All Categories

Server merges

Server merges

Search
Nov 19, 2018, 06:4211/19/18
05/08/15

Server merges

At some point the number of servers will need to be reduced and older ones cleared of inactive players as well as refreshing servers by mixing them up a little  my suggestion if this is being paid attention to would be to first bring server vs server battles and eventually server merges where the server that lost the merger server vs server event is then merged into the winning server
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 19, 2018, 14:1111/19/18
Nov 19, 2018, 14:14(edited)
06/21/17

Pardon my ingnorance if I  am wrong with is , but isnt KvK  already server versus server?

First, I do not think your idea of forced merger by the loss of just one battle would go down too well with players.

If they shut down too many servers and got rid of all the inactive players there might not be enough clans to accomodate the clans battles.

Many inactive towns  still produce a useful source of resources.

If you want a fighting kingdom you might be better playing a game where there is no interaction between (servers?) those that are playing the same game but in another reality.

Even if you found a game like this, you would find the same kind of decline in player numbers as you do here.

Eventually players realise  that attacking clans in your own kingdom makes it harder to win the KvK battles.

Players have been asking for mergers for a long time,they came up with Drakkars instead.

Presently having lots of servers seems to suit Plarium.

Even if they halved the number of servers it wouldnt necessarily drastically change things.

The game and players of the game have a shelf life,and it wouldnt take long for the need to halve them again and so on.

You may be a new player, its certainly your first post on the forum though this doesnt confirm the former.

If you were to investigate any kindom, including  your own,you would find out that the majority of players who start the game,stop playing very soon afterwards.

Nov 19, 2018, 21:3211/19/18
05/08/15
Actually I've seen this idea work many times in a few different games, perhaps the way I'm explaining it makes it hard to understand but the merger thing is an idea I saw implemented in final fantasy and evony and the idea isnt meant to be a frequent event thing but one to be implemented into the way older servers where things are going stale and where more and more players are going inactive, clearing a few inactive cities wasn't the main focus so that part wasn't important but just simply an idea, the main focus is say you have a server with only 20 active players and a server with 30, you merge those servers and all of a sudden things are a bit more fresh and you have a more active server
Nov 20, 2018, 07:3011/20/18
01/11/17

Dear Jarls,

We are determined to make the game better, so we'll definitely consider your suggestions, and our developers will decide which of them to implement. Feel free to write us if you have any other ideas or suggestions. 

We wish you a good play and glorious victories!

Nov 20, 2018, 16:3611/20/18
10/27/17
+1 and make a ranking of kingdoms