All Categories

Tribute

Tribute

Search
Nov 17, 2018, 16:5011/17/18
04/28/18

Tribute

I and others would like to see the ability to send "tribute" to other Yarls, gifts of gems, materials or items that have been created but are not useful to the Yarl who make them. It would also be of service to a clan in making treaties with other clans.
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 17, 2018, 23:3711/17/18
11/30/17
whatever you choose to call it,its sending gifts, and it would be  open to obuse
Nov 21, 2018, 12:4411/21/18
04/28/18
Any rule is open to abuse, this opens the diplomatic side of the game up and allows clan members to help each other with something more then resourses.
Nov 21, 2018, 15:0011/21/18
Nov 21, 2018, 15:02(edited)
11/30/17

Just because any rule is open to abuse, is not sufficient excuse to open another to be abused.

In any case having gifts is not a rule, it would be an option that would be available.

At some point  the deveolpment team must have thought about something they called "gifts".

We can only guess what this meant, as it is not a feature of the game .

If it is what players hope it might be, and even if it is not, they decided not to implement it,and probadly had,still have good reasons for not doing so.

I believe that those that ask for the ability to pass on items of stock to other players is for self  interest, and not for benevolence,nor gratitude .

Being able to pass on items would  be a shortcut in the game, and in the case of invader material, reduce the need to buy energy packs, and I cant see Plarium thinking that was a good idea.

Here's the obvious explanation to we made it, we dont need it any more.

Heroes experience equipment, its no longer needed after you get to level 60 ,so you pass it on, and so on, ad finitum.

Second objection,bullying, if you dont give me your legendary "X"  I will .......

Nov 22, 2018, 12:1311/22/18
09/03/18
ANYONE - I agree with your reasoning for vying against the act of 'gifting' as it was presented. It would likely serve those who seek to exploit loopholes and manipulate the game far more than those who would use that feature as intended. I'm just curious.. quite a few apps employ a "one item per day" policy for gift exchange between players. If that sort of limitation could be used, would you feel differently? 
Nov 22, 2018, 15:3011/22/18
Nov 22, 2018, 15:38(edited)
11/30/17

I do not know about any of those other apps, so I cant say if those games are equivalent to this one.

I can say that limiting the gift to one per day would not eliminate the second objection, and only slow down the first, it would take 6 days instead of a few mintutes to pass on a fulll set of equipment.

Here is another example of subterfuge in the OP, and similar like it .

Its not  true  to say that unused items, nor items created are no longer useful.

First materials and gems are always likely to be of use.

Second # though somewhat wasteful, forged items can be dismantled.

#forged items are used for special and Shaman equipment later in the game.

#passing on forged items saves both time and silver used in making them.

It smells like many posts do of, lack of patience, low boredom threshold, I want it all now,and I just realised I need alts,new clan members, and I know how long it to took me to get here,so lets speed things up,lets find,make a loophole to exploit.

Nov 24, 2018, 07:5011/24/18
04/28/18
ANYONE, It is sasd that you are that jaded or greedy that you can't or won't see the joy in helping out another Jarl in the game with items that you no longer want or need. I feel you come closer to the point with your statement that it might cut back on the profits of those who run the game, even though it would open up more avenues of enjoyment by adding another level to the game. You sound like the child sho has more candy then they can eat but would keep a poorer child from having some as it makes their abundance seem less. I am sad you feel that way, it shows allot about the way people are being brought up today, the he who has the most wins mentality, greed is NOT good in my opinion. Read your Dante's Inferno, Greed is onne of the seven deadly sins.
Nov 24, 2018, 16:4111/24/18
11/30/17

Thanks for the free analysis Woodstock.

I think you need to go back for a refresher course.

Assuming it would do as you suggest,why do you need another level of enjoyment,isnt there enough already?

The diplomatic side of the game already exists,you can already make treaties if you so want, and doesnt need the assistance of the joy,if that were really the case,of being able to gift other items.

You have acknowleged the cut back in company profits aspect.

Are you too blind to see, or do you already know the outcome if gifting were introduced.

The greed in the game is already manifest, perhaps you should get others more needy to read Dante, and also brush up on their diplomacy and truthfulness.

Nov 24, 2018, 17:4211/24/18
04/28/18
I have been checking out your stats and your point of view becomes more understandable when I see you are a child of the seventies, the "Me" generation that feels that they should get everything and everyone else should go without. I was brought up to believe that people should help each other whenever possible and to gve is devine. I am sorry if you don't understand the added aspects that gifting would open in the game, you only seem locked into the negative aspects and that is a sad view to have. I will continue to help any and all who need it in any way I can.
Nov 25, 2018, 00:4511/25/18
11/30/17

All that glisters is not gold.

I think you may be hoist on your own petard.

You also got the quote wrong,  its to FORgive is divine.

I perfectly understand what gifting will bring to the game, and your argument,without any real explanation,has not convinced me otherwise.

You can carry on helping  as you see fit, but it wont be the form of gifts for the time being.

Nov 26, 2018, 21:2211/26/18
09/11/18
Gifting materials would skew Things off tremendously as older players sits on alot of extra materials they wouldnt need. Its not impossible though, there is a myriad of options to limit it. 
Nov 28, 2018, 01:0011/28/18
Nov 28, 2018, 01:01(edited)
09/03/18
Any 'gifting' feature for any materials or gems & alike would require strict limitations which would ultimately be complained about just as much as this absence of a gift option. However... An option to share generic things like 8 hour Shields, relocation items, fast marches, etc... Could probably be completely unlimited and allowed to be abused to no end and still have very little consequence on the game. Those things don't really affect a player's growth or power, and would more likely serve what could actually be called a "need" if they were ever requested by a clan mate. 
Nov 28, 2018, 02:0711/28/18
01/31/18
There is no need for that, most of those things you can get from the clan store,and I am pretty sure it would be abused if it was introduced.
Dec 8, 2018, 14:5612/08/18
09/03/18

KROW said:

There is no need for that, most of those things you can get from the clan store,and I am pretty sure it would be abused if it was introduced.

The clan store isn't free. There's literally no way to abuse those items that would have any negative effect on gameplay since none of them contribute to a person's stats and all are single use items. If you've ever needed a clan mate to relocate and they say "got fifteen minutes left on this March before I can move", you'd understand the 'need for that'.  Or.. remember the second week after your kingdom opened? Your new clan's really filling up and everyone's eager to start working together... But they're scattered across the map, half without relocations, half without shields... Therein lies the NEED.  

Basically.. I disagree with your vapid negation of my idea, but I've already stated my reasoning... What's yours?