Reduction in invader rewards

3 Replies
Khahan
6 December, 2017, 2:27 AM UTC

Since the shaman update I've noticed a distinct reduction in my rewards from attacking and killing invaders.

Before the shaman update I was killing level 5's and by the time my sustained attack bonus got to about 225% or so I'd start regularly seeing blue items drop. By the time i maxed out at 390% I'd see pretty consistent blue with a handful of epic and on killing blows I'd pretty much get blue and purple items.

Now, scale all those back a level or two.  I'm getting usual items sprinkled in when my buff is around 225% and even when I'm killing things with a sustained attack buff of 450% I'm consistently only getting unusual level rewards for my items.

Has anybody else noticed this or am I just in a REALLY long streak of bad luck (we're talkling 50+ kills since shamans first showed up and I've probably gotten about 8 total blue items and 0, yes 0 purple items from the killing blow since the shaman update).

Gems still seem to be dropping at the same level as before. I'm still getting blue and purple with an occasional legendary drop from them. This is just crafting mats that seems to be affected.

Edit: and yes, I've double checked I have my invader gear on and I'm using the attack invaders buff.
UTC +0:00
xyz
6 December, 2017, 2:49 AM UTC

Could be any number of reasons to do with the update , if it is indeed happening and not just bad luck.

I have noticed two things ,

The colouring from the invaders lairs seems to have gone, is this to indicate you are not guaranteed the level it used to show, and caused players to ask why they were not getting the drop corresponding to the colour ?

The boxes dropping no longer tell you what has dropped, they did away with the gem name and then put it back, but it seems to have gone from everything now .

Ok you might not need it for the large items, as they are pretty recognisable , but the colour of the gems is so similar in many cases you can't check what you have got .

UTC +7:00
Man2Hell
6 December, 2017, 6:53 PM UTC

@Khahan

You'r right, I noticed the same.

Worse rewards, especially the invaders materials.

And it's not the first time they reduce the rewards, with the Uber-Update it was the same.

Here you are cheated and ripped off. 

Live with it, or take the consequences.

UTC +5:00
Khahan
7 December, 2017, 12:46 AM UTC

Man2Hell said:

@Khahan

You'r right, I noticed the same.

Worse rewards, especially the invaders materials.

And it's not the first time they reduce the rewards, with the Uber-Update it was the same.

Here you are cheated and ripped off. 

Live with it, or take the consequences.

Simple answer - when I feel its not worthwhile to spend money on energy packs, I'll stop buying them.

Note to self - it no longer feels worthwhile to buy energy packs.
UTC +0:00
1779239 users registered; 48232 topics; 286731 post; our newest member:mako148