Hate within a name

4 Replies
Mee
User
13 September, 2018, 4:07 PM UTC

There is an extremely hateful phrase or word that some groups use as a credo or general handshake greeting. Examples could be "heil hitler' or "black power". As I am generally acceptable of other people's cultures, I am yet offended by someone's player name, is there anything that plarium can do about it?

The player is clear to those, that he THINKS will listen to him, declare his bigotry and hatred towards people unlike him. I have now seen it on two of his alt towns as he is extremely uncreative to come up with new ones (shocker, right?). 

Anyway, lemme know if this is grounds to submit a ticket to get his name change or ban him entirely... Honestly (without screenshots) this dude deserves to be removed from communicating with anyone in real life for preaching hate.

UTC +7:00
User
13 September, 2018, 4:46 PM UTC

I would look at this from the forum rules,

Comments deemed unacceptable include those that:

1. threaten violence in any capacity that is not related to the game.

2. contain personal attacks, inappropriate language, disorderly conduct.

3. diminish the dignity of other players, groups of people or minority communities (implicitly or explicitly).

4. are racist or promote ethnic or national hatred.

5. contain a negative opinion on religion or religious figures.

I would think that this would apply to the game also. If the players name would break any of the forum rules above then I would talk to the player first to tell them your issue. If that doesn't work then  raise a ticket.

UTC +1:00
Mee
User
13 September, 2018, 6:07 PM UTC

Yeah... It's subjective.

I suppose there's nothing against the rules if it's in a name :/
User
13 September, 2018, 8:14 PM UTC

I used to know some people who used to say provocative/offensive things just to get a reaction from other people. 

Then they would have a go at the people they offended saying they shouldn't be so easily offended knowing fine well they had insulted them and just wanted to wind people up and start arguments.

It was very childish, especially as they could not take being wound up or argued with in return. 

In the end I just ignored them. It didn't fix the issue but it didn't bother me any more.

UTC +1:00
Mee
User
17 September, 2018, 9:29 PM UTC

It doesn't offend me personally. Honestly, I feel sorry for the person that feels this way and the trauma they must have endured at some point in their life to feel, display, and preach such close-minded hatred.

I also pity the person whose ears and eyes this speech falls on, and they take it to heart, whether with offense or understanding. It's like watching a bully beat on a disadvantaged person and not being able to do anything about it. 

Peace and love y'all! :D
3218092 users registered; 66802 topics; 348938 posts; our newest member:Natsus