All Categories

General Recommendation to enhance gameplay

Search
Jul 25, 2017, 22:4907/25/17
05/24/17

Hi all,

This is not going to be a post about complaining about this or that. I enjoy this game in its current state.  However, I do think there is room for enhancement to encourage more exciting elements to the game.

I am sure this isn't the first time nor will it be the last time that you will hear this. The shield mechanic is broken.  OK, its not broken but, it does add a non fun factor to the game. I feel like I am playing farmville most of the time. There isn't much to do in between my long building timers. Spending hours hoping to find someone worth attacking who forgets to refresh there shield is also not fun.. I do not know the best way to fix this in a balanced way but, some kind of cool-down timer as mentioned before does seem reasonable. Currently there is no counter play when your attacked. The attacker can launch an attack, shield immediately and even teleport to the other side of the map all in an instant. The fun factor in that is pretty low. A cool-down would add a sense of consequence to the attacker and open up some ability for counter play. The current state of the game is 99% of the players are permanently shielded in a game revolving around war. Where is the war? Where is the action? 

This is just the beginning of an idea to enhance game-play. This may not be the best way. Maybe its not even possible to implement at this point. However, what I would like to see is the possibility of more exciting player vs player elements added into the game to keep us busy in between long timers etc.

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: I HAVE ADDED MY SECOND POST HERE AS WELL BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT READING THE WHOLE THREAD -

I would like to elaborate further because I have thought awhile on this issue. I'd not only like to suggest a change but I'd like to offer solutions.

I spoke about the shield mechanic, Id like to suggest a cool - down timer when you break the shield for any reason (attacking). This will open up risk vs reward potential, counter play and a strategy element. The game heavily favors an attacker at the moment because there is no consequence. Attack and immediately shielding is not a fun mechanic.

To further this point I think there should be cool downs on march speed ups and relocates for the same reason. In the current state the watch tower is useless and again there is no strategy or consequences because you can send a full march, shield immediately and speed up your march to attack an opponent on the other side of the map in seconds. Again, no strategy, no risk, no counter - play. Same thing with relocates you can teleport around at will and attack someone from right beside them and teleport away.

These changes would add a lot of strategy elements and risk. It would give defenders a chance to defend or rally there clan mates to defend them. Also the attacker leaves themseleves open to counter attacks. This means the attackers clan may have to also step in to help if needed. There is time to make these plans because marches are not instant anymore. The watchtower is relevant again. Also the attacker depending on what is happening my very well choose to recall his troops because the situation has changed. Much more planning and team work involved.

It may also be reasonable that if you have lost a defense that you would be granted a free 8h shield.

I understand a few things from Plarium's perspective on this. Plarium wants people using these kinds of items frequently so they must re-buy them and improve the income for the company. I understand this because you need to make money to keep the game going. However, this change would increase the amount of fighting going on and the amount of resources used and players would spend money to replenish and stay competitive. This change appeals to the active players who play the game the most. These players are the players that spend the most. For example, I had spent $100 a week at times but now I have not spent anything in 3 weeks because I feel like there is nothing to do and no reason to. Id happily start spending to have some constant action going on.

The farmers can happily stay shielded permanently if they wish. as the cool-down will apply once the shield is forced off for an attack for example. This will allow people to shield when going on vacation as well. To protect the lower levels some restrictions should apply to anyone a set number of levels lower than the attacker.

These elements are game changing and could break the balance of the game tremendously. What I could suggest is a "test realm" that players can copy their city to and play under these test conditions to work out bugs and see if they would even work. The developers can judge the communities response to this change and decide if its worth implementing further.

I know its a large post but, I hope these points would be considered seriously. I think the game has great potential and I want to see it succeed for a long time to come.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 26, 2017, 06:5907/26/17
Jul 26, 2017, 07:00(edited)
03/03/17

Nice idea. If I want war, I usually hit on rss. This the way for me.

Jul 26, 2017, 13:3807/26/17
03/13/17

This idea is rather good. Perfection is unlimited

Jul 26, 2017, 19:0907/26/17
05/24/17

I would like to elaborate further because I have thought awhile on this issue. I'd not only like to suggest a change but I'd like to offer solutions.

I spoke about the shield mechanic, Id like to suggest a cool - down timer when you break the shield for any reason (attacking). This will open up risk vs reward potential, counter play and a strategy element. The game heavily favors an attacker at the moment because there is no consequence. Attack and immediately shielding is not a fun mechanic.

To further this point I think there should be cool downs on march speed ups and relocates for the same reason. In the current state the watch tower is useless and again there is no strategy or consequences because you can send a full march, shield immediately and speed up your march to attack an opponent on the other side of the map in seconds. Again, no strategy, no risk, no counter - play. Same thing with relocates you can teleport around at will and attack someone from right beside them and teleport away.

These changes would add a lot of strategy elements and risk. It would give defenders a chance to defend or rally there clan mates to defend them. Also the attacker leaves themseleves open to counter attacks. This means the attackers clan may have to also step in to help if needed. There is time to make these plans because marches are not instant anymore. The watchtower is relevant again. Also the attacker depending on what is happening my very well choose to recall his troops because the situation has changed. Much more planning and team work involved.

It may also be reasonable that if you have lost a defense that you would be granted a free 8h shield.

I understand a few things from Plarium's perspective on this. Plarium wants people using these kinds of items frequently so they must re-buy them and improve the income for the company. I understand this because you need to make money to keep the game going. However, this change would increase the amount of fighting going on and the amount of resources used and players would spend money to replenish and stay competitive. This change appeals to the active players who play the game the most. These players are the players that spend the most. For example, I had spent $100 a week at times but now I have not spent anything in 3 weeks because I feel like there is nothing to do and no reason to. Id happily start spending to have some constant action going on.

The farmers can happily stay shielded permanently if they wish. as the cool-down will apply once the shield is forced off for an attack for example. This will allow people to shield when going on vacation as well. To protect the lower levels some restrictions should apply to anyone a set number of levels lower than the attacker.

These elements are game changing and could break the balance of the game tremendously. What I could suggest is a "test realm" that players can copy their city to and play under these test conditions to work out bugs and see if they would even work. The developers can judge the communities response to this change and decide if its worth implementing further.

I know its a large post but, I hope these points would be considered seriously. I think the game has great potential and I want to see it succeed for a long time to come.

Jul 26, 2017, 21:3807/26/17
Jul 26, 2017, 22:12(edited)
the only changes i see this making is low level players 20 and below continues to be gutted of all their resources and never being able to advance in this game...if we cant stay shields its useless one attack or repeated attack from the same person higher level than us and we have no chance all our resources are gutted and all our troops dead ...if anything they need to put a limit on the number of RSS and troops that can be killed IE 1 person attacks me 10 times , there shouldnt be any effects on attack 2-10 because after the 1st one all they are doing is draining me of resources that i cant stop and im stuck farming over and over to be able to build again ....if ever cause the same person attacks again the next day. With out the constant shield i would of already left the game cause it is unfair in balance ....a lv 30 can attack a lv 10 and gut them of everything  there needs to be attack brackets that make it where a lv 30 cant get anything from a person lower that day 5 levels below them , id personally set up a 5 level bracket , 1-5 6-10, 11-15 16-20 ect and make it where its worthless to attack outside your bracket. im about the quit this game but not because of the shielding but because of the constant allowing of relocations to attack entire clan hives, its garbage , you shouldnt not be able to  relocate that much period once a month if that or make it soooo expensive no one can use it as a full time stratagy
Jul 26, 2017, 22:1507/26/17
Jul 26, 2017, 22:23(edited)
05/24/17

Zoey did you read my entire post? I will quote parts of my post which address your concerns:

1. "The farmers can happily stay shielded permanently if they wish. as the cool-down will apply once the shield is forced off for an attack for example. This will allow people to shield when going on vacation as well. To protect the lower levels some restrictions should apply to anyone a set number of levels lower than the attacker."

2. "To further this point I think there should be cool downs on march speed ups and relocates for the same reason. In the current state the watch tower is useless and again there is no strategy or consequences because you can send a full march, shield immediately and speed up your march to attack an opponent on the other side of the map in seconds. Again, no strategy, no risk, no counter - play. Same thing with relocates you can teleport around at will and attack someone from right beside them and teleport away."

3. "It may also be reasonable that if you have lost a defense that you would be granted a free 8h shield."

The first point would allow the people that want to just farm and build to do so.  Also, addresses restrictions on how low of a level you can attack. 

The second point addresses the relocates as you mentioned.

The third point would stop people from zeroing you out after a failed defense so you do not get zeroed non stop and have a chance to recoup.

Jul 26, 2017, 22:5607/26/17
03/01/17
Chad & Zoey I understand you frustration, but the people doing the attacking your trying to stop are the ones spending large amounts of money. I have a former clan mate that has several hundred relocates from pack's. The one thing that I would recommend is that a new shield could not be put up until the attacking garrison has returned to the town. That would give the defender an opportunity to attack back.
Jul 27, 2017, 00:1607/27/17
Jul 27, 2017, 00:20(edited)
05/24/17

I am not frustrated (I am one of those spenders with 100's of relocates and march boosts and months worth of shields at my disposal). I'm OK with the system in place, however I am bored with the lack of action and the constant shielding 24/7. The game is fine as is but of course everything can always be improved.

I understand that active attackers are the ones who spend the money.  I am not trying to restrict attacking im trying to PROMOTE more of it and add elements of counter play somehow. It would increase the intensity of the game. I do not know all the answers how to do it but I have offered some ideas which can be worked upon. I dislike the shield mostly because it turns a war game into farmville, i think it could be changed.  

Even something as you suggested, requiring your attacking garrison to return to town before allowing a shield to go up. That is something small and easy to implement without changing game balance very much. It's a good place to start. However, it doesn't address the fact that there just simply isn't many targets at any given time. Your best bet is to count on your opponent forgetting to shield(or refreshing it) and it dropping accidentally

Jul 27, 2017, 15:3507/27/17
03/01/17
My guess is they put in the guard payoff to increase the amount of attacks. So you will know when to hit.
Jul 27, 2017, 19:3007/27/17
05/24/17
guard payoff is next to useless because people refresh there shield and it wont tell you if the shield drops because that person attacked or other reasons.