All Categories

Scheduled maintenance timing

Search
Dec 8, 2018, 06:4912/08/18
04/27/17

Hows about scheduling maintenance for either before or after major comps? Seriously what are you trying to achieve by doing it during comps? More than half the time it ends up creating new bugs which then require maintenance again not long after and perhaps one more thing, hows about thorough testing before implementing stuff so you don't create more bugs which once again require more maintenance?
Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 8, 2018, 14:2112/08/18
Dec 8, 2018, 14:25(edited)
09/03/18
Knight said:

Hows about scheduling maintenance for either before or after major comps? Seriously what are you trying to achieve by doing it during comps? More than half the time it ends up creating new bugs which then require maintenance again not long after and perhaps one more thing, hows about thorough testing before implementing stuff so you don't create more bugs which once again require more maintenance?
I think the term "Scheduled Maintenance" is a bit of a misnomer. Maintenance is done when it needs doing. Every time I've seen maintenance getting done in the game it's been a tactical response to some malfunction that's making the game unplayable. It's not realistic to expect improvements or enhancements to be done in a game like this without some minor hiccups. It's not Pac-Man. It's accessible on an impressive array of very different technological devices and connects thousands of people across the world in real time! That means there's thousands of factors that could affect its functionality once it is in consumers' hands. Many of the errors that have occurred lately didn't even affect everyone and were unlikely to even be detectable until each new 'patch' was delivered to the masses. It's just not possible to cover everything with 'testing' unless you sincerely want to wait months or even years for every improvement. I recommend you try being grateful that developers are willing to share these new features while they are still new and smooth out any issues that arise in a timely manner. Instead of making everyone who is experiencing maintenance-worthy glitches sit in limbo while the competitions are active, they take ten minutes here or there as needed to actually keep people in the game AND they almost always pay you for that time with a very generous gift! Seriously.. why are so many people complaining because the techs are doing their job? 😣
Dec 9, 2018, 01:4912/09/18
04/27/17
I think you may have misread some of what I posted. Not saying I'm ungrateful but as I said there seems to be a lot of these "Scheduled Maintenance" drop outs at the beginning of comps and a lot of times these result in new bugs coming along. The last one ended up with many players I know seeing towns without shields in Jot but when they port over to attack they get a message to say the town is shielded and there was also a lot of people having to restart the game every few minutes, the game seemed to be running ok before that "scheduled maintenance", game seems to be running ok now after we had another one again. All I ask is for this to be better timed please and tested appropriately.
Dec 9, 2018, 14:2912/09/18
Dec 9, 2018, 14:32(edited)
09/03/18
Actually, I think you misunderstood me. What I was getting at is that the "scheduled" part of the maintenance doesn't seem to be up to Plarium. The maintenance occurs most often in response to errors. The beginning of the big events is usually accompanied by maintenance because the events seem to prompt these these errors to reveal themselves. In short, if there was a way to prevent these errors that require Maintenance ahead of time so all major events ran smoothly from start to finish, don't you'd think they'd already be doing it?
Dec 10, 2018, 06:2212/10/18
04/27/17

I'd like to believe so but seeing some of the responses they send to people who report an issue, I'm not so sure.

Dec 13, 2018, 13:1612/13/18
Dec 13, 2018, 13:20(edited)
09/03/18

Knight said:

I'd like to believe so but seeing some of the responses they send to people who report an issue, I'm not so sure.

Interesting. Do you mind me asking which responses you're referring to?

This latest "scheduled" maintenance is costing me an offense boost and a 75% yield boost as well as 5 Uber tiles. I understand the frustration. However, I noticed a lot of people getting kicked offline so again, I'm pretty sure this is not as much scheduled as it is an urgent response to technical issues.
Dec 15, 2018, 00:4412/15/18
04/27/17
Read the facebook pages for comments.. Let's not call this "Scheduled" then perhaps when it isn't? There is legit Scheduled maintenance that takes place time and time again and it does happen at beginning of comps at times which then sometimes gets followed by other maintenance and if you don't want to believe it then you're in a fairy land sorry. This thread is suggestions and I made a suggestion, if people are happy to keep getting kicked out whilst in middle of comps then so be it what can I say. Lets not improve aspects of game