loss of food during offline time

17 Replies
matzwell
17 October, 2017, 6:06 PM UTC

I've first noticed this problem on 1st Oct., already sent a support ticket for 3 times, but the problem still exists...!

I loose food during my offline time again and again...

following basics:

- I was always shielded during monitoring time and I'm still shielded

- I had always an active VIP-status

- I haven't changed my location

I've attached two screenshots from today...

- screenshot 1: straight before log out on 17th Oct. 2017, 05:15:57 (hh:mm:ss)

• 17,167,099 of food on stock
  • overproduction of 63,430 per hour

- screenshot 2: straight after log in on 17th Oct. 2017, 19:37:17 (hh:mm:ss)

• 15,640,101 of food on stock
  • overproduction of 67,724

so I've lost 1,526,998 of food in about 14hours 22min and should have earned something around 890k in this time...

so we are talking about a sum of about 2,36M of food disappearing during my offline time...!!!

is it really not possible to save this issue???

regards

UTC +0:00
xyz
18 October, 2017, 12:50 AM UTC
Your troops consume food , even when you are not playing
UTC +7:00
matzwell
18 October, 2017, 3:21 AM UTC

i know that...but that should already be included in the "production per hour"...so if my troops have a greater consumption of food than i produce in my city, the number in "production per hour" would be red and should have a minus sign in front...

if i have an overproduction it should definitely be more food on stock after 14 hours offline time...

xyz
18 October, 2017, 9:07 PM UTC

Sorry, but it was late at night and that seemed the simple explanation.

The mathematics is probably too difficult for me, and now I notice, that your screenshots , which I had noticed were quite small, are not in English, which adds another layer of difficulty to the situation .

If there is a problem, you ought to be able to see the same thing happening when you are on line. as it wouldn't seem logical  that it only happens when you are off line. 

Is it possible that  over night, your food production shuts down because you have reached  vault capacity, so  you don't actually make as much as you think?

SteelTorin
19 October, 2017, 2:16 PM UTC

I see that you production equal you consume. Did it happen during 1 night?

UTC +3:00
matzwell
19 October, 2017, 2:29 PM UTC

hey!

no, the problem does not exist during online time...when I am online i can see the food on stock gets more and more...!

no...i haven't reached the vault capacity...the problem exists when i have let's say 14M of on stock and it exists when I have just 600k on stock...it does not matter how much of food I have on stock when I log out!

yesterday I've sent the 4th support ticket...we will see what happens...!

example from 18th Oct.2017:

log off on 18th Oct. at 05:22:39: 15,815,988 food on stock (statistics says overproduction of 64,978 per hour)

log in on 18th Oct. at 19:36:28: 13,992,143 food on stock (statistics says overproduction of 64,978 per hour)

summary: lost 1,82M in ca. 14 hours, should have earned around 910k = loss of 2,73M food

regards

matzwell

matzwell
19 October, 2017, 2:40 PM UTC

SteelTorin said:

I see that you production equal you consume. Did it happen during 1 night?

no, it happened during daytime from around 5:15 AM to 19:37 PM, right...I've written all the data in my 1st post...!

and no...my production is NOT equal to my consumption...

production: + 1,079,165

consumption: - 1,015,735

difference: + 63,430

this was at the time i logged out...when I logged in the overproduction was higher because I finished an upgrade during offline time)
esourcekn
9 November, 2017, 8:22 PM UTC

Did you find a solution to this or is it still happening?

I'm seeing something similar. I make over 600k food an hour (excess after troops). when online my food increases at the 600k rate. I was just offline for over 3 hours. Came back and only had 300k food total.  I've noticed this happen a few times over the past few days.
UTC +4:00
Corgi_Viking
9 November, 2017, 8:46 PM UTC
esourcekn said:

Did you find a solution to this or is it still happening?

I'm seeing something similar. I make over 600k food an hour (excess after troops). when online my food increases at the 600k rate. I was just offline for over 3 hours. Came back and only had 300k food total.  I've noticed this happen a few times over the past few days.
Make screens if it possible and send to support or at least post here. Maybe we'll find solution
UTC +3:00
CIM
10 November, 2017, 3:05 PM UTC
Interesting ... I'm going to do some checks concerning this and see if I experience the problem ... I usually leave my game running even when I'm sleeping so I haven't noticed any problem like this.
UTC +1:00
CIM
10 November, 2017, 3:44 PM UTC
First you had reached your capacity ... your capacity is in the 8M and you have over 17M and then 15M ... so you aren't "producing" and you should not expect for your food to go up ... now to figure out why your amount of food went down.
CIM
10 November, 2017, 3:48 PM UTC
Which I am assuming you did something to make your food level go down ... but with the screen shots you posted your account would not have been making food during those 14 hours because you already reached capacity of your farms (not your vault as someone had mentioned) ...
xyz
10 November, 2017, 7:25 PM UTC

I think you must mean me. 

I believe I was correct in saying you reach a point where you stop producing goods.

It has been a  while since I did any upgrading, so was relying on memory when I posted, so have just re read the text for farms and vaults. 

I think farm capacity is how much it can make,rather than how much can be stored at the farm

As far as I can ascertain, the two  things are inexorably linked anyway,as you cannot get away with not building the vault, which is where the production of food, iron, stone and wood go ,there is no transfer procedure that the player has to perform,so it seems to me that you might be splitting hairs to correct me when I wrote vault capacity rather than farm capacity.

I appreciate that in the context of protecting assets from raiders, vault capacity has another meaning

CIM
10 November, 2017, 7:47 PM UTC

Vault capacity limits and food production farms capacity are two different things ... vault capacity is how much your town will keep of food if your town is attacked and resources are taken ... farm capacity is how much your town can produce before it STOPS PRODUCTION ... two totally different things and so I am not "splitting hairs" ... :)

The person who posted screen shots his vault capacity was 1M ... his capacity farm buildings was in the 8M WHICH IS HOW MUCH it can hold before the town stops PRODUCING ... production per hour is how much the town produces after consumption is taken into account which from his screen shots his was 64k in one and 67k in the other  ... :)
xyz
10 November, 2017, 10:59 PM UTC

CIM said:

Vault capacity limits and food production farms capacity are two different things ... vault capacity is how much your town will keep of food if your town is attacked and resources are taken ... farm capacity is how much your town can produce before it STOPS PRODUCTION ... two totally different things and so I am not "splitting hairs" ... :)

The person who posted screen shots his vault capacity was 1M ... his capacity farm buildings was in the 8M WHICH IS HOW MUCH it can hold before the town stops PRODUCING ... production per hour is how much the town produces after consumption is taken into account which from his screen shots his was 64k in one and 67k in the other  ... :)

The last line of my last message  agrees with you says that "in the context of protecting resources from raiders" then  the Vault  Capacity does have a different meaning.

However I am not convinced of your other argument.

If the resource stayed at the farm, mine, quarry or manor ,you would have to perform some action in order to move it to the vault,which you don't,so it must automatically go there, so it can never get full , i.e. reach capacity,and the only time this cant happen, is if you don't have a vault at all, so I don't believe that the farm capacity is the  capacity of the building known as farm.

Though of course I could be completely mistaken, and think there's possibly some confusion because of a miss translation from the language it was first written in.

Addendum:

I am testing something which should prove you are right.

I am of the opinion that is either a bad translation, or is confusingly worded, since the vault is in the town, and you don't have to perform any action to move things to the vault.

CIM
13 November, 2017, 12:11 AM UTC
If you look at any resource production place in your town it shows resource (farm) production and resource (farm) capacity ... as you upgrade these resource production places these numbers go up.  They equal how much that farm can produce per hour and how much that farm can "hold" before it stops production.  It's a virtual game and well so all things don't necessarily correspond to physical realities ... so the food isn't "real" and the farm isn't "real" and the vault isn't "real" and the food is actually just a number (lol) ... HOWEVER in the game ... it works like I explained above AND the vault only has to do with how much food/resource will remain if your town gets raided. 
xyz
13 November, 2017, 12:14 PM UTC

CIM said:

If you look at any resource production place in your town it shows resource (farm) production and resource (farm) capacity ... as you upgrade these resource production places these numbers go up.  They equal how much that farm can produce per hour and how much that farm can "hold" before it stops production.  It's a virtual game and well so all things don't necessarily correspond to physical realities ... so the food isn't "real" and the farm isn't "real" and the vault isn't "real" and the food is actually just a number (lol) ... HOWEVER in the game ... it works like I explained above AND the vault only has to do with how much food/resource will remain if your town gets raided. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding:

I was aware that some mechanics shut down production of resources ,even if I got the logistics wrong .

I realise the game is all virtual , and isn't  required to reflect reality.

As I believe happens in some games, no action has to be performed by the player, to move resources from one place to another,its seems the resource is in its production location, and the vault at the same time.

I still think the in game explanation is poor, and maybe that's why the original poster of this topic also had problems in understanding why there was a food shortage.

Something, regularly visible, could show the production area is full,and not operating .

The statistics page,(seldom looked at???) shows production rate as if production its running,when in fact it is not.

Addendum:

Rereading this entire topic, I see a second player encountered the same problem of disappearing food.

Also someone who gives the semblance of being some official representative of the company running the game seemed, not to spot the solution 

CIM
13 November, 2017, 3:32 PM UTC

Yes ... a lot of things in game are not extremely clear ... :) ... and this particular "thing" has been and can be confusing ... it does work though as I explained it ... and yea would be nice to have some kind of indicator that a resource production has stopped because of reaching capacity ... although for us who know well we don't really need it but that isn't everyone and yea would be easy nice "help" ...

And I did checks and found no problem ... so second person maybe had same problem ... and yea CORGI_VIKING (I think not payed but more like me ... I could be wrong here) ... he didn't spot it ... I didn't even spot if first thing until my first "test" showed that I had no production when my game closed but then I saw I was over capacity and looked at the original poster's screen shots and saw he/she was also ... :)
1754814 users registered; 45556 topics; 278800 posts; our newest member:ghtab10