All Categories

Things you should know...

Search
Aug 16, 2017, 05:1108/16/17

but found out the hard way!  A newbie's trip through Vikings CoW

1)The Clan you  joined will be gutted, changed, or fall apart...

By politic's or by game mechanic's.  In  Mine, the leader of the clan, taught me a bit and was the reason I stayed in the game for more then a few minutes.  Game was "nerf'd" in a way that rewarded Biggie's in a Clan Of Biggie's.   Clan lost half it's member's and here I am now without the leader and mentor I thought would be great way to start up.  

TL:DR Newbie's have no access to the players with the most know how. Ok maybe minimal access. 

2) No Tile Hits...  but not really.

Kingdom Rule No Tile hits allowed.  Whats that mean?  Well you cannot attack or be attacked at rss.  Sweet, away I go gathering to help me build up.   Really my response was "whats rss?" but i'll get to that later.   Yep, you guessed it!  Clan Vs Clan event popped up, me new and unaware what that even is,  tile hit at lvl 6.  Crippled my army I've been working on.  80% losses.   Not happy but it was my error.

TL:DR  Kingdom/Clan rules are not always THE Rule.  Follow up make sure you get the whole story.

3) cvc kvk kvkr rss WTF?!?!

cvc - Clan Vs Clan -  watch out for exceptions to the 'rule'

kvk - Kingdom Vs Kingdom - same

kvkr - ??  no idea yet what the r is for

rss - resource supply stash

sh - Clan Stronghold

More to come I'm sure.......................

Canti

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 16, 2017, 05:3208/16/17

4) The Navigator 

I just found out how to use it something else that was never really explained .  Very useful, I was scrolling around the map to find rss to farm and clicking on them to see the number of resources.  Even posting "good" sites in clan chat...  yep that bad.   Its 3rd from the left on the 2nd tab of the middle interface.
Aug 16, 2017, 08:5608/16/17
03/02/17

Hi there!

Find a good clan! Every clansmate should help each other. It's elementary. When I started to play, and several mentors helped me. Note, a game allows to find gold without payment. 

Aug 16, 2017, 18:5808/16/17

I did.  Joined a very helpful clan...  But the patch change how rewards work for high lvl players and 1/2 of those people left the clan.   I'm not bashing or angry at them, they are just playing the game given to them.  

This issue is tottally the dev's fault IMHO.  Teiring rewards so that higher end players are discouraged from being in a clan with new players.  While I'm sure it looked good on paper, it only hurts new players cause those clan will no longer accept them.  

There are a ton of lvl 1 city's on the map, obviously there is a issue with new player retention.   Putting in this system will only increase that loss rate.  I concider myself an avid gamer and also worked on several development teams.  Isolation of new players from vets only leads to the stagnation of the game.  

New player development and retention needs to the main goal of every MMO on the market.   Look at Star Wars Galaxies:  Devs almost solely made content for vetran players, game died.   Now looks at ones like Eve Online: They have an entire team solely dedicated to the "New Player Experience".  FYI eve online is 20+ years old and still attracting new players.

TL:DR  Patch has increased divide between new and old player's, IMHO not a good thing.

Aug 17, 2017, 09:0308/17/17
03/03/17

Hello. I think, last update was awesome. Free gold. I'm not a high lvl player, but I have good clan. We send rss to each other. Yes, my developing is not so fast but we have a protector which helps us. Some strong clans take noobies.

Aug 17, 2017, 09:0808/17/17
Aug 17, 2017, 09:13(edited)
03/02/17

I think it depends on the people you meet here.

Jul 11, 2019, 22:0707/11/19
07/11/19
How does a Beginner find a good Clan?
Aug 8, 2019, 13:4808/08/19
Aug 8, 2019, 13:49(edited)
02/01/19

All the clans are falling apart. And keep falling apart. And an average level player cant get into a good clan. 

This game really needs to be overhauled.

Condense the Kingdoms by getting rid of dead towns and inactive clans.

Every other Kingdom is nothing but blight with one Bully clan and one or two very weak clans with less than 50 members and half of those members arent active or are farms for the elders and chief.

Im having a real hard time finding a good clan.

On top of that it takes forever to move to another Kingdom after half the active members leave the   Kingdom because it sucks so bad.

Overhaul the Kingdoms already!