All Categories

I keep getting this error message that stops the game totally.

Search
Jul 13, 2018, 02:0907/13/18
06/29/17

Can anyone explain what this means please???
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 13, 2018, 03:2507/13/18
04/07/17
I have got that also ... only on my computer that did the recent window update and only with opera and Vivaldi browsers.  Maybe try a different browser.
Jul 13, 2018, 08:1507/13/18
03/18/17

same here, this is getting horrible since last game update (12/07/18).

using Firefox

Jul 13, 2018, 09:1807/13/18
06/02/17

when it happen in firefox, close the browser... and start firefox again...

happen more often on 32 bit version of browser that on 64 bit version of browser... for know what version of browser you use with firefox, click "Help" and then "over  Firefox"...

for the tech people, a quote who somehow explain why it happen : " This is not the bitness of the operating system that matters, but the bitness of the browser that the user is using. For example, many users still run 32-bit Firefox on a 64-bit system, which means that the theoretical maximum memory available for the browser process is 4GB. Note that the heap memory should also be continuous, while allocation/deallocation of big chunks can eventually make this memory fragmented. So even though there might be lot of free memory available for the browser process within those theoretical 4GB, there might still be no continuous block of enough size. The problem often occurs when the game tab is reloaded multiple times."

in short, if you refresh often with a 32 browser, you will hit these "web gl out of memory fast"... from time to time, close the browser and open it again...

Having several tab open increase the issue too... tab use the same process... better to have a several windows that tab since windows are a own process who can address 4gb memory each in 32 bit browser on 64 bit OS... open firefox 32 bit one time for viking only, open a second firefox 32 bit for the other things ...

same with 64 bit firefox, issue will happen after a very long time ( days with browser running ) since the garbage collector in unity will create memory fragmentation with time

Jul 13, 2018, 10:0407/13/18
04/07/17
anesfan said:

for the tech people, a quote who somehow explain why it happen : " This is not the bitness of the operating system that matters, but the bitness of the browser that the user is using. For example, many users still run 32-bit Firefox on a 64-bit system, which means that the theoretical maximum memory available for the browser process is 4GB. Note that the heap memory should also be continuous, while allocation/deallocation of big chunks can eventually make this memory fragmented. So even though there might be lot of free memory available for the browser process within those theoretical 4GB, there might still be no continuous block of enough size. The problem often occurs when the game tab is reloaded multiple times."

Thanks for this ... it is my laptop that is having problem with Opera and Vivaldi ... even after clearing browser, restarting the computer and having only the one window and one tab open for the game ... (and well was only my laptop that I did the recent windows update, which seems that had nothing to do with the problem.)
Jul 15, 2018, 02:1607/15/18
Jul 15, 2018, 02:16(edited)
06/25/17
CIM said:

I have got that also ... only on my computer that did the recent window update and only with opera and Vivaldi browsers.  Maybe try a different browser.
it does the same thing on chrome and firefox both.
Jul 15, 2018, 14:4607/15/18
05/24/18
This is NOT a player based issue.  If you look at the error, it's how the developers compiled the game( memory values) and there isnt anything you can do about it.  I've contacted support multiple times and even gave them the unity3d reference material to help fix it, yet they tell me to increase the memory settings in my browser, dont believe it.  If you do that, the game will run like crap or fail even worse.

This is a developer issue not a player one.

I also suspect the app has a memory bleed as it usually happens over a duration of time and may even be related to the blinking window for killing invaders/ghosts.

Partial workaround:

Run your browser in private mode.  It helps limit it and auto-clear of cache at end of session. 
Jul 15, 2018, 17:0807/15/18
06/02/17
IncubusDD said:

This is NOT a player based issue.
it is both... lot of player are using 32 bits browser on 64 bit OS... maximum size of a process is 2 gb... if plarium was to increase the memory for unity webgl, it will increase the issue... the reserved webgl memory need to be in one piece but soon or later, it become fragmented due to how garbage collector work in unity...

most of the time, you have the webgl error when the memory used by your browser is a little above 1.8 gb...

on player side, clear cache at end of session change nothing... but there is a few thing who can help... try to keep your browser to use the less memory is possible when you start it... by example, setup all your plug-in on "ask for start"

have do it friday and since i have no more these webgl error... some people will be surprised how much memory all these plug-in, add-on, addblocker, fancy toolbar, downloadhelper, and more are using...

if i can do it on a 10 year old computer with xp, every computer can do it

On plarium side, the increase loading time from each new build show that asset data ( a.data file ) increase with each update... since unity have no real file system, file is stored in memory of browser at loading time and remain ... big chunk of the asset are texture and 3d model related... usually, there is a possibility of optimization there who can reduce memory used by 30%...

so, work can be done on both side for improve the game experience but increase the memory reserved for unity opengl will only make the problem worse... was is needed is optimization on both side
Jul 15, 2018, 17:5307/15/18
06/14/17

anesfan said:

[…]

if i can do it on a 10 year old computer with xp, every computer can do it

[…]

so, work can be done on both side for improve the game experience but increase the memory reserved for unity opengl will only make the problem worse... was is needed is optimization on both side

I have been using a 32-bit PC with a 1G GPU, 4G RAM and a Intel Core 2 processor for a long time. The game was slower in response to actions as clicking tasks etc. But I could run two profiles at once with no big disadvantage.

Now I am on a 64-bit system always running latest 64-bit browsers. 8G GPU RAM, 16G System RAM, high end M.2 OS disk etc.

I have a separate profile for Vikings in Firefox / Chrome etc. where I have few to no plugins / enable disable some on need.

Still: Memory faults are coming frequently. The worst thing is to scan kingdom. After some minutes of looking around the game always crashes due to memory fault.

Quite often there is also a lot of flickering in the game. For example looking at the event windows it is impossible to scroll them cause game keeps re-painting every 0.5 second or so. Same goes for invaders etc. This is usually toward the end of events, and has perhaps been improved by last update.

But - memory fault persist.

This has to be a severe memory leak. During scanning/scouting for example it is adding to the stack for each time one scroll the map, never freeing up anything. It has to end bad.

I do not see any difference between my 32-bit and 64-bit in that regard, if anything, the 64-bit has begotten worse then the 32-bit system. Response time is better etc, but memory issue prevail.
Jul 16, 2018, 09:5707/16/18
03/18/17

i am also on 64 bits firefox and win 10 64 bits.

game is crashing every fucking 20 min when i scan kingdom.

Plarium needs to optimize their game.
Jul 16, 2018, 10:2407/16/18
04/27/17
I have this problem as well and the screen flickering problem also. Pretty frustrating when trying to attack invaders or check other players info or even farm as you can't do much
Jul 17, 2018, 14:1207/17/18
06/29/17

Thanks for all the suggestions..

I have done everything I can and now its in the hands of Plarium as I STILL have same issues..

Really hope they can make a good fix as it could cost me big if this happens just after I drop a shield to attack....

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.