All Categories

No more notice when someone applies to join a clan

Search
Oct 7, 2018, 22:3410/07/18
10/25/17

There used to be a notice that came, I think, in the system notices to the chief and elders when someone requested to join.  Ive lost the chance at gaining 2 new much needed members because I didnt check the 'management' tab for a couple of days. And my elders cant even see that someone applied to join where we/they could before.
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 14, 2018, 01:5711/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 21:24(edited)
09/03/18

Kitzen said:

There used to be a notice that came, I think, in the system notices to the chief and elders when someone requested to join.  Ive lost the chance at gaining 2 new much needed members because I didnt check the 'management' tab for a couple of days. And my elders cant even see that someone applied to join where we/they could before.

I couldn't help but notice that no one responded after a month which is probably because many people here have seen, debated, chewed on and spat out this topic in one way or another, here and there since joining these forums... and most are just as flabbergasted as you.

This has indeed been a source of frustration and the cause of much struggle. Some people may say that we don't need notifications for this because applicants can just message the leader or elders when applying to a clan, but most people won't due to language barriers or plain old impatience. They'll just join whichever clan accepts them first. Recruiting starts off as a fast-paced, competitive ordeal and then slows down until eventually, seeing the occasional new applicant is just a pleasant surprise; and for that applicant, a punctual response may dictate whether or not they'll qualify in upcoming clan events. Therefore, there is never a point when the existing lack of a persistent, visible notification icon for incoming requests doesn't cause disappointment, annoyance, and even anger. Being made aware of a potential clan member waiting at the door in almost any obnoxious manner until the request is dealt with would be a welcome addition by most clan leaders and should have been theirs to take for granted from the start. At this point, it's clear that oversight is not to to blame for the absence of adequate notification. 

What could possibly have convinced the creators and developers of CLANS at War that burying urgent clan related notices and keeping potential clan members on the back burner is a good idea? :/  The reason that their money hemorrhaging patrons, long term game addicts and newly hooked suckers have to endure these fixable inconveniences is elusive, but I'm almost positive there is one. 

KITZEN- I'm sorry that happened to you... Losing a potential recruit before you even knew they were interested is the worst unsatisfying feeling in this game, and losing TWO must be infuriating. *Hugs* 😂 There are a lot of tantalizing questions so far unanswered about this game that turn curiosity into a driving hunger for facts and the Vikings version of  "Why doesn't a bell ring when someone's at the door?!" is a doozy.

That said...I have a theory. 

Goodness knows, we get pop-up notifications AND system emails for every other little thing, many of which are actually unnecessary, and in the past we have even asked for some of those to be shrunk, hidden, or just done away with entirely, but some team of pop-up crazy flittertwits keeps pitching those 'it.can.waits' in your face while hiding the 'gotta-knows' in off screen menus, and they seem awful proud of themselves! So proud! Perhaps then, since an attention grabbing 'incoming application' icon would not only be helpful, but also hoped and wished for, looked forward to, and celebrated, having one introduced to the game would cause depreciated self-worth among the current hyper-active Alert fairies (tiny but ferocious) whose fragile disposition, jealousy and damnable passive aggression would result in them causing devastating fits of lag, buffering, and connection loss. So it's just not worth the risk, you see?

Nov 14, 2018, 04:1311/14/18
02/21/18

I just checked something before replying.

Someone applied to join my clan after the date of Kitzens post,I remember seeing it flash on the screen.

Its possible they fixed a bug and it started working again as it used to, is supposed to.

One thing is relevant, if you are not on line, or not watching when the request comes in then you are not going to be aware of the request.

Nov 14, 2018, 07:0511/14/18
04/07/17
Yes it would be nice for elders and chiefs to get a system message when someone requests to join the clan ... in the year and a half I have been playing I never received such system message ... it has been mentioned before on the forum but is worth bringing up again because it would be an easy change and very helpful.
Nov 14, 2018, 21:3011/14/18
09/03/18

CIM said:

Yes it would be nice for elders and chiefs to get a system message when someone requests to join the clan ... in the year and a half I have been playing I never received such system message ... it has been mentioned before on the forum but is worth bringing up again because it would be an easy change and very helpful.

Yes.. That. :) * PERSISTENT * is the keyword to describe the notification needed to address this issue... Eg. Either an icon similar to the "help" pop-up or else an email alert like you get for every other clan related development.

CIM... Did you like this theory any better than my loosely supported equipment hypothesis? ٩◔̯◔۶