All Categories

Invader Hunt and Invaders opinions please

Search
Dec 9, 2017, 15:1912/09/17
06/21/17

They are currently running the second invader hunt.

Here's what they announced 30th November:

Brave Jarl, a new personal Competition is coming — the Invader Hunt! Seize this unique opportunity — fight each of the 13 Invaders and be famed as the great savior of the North! 

So I posed a question there , but if it was read, it went unanswered .

Here's  what I wrote:

However   there's either a typing error or they just announced something under the radar, there are a total of 16 invaders if my count is correct.    

Two of  them, the Barbarian and Centurion, have already been consigned top the  backwaters, has a third joined them there ?

It says fight the 13 invaders during the hunt, which 13   ??????????

I haven't been noting what has been on so far, but after the list updated yesterday, saw something unfamiliar under invaders, nothing was on the global map so couldn't check there to see what it was.

The internet  solved that, it was the Centurion, I thought great, till watching the video I'd just  discovered  about them, which said "Centurions gear is rubbish don't get it " .. 

Lots of players seem to use it .   So is it rubbish or not ?

Have I wasted clan points trying to get it ?

Would have tired killing one last night if it had been on the map. If  it's worth doing, might have had time to kill a few more with free energy today, but there s not a lot of time left now.

Looking for more information on the forum saw a link Dated 5th December called Centurion  Review, which I thought quite telling, subsequently I found its part of a collection of them, so perhaps not as significant as I first thought, however  it is the most viewed  so far

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 11, 2017, 08:2512/11/17
03/13/17

I can't say that centurion it's a rubbish but I don't advise you collect it like main gear. It's a nice gear for farmer's event's (revenge or collecting rss, for example).

I think that it rather better at first I advise you make main gear for war, experience, training, build and knowledge, silver ( maybe scouting if you're a spy).

Such gear like invader gear, rss gear, OS, etc gears I think should make in the second part. 

Dec 11, 2017, 12:4012/11/17
06/21/17

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As to if I will be able to get any more Centurion gear, it will depend on whether or not  they decide to put Centurion  back on again. 

I know I initially  wanted Centurion gear for resource yielding speed, march speed, and gold yielding, but none  are as  important now as they were, especially the gold yielding,  which is still slow even with  Hero's skills geared to it. 

Getting any gear is a problem, getting specific gear, more so, because you have to wait for the invader to appear, and then you have to be lucky with what drops, and still wait ages  to collect enough pieces to craft anything decent enough to use.

I know about the  more useful items now,but not initially  and my choice was then influenced by things I had read , and it may not have been the best advice.

This  is why I asked for opinions, seeing as it was the first time I had the chance to attack one, and get  gear that way.I wondered if it was a waste of time and energy to do so.

Dec 12, 2017, 08:0112/12/17
02/06/17

I partially agree with torin. Such gear in depends on your account and targets in the game. For example, guardian gear gives you nice bonuses to attack invaders, but if you invaders knowledge bad, such gear will be useless for you (because of small bonuses, with full knowledge % bonuses will be rather better).

In another side, we've not seen centurion more than 1 year, this fact adds this invader more value (because of a deficit). What about me, I don't plan to collect full centurion gear, me target it's a special gear, and it's not profit for me spend my energy for this.