Concerning the Clan Fighting Invader Event I have a question

22 Replies
lorelei2015de
18 November, 2017, 1:32 AM UTC

Concerning the Clan Fighting Invader Event that started Today 18.11.2017

I was fighting an Uber Invader got 600000 points on the Clansmen List but on the Clan Points only 52066 points are registred, how can that be?

It seems to me the game is cheating or has a problem, because this is not the only thing I have observed. On the Clan Influence Increasing Event the No 3 Place was given to the Clan Ne tavo reikalas in the Stengrenord Kingdom,  the Clan had only 1 Member Chif Russian Girl and when I checked the Membership List on that Clan there are 0 members.

I would eppreciate a answer back to my first question and if you want to check the stats out my player name is Lagertha_56

Thank you.

UTC +0:00
SteelTorin
18 November, 2017, 7:11 AM UTC

Can you make a screen? I really can't imagine how it possible, I didn't ever notice something like this on my points list.

UTC +3:00
CIM
18 November, 2017, 9:20 AM UTC
If someone else attacked the invader also while you were attacking it you wouldn't get the full amount because you didn't kill it completely by yourself.  People do this sometimes and well I don't like it when they do, sometimes they think they are even "helping" ... but when I go after an invader I want to kill it myself so as to make most use of sustained attacks.
UTC +1:00
xyz
19 November, 2017, 4:25 AM UTC

CIM said:

If someone else attacked the invader also while you were attacking it you wouldn't get the full amount because you didn't kill it completely by yourself.  People do this sometimes and well I don't like it when they do, sometimes they think they are even "helping" ... but when I go after an invader I want to kill it myself so as to make most use of sustained attacks.

Here I am again....

Are you talking about Ubers ,or all invaders?

I have an interest myself in the wisdom of attacking already weakened invaders.(Is it wise? i.e. cost effective? O.K. its a war game, but is it ethical?)

As to helping out or interfering with your sustained attack, not how sure that works. Sure the invader looses strength,but I don't think it cancels your ongoing bonus. So what do you miss out on?

Ill tell you what is worse though, having the invaders killed by someone else after you put the hard work in,and then not getting the big rewards.  Which is one of the reasons I am not in favour of sustained attack, but appreciate you might not have any other option with Ubers, where unfortunately someone is more likely to help themselves, rather then lend a hand

UTC +7:00
CIM
22 November, 2017, 3:34 AM UTC

Sorry I am just responding ... I have been pretty busy.  OK let me lay out the mechanics of fighting invaders. 

First there are two kind of attacks normal attack and enhanced attack.  Normal attack hits the invader one time and enhanced attack will hit the invader multiple times and that is determined by how much hero energy your hero has and how many hits it takes to kill the invader.  So if you have more energy than needed to kill the invader you will have "left over" energy. 

Next your hero can get bonuses each time you attack the invader within an hour and each time adds 15% bonus.  So second hit is 15% bonus, third hit 30%, fourth hit 45% ... Now that bonus will stop after you have reached your "sustained attack" limit ... that limit can increase through hero skills and knowledge upgrades.  Once you hit the max on how many sustained attacks you can do then only on ubers will you max that out.

The higher the bonus the more damage you do to the invader and the better items you get from them.  So I want to build up my bonus and kill the invader myself.  If someone "joins" in then I won't get so many hits out of my built up bonus that is getting bigger and bigger.  And in ubers once I get to max bonus well I want to finish it off.  Those initial hits to build up your bonus don't do as much damage and you don't get as good of items but they still cost you same amount of energy.  Obviously then your energy is more useful on hits with higher bonus because of having attacked again and again.

Also I pretty much will add energy until I kill an invader ... it's more efficient and well I do buy packs so I do have energy and I ration it to always have some on hand.  I usually want to kill an invader that is at full heath when I start.  Sometimes if it's only been hit once and so is a little down I will attack it IF it is close and there are limited number of invaders of that type around.  When we have daily bonus and there is an invader I am interested in its materials then I usually kill a number of them and so then I am more willing to do one that is between 95% and 100% when I start.  Also the higher level invader you can kill the better (although I heard lvl 3 are not so great and lvl 2 is better than them ... and I heard lvl 5 will give more gems than lvl 6 per energy used ... there are videos of experiments that have been done on the web). 

xyz
22 November, 2017, 2:15 PM UTC

Thanks for finding the time to reply, not everyone revisits posts , or if they do they might not repost.

The age of the Kingdom  as well as the previous experience  of the player will have some bearing on the options  and choices made

I  was very reluctant to attack invaders at all , I had asked about the difference between the two types of attacks, but getting no response I decided to risk  it, and  did my own research. 

Initially, I bought no packs, (the  present availability of energy packs is another interesting topic, but it seems you have little trouble in this respect)

With only had the "free" kind to work with. the only choice is sustained attack, with its inherent drawbacks .

Problems with bugs or lag on march times, even if you remembered  to attack within the hour deadline, poor single item drops, or someone poaching the invader. 

Later after buying an energy pack,I was able to try the enhanced attack, and as a result of increasing knowledge,hero level, and skills against invaders, was able to come up with some interesting theories  regarding my particular circumstances.

I suppose depending on different research and hero  levels and bonuses the results  I found may be different to others. 

I understand that if someone "helping you" takes too much life from the invader  then you might not get up to your maximum bonus ,and this might have a detrimental effect on whatever drops .

I posted elsewhere on the forum to a similar question about  attack on Ubers , and as you have done , someone suggested the Video tutorials of which I  have seen many ,including the link suggested, of an alleged expert , who I have seen suggested is no longer playing. 

Assuming the advice given there was kosher, and not just pertinent to him at the time ,is it still applicable now, and to everyone, at every stage of the game?

It seems to be true sustained attack saves you energy, at least initially ,perhaps superficially, but I think the mathematics of  killing invaders is more complex than that, or  than what the video players tutorial suggested.

I wrote I hoped someone else might  have done more  calculations,and post  the results, but no one has  ..yet....

Unless they were deleted, as undesirable  by someone 

CIM
22 November, 2017, 3:23 PM UTC

It seems to me you are confusing sustained attacks and enhanced attacks.  Maybe you might want to reread what I wrote.  It is never a good idea to use enhanced attack UNLESS you have already reached your bonus limit (amount of sustained attacks you get bonus for). 

And even if I reached my bonus max I want to "spend" that energy on an attack that has that max bonus and not have to start building it up again cuz someone decided to attack an invader I was already attacking.

Also I don't wait inbetween attacks these days ... I just go go go ... because well I have the energy to do it right away.  When I first started though I did wait between attacks and attack lower level invaders so that I could keep adding to my bonus with the attacks and I didn't have enough energy to kill it right away.

CIM
22 November, 2017, 3:34 PM UTC
And by the way ... I have asked many questions in here and still do sometimes ... nothing wrong with wanting to get information about how the game works.  :)
xyz
22 November, 2017, 6:10 PM UTC

Sorry , If I wasn't clear in my previous post, I hope this is better. 

When I first started playing, I vaguely understood the difference between  the two different types of attack, what I didn't know was what consequences of choosing one over the other would be. I think I do now, at least for the present.

Being already aware of the mechanics of the sustained attack, where, subject to a maximum limit, each subsequent attack within 1 hour, gives an added strength bonus of  15%, I skipped that part of your post, as I wasn't confused over the differences at all, 

I should have written  NORMAL attack ,( it isn't sustained until you do the series) 

I know of  the recommendation  "don't use the enhanced attack", but having used both methods ,for my circumstances, my findings would  seem to prove otherwise.

I get poorer drops  from a series of attacks i.e. sustained attack, than I do for enhanced attack with enough energy for the complete kill

I know sustained attack appears you save on energy,but does  it?

That is why I need someone more accomplished to do the mathematics of it .

Though not a complete success, the forum has been more productive than asking questions in game play

From your latest post and your previous post, I get the impression that you think the attack bonus is affected (reduced) by someone else attacking the same invader as you, which I don't believe is the case.I

CIM
23 November, 2017, 12:37 AM UTC

OK ... my chief has done experiments using both regular attack and sustained attack (and I have also on lower level invaders but he has on higher level ones).  You use less energy to kill an invader if you use regular attack (which than increases bonus each time) than if you use enhanced attack, which would make sense since the amount of damage you do depends on how fast the invader is killed.  The more damage you do the less amount of hits you have to make which then means you used less energy for the kill.  Also you get better bonuses because towards the end your hits do much more damage and the quality of the "drop" depends some on the amount of damage you do.

Next question ... if I do 20 attacks (which uses same amount of energy no matter what) ... it is better to do 20 attacks with each increasing in bonus ... if someone "help" and I don't get to use all those attacks on one invader and then have to go to another invader well then I have to start over at first attack no bonus and start building up bonus again.

Let me see if I can make this applicable in another way ... say first attack you get 1 cent ... next attack it doubles ... and then doubles again each consecutive attack on ONE INVADER.  And you got energy for 20 attacks ... are you going to have more cents if you get to use all that energy on one invader or if someone "helps" you on the first invader and you only can use 10 attacks there and now have to start over again on another invader?  Yes I know it's not exact comparison ... cuz actually it's more like second attack you get plus 15% damage, third attack plus 30% damage, fourth attack plus 45% damage.  (This does not take into account that some hits may be critical ... but critical hits do more damage when you have higher attack bonus.)
Khahan
23 November, 2017, 2:13 AM UTC

CIM said:

And even if I reached my bonus max I want to "spend" that energy on an attack that has that max bonus and not have to start building it up again cuz someone decided to attack an invader I was already attacking.

Somebody else attacking the invader does not reset your bonus.  Running multiple accounts that are not linked in anyway I've seen this personally. Each 15% bonus is based only on how many attacks you've made without letting an hour go by.  The only resets are waiting more than an hour and you yourself switching to a new invader (note, if you have your bonus up and switch to a new invader it will tell you on the first attack that you get the bonus - you dont).

Although I did not realize you got better rewards for doing more damage so that is definitely good to know. 
UTC +0:00
CIM
23 November, 2017, 2:16 AM UTC
I realize that someone else attacking the invader does not reset my bonus ... but it does take away health from the invader and therefore I can make less hits with built up bonus and building up bonus ... 
xyz
23 November, 2017, 3:55 AM UTC

Thanks again,

As I mentioned before, I can only say what I found with my research and for my level of progress in the game, which I know is lower than yours.

I found that as my hero gained experience  I needed a  lesser  number of attacks to kill an invader and the total  number of items dropped also went down.

Now, even though I hate to do a series of  single attacks, without good  energy packs there is scant other option, so I have plenty of evidence as to what happens. 

I kill the invader with a small number of hits,even before the attack bonus is maxed out ,the drops from the single hits are mainly rubbish items.     

The total number of items dropping is less than the amount from an enhanced  attack kill.

Yes I have used less energy with the series of attacks but have got rubbish with very few useful items like gems or invader materials so this is why I think the mathematics of the situation is more complex.

I appreciate your effort in posting ,and that what happens for you and your chief is not the same as what I find, hence my confusion 

ADDENDUM:

I also find that critical hits reduce the amount of energy I  used, but again I get even less items when these happen

CIM
23 November, 2017, 4:27 AM UTC

OK ... now we are getting someplace, since I can now more understand where you are coming from ... yes the higher your bonus the less hits you make and therefore the less drops PER INVADER ... however not necessarily less drops PER ENERGY ... and well energy tends to be what is limited and costs money ... so I rather maximize my drops per energy than per invader.  :) 

Now I haven't found that drops are better when doing enhanced instead of single (except of course it takes more hits in enhanced than single so yes more drops).  I do have an account that I can use to experiment with this on invader level 1 since it has pretty good knowledge and equipment to allow it to get a good amount of "free" energy for me to experiment and see what happens as far as quality of items when doing enhanced or single attacks.  Of course that would take sometime to get enough data to really get a good idea what is going on. 
xyz
23 November, 2017, 10:18 PM UTC

It does,   I have oodles of it.. its the sort of thing I do. 

I wouldn't say my knowledge is very advanced, my Hero skills not that exceptional, the equipment pretty basic with only one piece  directly of use against invaders,and that is only of medium quality,( which I forged accidentally).

So it might not be quite a comparable experiment. However it might still be provide useful information to go forward with.

Its great t hat I got my point across, and that there actually is more than one way of looking at a particular situation ,and then being able to make a more informed  decision on what to do , rather than just following advice or the tutorial, and finding you went to Palace 6 when it told you to, and now cant have a novice relocation.

CIM
24 November, 2017, 3:47 AM UTC
What level invaders do you usually attack?  The lower level invaders do not really give much greater stuff for having greater sustained attack bonus where as the higher level invaders do ... because you can get where you have over 500% sustained attack bonus.
xyz
24 November, 2017, 12:35 PM UTC

I only have the technology for level 1 ..

Good or bad, there are decisions I have made behind the choice  not to proceed past this  level right now.

But  your posting, again shows the player shouldn't blindly do what either the tutorials say, someone else tells them to do,or  what the You tube videos tell you is the best thing to do, they may not be personally applicable,also  the game updates  and changes , so recommendations can be "old news ".

I recall  the expert saying as soon as the lion appears " I am going to kill as many as I can, they are the best " now other invaders seem to be more in favour.

Addendum:

I see you already answered  this post, in the time it has taken me to revisit the experts youtube video.

I did notice that he was using Normal single attacks,(sustained) so there was no data on enhanced attack.

He also says material ,does he mean Invaders material  or all material?

He was  level 21  palace, with presumably  good other technology/knowledge /skills too ,seeing as he was killing level 6 invaders .

So as I mentioned in the other connected post, his findings are based on his level of progress and his distribution of skills at that time. with potentially irrelevant information to others with lower progress in the game 

Which brings me to what else I was going to add here.

We recently won K.v.K. so had "gold of the gods " and I spent money on rearranging my Hero skills to see how quickly I could harvest  gold.

I also took the opportunity to rearrange my invaders skills such that I could increase "Total Energy" ,the advantage here being that during non playing times (sleeping) you can increase the amount of "free energy" significantly past the  1000 maximum where it would normally have shut down.

This redistribution of skills also meant it took me more hits to kill the invaders again, and I increased the total number of items dropping, which might suggest you shouldn't be so eager to spend your skills. 

CIM
24 November, 2017, 1:03 PM UTC
I am going to pm you concerning this ... I have been killing some level ones and have some results for single hits with sustained attack ... I really rather not do enhanced attack BECAUSE I do not believe it is best ... so maybe we can compare my results with yours ...
CIM
24 November, 2017, 1:32 PM UTC
And if you only have lvl 1 invader unlocked well than you do not have access to much of the invader knowledge ... and you probably can't go kill an invader immediately with your enhanced attack from the energy you can store up in game for free ... and seems then you really do not have much experience to base your intuition on (I'm pretty sure you haven't carried out any thorough experiments).  But again I will contact you by pm to give you data on what I am now documenting.
xyz
24 November, 2017, 2:01 PM UTC

CIM said:

And if you only have lvl 1 invader unlocked well than you do not have access to much of the invader knowledge ... and you probably can't go kill an invader immediately with your enhanced attack from the energy you can store up in game for free ... and seems then you really do not have much experience to base your intuition on (I'm pretty sure you haven't carried out any thorough experiments).  But again I will contact you by pm to give you data on what I am now documenting.

I see you are doubting me, which is understandable given my suspected lacking of experience .

I have mentioned  my findings might only apply to my circumstances ,and that is part of my point.

When a skilled player gives out advice to a more novice player, that players skills my not be relevant to the novice , especially if the  skilful player has forgotten what happens at the novice level.  

Elsewhere a player has forgotten the requirements for playing C.V.C

Anyway, I have been playing  the present  account since June , I  had been playing in another Kingdom where some of my achievements were greater

In this account My hero is 51.

I can kill level 1 invaders with enhanced attack, it takes a maximum of 14  hits, sometimes slightly fewer dependant on the in game reduction of 10% and always if I use the 20% energy reduction boost, or much fewer if I get the critical hits , where, as I stated the total items dropping is also significantly less.

I also found that it appears you get less items dropping if the invaders lair is Silver, as it used to appear to happen if it contained Gold ( which it no longer does)

I fully  understand  your reluctance to waste energy on killing level 1 invaders with enhanced attack.

I am presently unaware of how the pm system works

1779164 users registered; 48229 topics; 286694 posts; our newest member:dubravkocosic