You can actually copy/paste. If you type something inside the game, you can copy/cut it and then paste, just not from outside of game, like notepad.

I do it all the time when training troops. I check the exactly amount I need for a specific boost, go back to clan chat, type that number and copy it. Then I paste into the troop amount each time and it works. I just tested and it works in all areas where you can input text.
Dec 5, 2018, 02:0912/05/18
02/21/18

Though you say it is, I  cant see as this is particularly useful, you could just type in the number of troops you want to train,

In any case it doesnt appear to work .  At least I cant get it to work,nothing is copyable for me from chat . 

Also this isnt what is wanted, players want to copy chat, paste it to a translator in order to read it.

Dec 5, 2018, 03:5912/05/18
09/20/18

I disagree with the "only used for spam" comment.  Anyone that violates the acceptable use agreement gets booted/banned from the game right? Standing firm is not conducive to customer satisfaction.  It is "IMPOSSIBLE" to communicate with the Russian majority of game players without a translator.  My keyboard does not even make most of the characters in the language, so google translate can not even help me.

Even for German, French, or Spanish, (using the same alphabet) I have to type every word I want to send twice.  First typing the foreign text into the translator to see what was said, then type my reply into the translator so I can respond, and finally type my translated reply/comment back into the game, and repeat.  PLEASE!  If you can not code translation capability into a "Global" game, provide a tutorial on communicating in different languages.  Even if that tutorial explains how/what to snapshot, with a recommended list of possible tools (for each OS), and where to upload it to be scanned/translated.  The reverse is still impossible without being able to paste into the game, unless the languages have a common alphabet.

Better yet, create a VIKINGS language (with emogies or icons) that everyone has to use to communicate.   Then for each graphic, have a pop-up of what it means in our "native" language.  Of course pop-up text does not exist on touch screen devices.  In this case scroll/cursor and select keys :( Otherwise the path of least resistance is to allow cut & paste between the game/browser/flash media and external applications.

Plarium is already masterful in covering up the playing field, blocking our view, with [useless] information containing far too much unused space.  Why not add an on-screen keyboard with 30-40 game related words (not letters) and a drop down selection of display languages?  This could be used with or instead of emogies in chat, and built-in email.  Mostly nouns/objects (icons) and a few verbs/actions (emogies): RSS, Food, Wood, Rock, Iron, Coin, Bank, Gold, Uber, Invader, Ghost, Tile, Gem, Gear, Friend, Allie, Enemy, Attack, Retreat, Trap, Truce, Heal, Resurrect, Shield, Protect, Boost, Hyper, Grow, Burn, Give, Take, Mine, Yours, Trade, Please, ThankYou, You'reWelcome, Yes, No, OK, Celebrate, Congratulate, Scold, Learn, Build, Fuse, Combine, Active, Sleep, Work, Home, Hive etc. For the reverse, highlighting/selecting the text/word in chat/email would bring the keyboard translation up, one word/icon at a time.  There are already icons in the game for all of the nouns and many of the verbs.  We had to learn them... 

We don't really care if we can't cut&paste.  We care that we can't communicate.  We are asking for your help to solve the communication problem.