What about Russian holidays ?

7 Replies
User
20 November, 2018, 10:04 AM UTC
American holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving) Plarium sees as worldwide thing ? I think that Russian players are dominant here and they don't have 1 in the game.
UTC +0:00
User
20 November, 2018, 12:55 PM UTC

That's why they dont need them.

I have some sympathy for you ,as you are right, most of the special items are not universal.

However it might just be not knowing about other cultures and what they do,and do not celebrate.

Someone suggested poppies for the 11.11.2018, but it was overlooked, perhaps they didnt understand the reason for the request.

EDIT.

Segregated servers could solve multiple problems.

Kingdoms could be geared to nationality and custom .

No culture clashes.

No need for  hogging of the game.

No need for an in game translator.

User
20 November, 2018, 7:31 PM UTC
WDYWTNTF said:

That's why they dont need them.

I have some sympathy for you ,as you are right, most of the special items are not universal.

However it might just be not knowing about other cultures and what they do,and do not celebrate.

Someone suggested poppies for the 11.11.2018, but it was overlooked, perhaps they didnt understand the reason for the request.

EDIT.

Segregated servers could solve multiple problems.

Kingdoms could be geared to nationality and custom .

No culture clashes.

No need for  hogging of the game.

No need for an in game translator.

Culture clashes are ok thing, I have some friends that are not within my culture and it would suck to have it different. Just seems so weird we are under thanksgiving treatmant... I mean what the rest of the world has to do with that ? I don't need to know when is that holiday nor Halloween. I have American friends but I don't need to be American myself, that's all.
User
21 November, 2018, 12:44 AM UTC

We do not know what instructions the programmers are given.or if they have free rein over promoting holidays, nor their nationality.

If they are American they would naturally be biased to their holidays,and may not even be aware that only they celebrate Thanksgiving and only celebrating their festivities might cause offense.

User
22 November, 2018, 12:02 PM UTC
Which Russian Holiday do you recommend? What symbol should be used for the Ubers to represent that holiday? :)
MizBiz
UTC +5:00
User
24 November, 2018, 11:30 AM UTC
Ask Russians, I am not one.
User
26 November, 2018, 9:17 PM UTC
Bread and vodka invader needed. 
User
27 November, 2018, 4:11 AM UTC
John said:

Bread and vodka invader needed. 
Wonderful idea! Which holiday though? This question is a must-answer, methinks.
MizBiz
UTC +5:00
3158633 users registered; 74889 topics; 363467 posts; our newest member:Rich