defensive equipment

4 Replies
Khahan
2 December, 2017, 3:43 PM UTC

Does defensive equipment work on garrisoned troops after they're garrisoned or not?  I know stuff like construction speed, rss yielding speed etc you need the gear on first. But those processes with a fixed algorithm to determine the speed that get set at the beginning of the process.  But defense doesn't have a process timer to tie the gear boosts into.

So can I send troops out to farm in rss yielding gear then when they are in the tile switch to the lynx set and have those garrisoned troops get the defensive benefits of the set?
UTC +0:00
CIM
2 December, 2017, 4:16 PM UTC
Troops only benefit from capacity or resource speed gear if the TROOPS are with the hero ... anyways the troops that are WITH the hero the get defensive benefits or offensive benefits or any military benefits from the hero's gear ... so if hero is at home then the home troops get that benefit.  If troops are on tile or attacking a town with the hero then those troops get the benefit.  Same applies to many of the bonuses that come from hero SKILLS. 
UTC +1:00
Khahan
2 December, 2017, 4:53 PM UTC
Well that makes collecting some of the gear a lot less useful than I thought it was.   Still nice to have and still useful.  But doesn't work like I imagined.
UTC +0:00
xyz
2 December, 2017, 6:04 PM UTC

Of course  you can  only switch  gear when the hero's in town.

Not sure what goes on if you have hero's double 

However this and a similar post has raised a question.

I have seen no increase in hero's experience when yielding, and I wondered if there should be any.

UTC +7:00
tmc
3 December, 2017, 5:24 PM UTC
xyz said:

Of course  you can  only switch  gear when the hero's in town.

Not sure what goes on if you have hero's double 

However this and a similar post has raised a question.

I have seen no increase in hero's experience when yielding, and I wondered if there should be any.

You do not get hero experience for yielding, training troops and raiding towns that have no troops.
UTC +7:00
1779301 users registered; 48235 topics; 286767 posts; our newest member:Everton raiz