slow response times from browser on PC

1 Reply
lonmabonjovi
User
22 December, 2017, 8:57 PM UTC

I have a 12ms ping to plarium.com, but any action I take in the game takes at least a second to complete. I have just about had it, my response times are so slow it's almost impossible to hit anyone who isn't afk. Things I've tried:

Firefox and the Edge browser. I'll use lynx if I can get it to work! Is there a browser that works better than others?

Turning off all effects made no noticeable difference, and my computer should be more than adequate to run something this simple with everything turned on. (AMD FX 8320 processor, AMD Radeon R9 200 video card, 16 GB RAM, SSD) This game is the only thing that doesn't run perfectly on my system, and unfortunately for me I fell in love with it.

I'm looking for any advice I can get to reduce my latency. Has anyone had similar problems?

UTC +0:00
lonmabonjovi
User
22 December, 2017, 11:40 PM UTC
I closed a bunch of tabs and cleared the history of the chrome browser my wife uses, and it cut my response times in half. I might be sleeping in the shed tonight, but it will be worth it. I have no idea why that would slow Firefox down, but it seems to have worked.
UTC +0:00
1820422 users registered; 53208 topics; 297194 posts; our newest member:Castle 11237150