Purge delete or remove all towns that have been inactive for over 52 weeks and free up space

11 Replies
User
29 August, 2018, 7:07 PM UTC

Please can Plarium purge/delete/remove all towns that have been inactive for over 52 weeks and free up space?

There are too many dead towns of various levels, most of them are level 1 or 2 but there are a lot of towns taking up space for no reason. Some produce rss that people can get if they hit the town but most have been burned down before the player left. Some kingdoms are now mostly full of these inactive dead towns.

Ideally the game would be down for maintenance for a day or two. in that time all these dead towns could be removed.

After the maintenance all players would be given enough drakars to relocate to a new kingdom. Then everyone would be told that they had to move to kingdoms 1 through to 100 and kingdoms 101 and above would be removed. This would free up space on the game servers too.

Ideally I would go as far as to say purge towns that have been inactive for 26 weeks or more. 

UTC +1:00
User
29 August, 2018, 8:56 PM UTC
i have asked for lvl 1-2 cities to be removed until im blue in the face but to no avail, i think they are left there so the kingdom shows as full if someone tries to jump there,
UTC +0:00
User
5 September, 2018, 4:06 AM UTC
Like you, I have complained about the level 1 towns.  Obviously they are players that tried the game for a couple of hours then quit and never returned.  These cities are over 1 year old without a return.  Just get rid of them.  All they are is obstacles while you play. 
UTC +7:00
xyz
User
7 September, 2018, 3:08 AM UTC

Title of headline post has spelling mistake,  active instead of inactive. 

There are over 700 KINGDOMS , don't know if you could fit everyone into 100 , but I think it would screw  up the Kingdom battles somewhat, and I don't think too many players would be happy with a forced move.  

Those  already in 1-100 would suffer no disruption from having to move.

What about all the present complaints about, crowded and overcrowded Strongholds?.

Most advocate getting rid of the inactives to clear up the clutter as  the player above does, so the idea to clear up the inactives to clear space and then fill it with other players from the rest of the kingdoms is pretty contradictory. 

What does it achieve?

How do you envisage  the new Kingdoms would be played if this occured?

UTC +7:00
User
7 September, 2018, 9:52 AM UTC

Sorry for the typo in the title, it's the only thing you can't edit after the topic goes up.

The idea of deleting towns and replacing them with active ones is so players can interact with all the towns on the map not just 5-7% of them. If you remove towns and leave the space empty then why remove the town at all?

To overcome crowded strongholds  the developers could randomize the level if each red on the map so you don't have to be near the forest for high level red.

Also the kingdom's are 500x1000, the developers could make them larger.

The kingdoms would be played in the same way. If you look at the topics about changing the kvk challenges those suggestions could be used too.

The whole idea of all of this is to get as many Jarls playing as possible and a kingdom full of active towns to keep you interested.
CIM
User
7 September, 2018, 1:05 PM UTC
It would be good if any town level 5 or less that hasn't been played for say 6 months and hasn't spend any money on packs be removed from game. 
User
8 September, 2018, 12:10 PM UTC
Quick thanks to admin for amending the post title. 😁
Kud
User
8 September, 2018, 11:50 PM UTC

i think what would be nice to do is, every town inactive for "xx" weeks/months become invisible and if the player comeback to the game the town become visible again.

UTC +2:00
User
12 September, 2018, 3:41 AM UTC

Could there be a delete account button?

That way when the account was deleted the town would be deleted too.

After pushing delete account there would be the usual 

"Are you sure you want to delete your account?" and 

"Are you absolutely sure as your town will be deleted along with your progress?"

messages so you couldn't accidemtly select it.

User
14 September, 2018, 12:36 AM UTC
I have been playng Plarium games for years.  Ever since Total Domination first showed up.  They will never remove the inactive accounts.  I think they like to show it for marketing purposes.  See we have 1 million players or some such thing.  Even if 99% of them are long gone.  What I would like to do is just move all the old accounts to one part of the map that no one else takes.  That way they can keep the numbers up for their ad revenue and active players might actually be able to play with other active players.  I am not holding my breath though.  I have suggested this since Total Domination came out and was new.
UTC +0:00
User
14 September, 2018, 6:07 AM UTC

I guess they could create a phantom kingdom called Hades and send all the inactive towns there. 

Hades would be infinitely big and once a town was sent there it would be unable to return (unless the Jarl paid Charon to bring it back) but would still be registered for stats.
User
22 September, 2018, 3:30 PM UTC
Yes please!
UTC +4:00
3116768 users registered; 66765 topics; 349006 posts; our newest member:arthik