Multiple accounts

15 Replies
User
4 January, 2018, 4:35 AM UTC

I am running two accounts, in the same clan, both active in events, and yet only one sometimes gets gold or bonus's.

And also my second account has been in the clan over a week, and yet atm for the " Destroying Invaders Quest" it's not gaining any points when I attack invaders.

I've submitted a ticket to support and haven't heard a thing from them, and yes I check spam folder all the time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An update to this, just to say, I'm not running two anymore. As from 30 January 2018.

UTC +0:00
xyz
User
4 January, 2018, 3:43 PM UTC

Irrespective of what others may have, and what they may be doing, and what they have said on here, you have just stated on the forum that you are running two accounts in the same clan, with the supposition that it must be in the same kingdom.

Is this fair, even if it is permitted , which I am pretty sure it isn't,  to those that are not doing this?

If everyone had two accounts then you would be no better off than everyone having just the one, and it being a level playing field in this aspect.

The fact that you have written to the support team is very interesting, and I would love to know their answer, and see it posted here for all to see.

UTC +7:00
User
9 January, 2018, 2:00 PM UTC

I use more than 1 account in the game and I get rewards without a problem. you should take a part in events every time. some scores will be enough for rewards. but if you do this in both accs it sound strange

UTC +3:00
CIM
User
9 January, 2018, 4:31 PM UTC
Go start another account xyz so you got more than a one man clan ... I already told you how support tell me how to start another account AND I also linked you to rules that do not forbid it ...
UTC +1:00
xyz
User
10 January, 2018, 3:01 AM UTC

It amused me when I saw you had posted.

As I said , if everyone one has multi-accounts, then everyone might as well just have the one 

Maybe support did as you said , but how aware were they about the where and why for ?

Yes I used the link  and read the information, or most of it, it was like reading War  and Peace.

I still believe that you are only supposed to have one account, there are lots of posts on the forum about it.

If they are old posts and no longer relevant, then maybe they should be removed or archived 

Maybe the owners make the rules, and the techs turn a blind eye to enforcing them, with or without the implied consent of the owners, or they have given up the ghost on enforcing them because  they can't, or it suits them not to.

Would love to know the outcome of the original complaint  or for the support team to post here  and say its ok everyone can have as many accounts in one Kingdom as they choose. 

CIM
User
12 January, 2018, 4:05 AM UTC
Where are the lots of posts on forum about not being allowed to have more than one account?  I've read the whole forum and I have not seen lots and the rules are not like war and peace ... you are smart enough to read and understand them and to see that there is no indication that you are not allowed to have more than one account.
User
12 January, 2018, 4:13 AM UTC

xyz said:

... running two accounts in the same clan... Is this fair...

lot of people are running multiple accounts in same clan... and it is not so unfair...

Warrior use secondary account for store rss... so if zeroed, they can rebuild

In fact, it is somehow not good to have multiple account... secondary account add to influence of clan and give more difficult ennemy in cvc... but second account are somehow dormant and don't make a lot of point in event...

Personaly, i think that having 1 account is more easy... best to put 100$ on 1 account that 50$ on each two account... if a clan is good organized, with bank, hyperfarm, warrior, yielder, etc... the need of 2 account dissappear...

what is unfair is what i have see during the new year period, when there was huge sale of rss package and stronghold booster package... some people have create numerous new account during cvc... buy the package, send the rss to the stronghold and boost stronghold transformation/research/construction for win their cvc...

normaly, new cities cannot participate in event already started... but they can in case of cvc with sending rss to the stronghold and boost transformation/research/construction because point go to the clan chief... this is really unfair and plarium need to solve this problem
UTC +2:00
CIM
User
12 January, 2018, 4:29 AM UTC
I just did a search and I said I had read the whole forum but that was just vikings war of clans ... and when I searched it showed posts from other games and it seems that the posts talking about no alt accounts are a few years old and it also seems that the rules have been changed because it isn't in the rules NOW that you can't have multiple accounts ...
CIM
User
12 January, 2018, 4:32 AM UTC
admiral.ackbar said:

what is unfair is what i have see during the new year period, when there was huge sale of rss package and stronghold booster package... some people have create numerous new account during cvc... buy the package, send the rss to the stronghold and boost stronghold transformation/research/construction for win their cvc...

normaly, new cities cannot participate in event already started... but they can in case of cvc with sending rss to the stronghold and boost transformation/research/construction because point go to the clan chief... this is really unfair and plarium need to solve this problem
Yea I noticed this past month that twice we had cvc competition where the clan did outrageous amounts of transformations last hour ... now I understand how it was done ... lol ... not that I/we plan on duplicating that ...
CIM
User
12 January, 2018, 4:47 AM UTC

Ok I found this RECENT thread that you might be interested in xyz ... it says specifically by a community manager ... "Playing our games using more than one account is not prohibited by our policy."  https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/90495_online-chat-with-plarium-s-community-manager--december-21/

xyz
User
14 January, 2018, 4:10 PM UTC

Have you changed your ID  or are you someone else?

It was not my intention to change the topic, but  felt my post was relevant to this topic, if in fact multi-accounts were not allowed.

I  said  I was aware what lots of people do,  and also aware that people have complained on  forum pages about  players multi-accounting, and administrators responses  seemed to indicate that the complaints about multi accounting were legitimate.

I have not actually had an official "Op" statement .

Which is why I said I would be very interested to know what support had responded with.

Though it now seems they would prefer people to use only one account, they have made the benefits of multi-accounting as minimal as they can do to discourage this behaviour. 

Probably because its too problematic, or difficult, or impossible to enforce a one account rule. 

It would be very easy of them to publish somewhere where it would be seen when you start playing the game that

" YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY TOWNS AS YOU WANT " 

make it clear to everyone  that this option is open to all,and you wont be banned for it.

And as for minding my own business.

If there is a problem with the program all one can do here is talk about it,no one here can fix it, only the developers can do anything about it, if they read about it on here, if you haven't contacted support directly.

The original post would suggest that support had been contacted, so other than letting people know you were disgruntled, posting was not going to get you any more assistance.

User
14 January, 2018, 4:54 PM UTC
I have my assistance thank you from CIM, who has been more helpful that you.
xyz
User
15 January, 2018, 1:58 AM UTC
SkadiNjord said:

It wasn't my intention to be helpful on this occasion as I could offer none
xyz
User
15 January, 2018, 2:02 AM UTC

SkadiNjord said:

CIM said:

Go start another account xyz so you got more than a one man clan ... I already told you how support tell me how to start another account AND I also linked you to rules that do not forbid it ...

Indeed well if support are telling you to open another account, then it must be allowed. There are some games on here that do not allow it, but vikings isn't one of them.
I've heard from support since and they have told me the same thing.

Support haven't told me to start another account  as they haven't written to me on the matter of multi accounts. Good for you that they have sanctioned you to  have multi-accounts, and have posted as much here.

xyz
User
15 January, 2018, 2:10 AM UTC

xyz said:

Have you changed your ID  or are you someone else?

It was not my intention to change the topic, but  felt my post was relevant to this topic, if in fact multi-accounts were not allowed.

I  said  I was aware what lots of people do,  and also aware that people have complained on  forum pages about  players multi-accounting, and administrators responses  seemed to indicate that the complaints about multi accounting were legitimate.

I have not actually had an official "Op" statement .

Which is why I said I would be very interested to know what support had responded with.

Though it now seems they would prefer people to use only one account, they have made the benefits of multi-accounting as minimal as they can do to discourage this behaviour. 

Probably because its too problematic, or difficult, or impossible to enforce a one account rule. 

It would be very easy of them to publish somewhere where it would be seen when you start playing the game that

" YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY TOWNS AS YOU WANT " 

make it clear to everyone  that this option is open to all,and you wont be banned for it.

And as for minding my own business.

If there is a problem with the program all one can do here is talk about it,no one here can fix it, only the developers can do anything about it, if they read about it on here, if you haven't contacted support directly.

The original post would suggest that support had been contacted, so other than letting people know you were disgruntled, posting was not going to get you any more assistance.

It is a pity that when I posted the message above ,I did not link it to the person that had prompted me to write it.

Had I done so what had been written might have still been there for all to  read it.

I am assuming the poster removed the message rather than the moderators, the later being the case would be as telling as if the poster had  removed the message  themselves, but perhaps for different reasons

User
16 January, 2018, 7:39 AM UTC

xyz said:

SkadiNjord said:

It wasn't my intention to be helpful on this occasion as I could offer none

If it wasn't your intention to be helpful then do not comment!! I was asking for help.
2335547 users registered; 62543 topics; 329081 post; our newest member:varnavas