Dying Kingdoms, loosing interest

8 Replies
Dan
5 December, 2017, 6:57 AM UTC

I'm not sure if I post this here or not and I know the topic has been brought up a few time but perhaps if discussion continues someone may take note.

The game is getting stale and boring from all the people leaving, there are numerous dead towns, Clans numbers a decreasing due to merging, KVK battles are getting boring when your in a dead kingdom, lack of challenge in kingdowm etc etc.

I've given up buying packs anymore as I can't see any future in my kingdom, I'm not going to start again in a new kingdowm as I can't be bothered having to start again and build myself up to where I am now so as our kingdom dies I see myself joining the train leaving for good. The argument about only being in own kingdom 2 days a week is irrelevant as when you are there is nothing to do but farm, KVK becomes pointless if you have come across a kingdom with more active players so you don't bother.

I'd like to do battle against numerous clans in my kingdom not see a handful of big clans, where is the challenge? Discussion dies so the social aspect disappears, I mean I could keep going on about all the negative crap but what will it achieve? Some are against Kingdom mergers but we need something done here to keep the game interesting surely. I'm not asking to move a big clan into a new kingdom so it can dominate among newer less powerful ones, what I'd like to see is one kingdom that is dying merged with another kingdom in the same position and similar strength to make it fair. Dead towns and inactive players need to disappear, this is a no brainer. People are destroying everything and dismissing troops when they leave so there is nothing to gain from hitting them, there's no fun in hitting towns that still have buildings to score easy rss.

Please make the game interesting again. Once people leave it's normally for good, most can't be bothered starting from scratch again just to be part of a thriving kingdom once more. If you can leave a kingdom when your below level 5 then why can't you do it when above?

Anyhow I've had my vent and don't care about the people that disagree with me as they are either part of a active kingdom or don't like being challenged and like everything easy.

UTC +10:00
xyz
5 December, 2017, 12:09 PM UTC

I'm not sure that merging kingdoms is the answer ,its probably the consequence of the mechanics of the game  and the lives of the people that play

I used to play another game and players where asking for much the same thing ,merge. 

The owners said it couldn't be done,  but eventually they either found a way, or they just decided to implement it, as they knew it could be done.

Anyway, most, if not all of  the new " kingdoms" that were around when they merged all the older ones died too, as have others that have sprung up since.

They still keep generating new ones though.

The first "kingdom " is still there, and a few others ,  there's probably a few die hard players still playing the game , but how many  of the rest of the accounts are owned by its first player?

I think the size of the clan should be limited so there's less chance of a few or one dominating, and your  right if everyone is under  the misnamed "peace treaty "  , then its not a fighting game anymore.. its a farming game.

However wasn't it always a farming game and the fighting just an illusion?

UTC +7:00
jbjstones
5 December, 2017, 3:40 PM UTC

Yes - this is a hybrid game -- the idea as I see  it  is to farm under a shield until you grow large enough.... so much better than fighting from level 5  and getting smacked by big players......    then when large enough you go up against other players ready to fight

as to the initial post of a dead kingdom -- the poster even knew the answer - "yeah, I should move"  but  would rather Plarium move other folks to me instead through a merge....   seems a silly stance if you like playing castle games -- you build, and build again if conditions go against you... always look for the active clan,  always.......
UTC +0:00
schepenspeter
5 December, 2017, 5:19 PM UTC
I have a black screen
xyz
5 December, 2017, 9:19 PM UTC

jbjstones said:

as to the initial post of a dead kingdom -- the poster even knew the answer - "yeah, I should move"  but  would rather Plarium move other folks to me instead through a merge....   seems a silly stance if you like playing castle games -- you build, and build again if conditions go against you... always look for the active clan,  always.......

The only problem with that is :

This is not a free game, he may have spent lots of money on it  and once bitten twice shy.

Why move and start again when you are going to find yourself cash short and in exactly the same position not too far down the line? 

Khahan
6 December, 2017, 1:43 AM UTC

Any town level 1-5 that has gone 10+ weeks without any activity gets deleted.  That's 2 1/2 months which should be plenty.

Will free up hundreds of spots in each realm

xyz
6 December, 2017, 2:34 AM UTC

That wouldn't necessarily help, they would have to put new players in, and why should new players have to face a lot of established players? 

Besides I think you will find that if they have paid for something and not used it ,they wouldn't be legally able to delete the account

Khahan
7 December, 2017, 8:13 PM UTC

xyz said:

That wouldn't necessarily help, they would have to put new players in, and why should new players have to face a lot of established players? 

Besides I think you will find that if they have paid for something and not used it ,they wouldn't be legally able to delete the account

It would help because it would free up space in each realm.  And yes new players will have to face established players. It happens in every realm and in cvc/kvk.

As for deleting the account, they can easily tag the account has having purchased something and if the town is deleted and player comes back, they can reimburse that player in his new town.

The only other answer is to let realms keep dying which will eventually kill off the game.  Or possibly allow realm transfers.
xyz
7 December, 2017, 10:03 PM UTC

Khahan said:

xyz said:

It would help because it would free up space in each realm.  And yes new players will have to face established players. It happens in every realm and in cvc/kvk.

As for deleting the account, they can easily tag the account has having purchased something and if the town is deleted and player comes back, they can reimburse that player in his new town.

The only other answer is to let realms keep dying which will eventually kill off the game.  Or possibly allow realm transfers.

If they could do it , yes there would be free space for new players , but how much free space already exists?

When a new kingdom opens, I suspect it is somewhat fairer because most of the players will be novice players , or at least starting out from a similar  stand point.

There  are safeguards  for weaker players during  battles, there are restrictions on attacking low palace levels, and those not actually in a clan.

I'm not sure how you could recompense players  if the account has been deleted and they wish to resume playing.

My experience of playing another game  where mergers eventually occurred is, that  it wasn't very successful, though I have read some people have suggested otherwise.

I believe that this kind of game has an inherent  dead end and that's why they decline .

There is a mad scramble to be the top dog  and as quickly as possible, its difficult  to challenge the experienced players especially for the late arrivals, and with this being a game where you can pay for success,  its  a no win for those that pay less, or impossible for those that don't pay at all to progress very far.

Those that have  progressed quickly through skill or paying then soon get bored  when the challenges are no longer there, so they complain, or so they leave as well. 

Changing things mid game has a profound effect, especially if they cancel elements of the game , and you haven't finished  that element  like they did with Centurions  and Barbarians , or if they have done , as has been intimated, making the current invaders  drop less goods than before.

It doesn't effect the advanced player adversely to do this  , but it does the slower player. 

1781221 users registered; 48445 topics; 287490 posts; our newest member:shaynekelly