New players given overpowered gear

8 Replies
User
29 November, 2018, 3:43 AM UTC

My entire clan is really upset at learning that new players who start accounts now are offered packs that include King of North gear allowing a player to level to 20 for free. One of our players did this exact thing, spending exactly $19.99. It took hundreds of dollars of packs, gold, and boosters to do the exact same thing for those of us that have been playing for months. This violates the terms of service for Google Play, iTunes, and Facebook apps, what does Plarium plan to do about it?

UTC +0:00
User
30 November, 2018, 1:56 AM UTC
This is infuriating. 
MizBiz
UTC +5:00
User
30 November, 2018, 3:59 AM UTC

Well the picture was very informative, and then I  read the other posts about deveolpments.

The whole thing is both interesting and telling.

Presumably  if what has been written is true,then they are hoping to get new customers  by giving them a fast start  and hoping they will  then join the herd.

I have to agree with you Eleria but isnt it something we have come to expect.

New update scramble to get it,

New update makes last one obsolete.

Rinse and repeat

User
1 December, 2018, 11:44 AM UTC

WDYWTNTF said:

Well the picture was very informative, and then I  read the other posts about deveolpments.

The whole thing is both interesting and telling.

Presumably  if what has been written is true,then they are hoping to get new customers  by giving them a fast start  and hoping they will  then join the herd.

I have to agree with you Eleria but isnt it something we have come to expect.

Rinse and repeat

Nice! I think you just detailed the first chapter of the next unofficial beginner's guide, and I've got the disclaimer... 

'Being conditioned by the POC to lower our expectations regarding the game's fairness and functionality doesn't make it okay. "Getting used to it" is just a nice way of saying we're collectively developing Stockholm's syndrome.' 

We can just add that part at the end with tiny print in a mix of a few different languages courtesy of Google since players can't translate text in the game anyway. XD

MizBiz
UTC +5:00
User
3 December, 2018, 2:11 PM UTC
Vandari said:

My entire clan is really upset at learning that new players who start accounts now are offered packs that include King of North gear allowing a player to level to 20 for free. One of our players did this exact thing, spending exactly $19.99. It took hundreds of dollars of packs, gold, and boosters to do the exact same thing for those of us that have been playing for months. This violates the terms of service for Google Play, iTunes, and Facebook apps, what does Plarium plan to do about it?

I have never seen that gear can it be only got from gold packs or can you craft it in the forge.
UTC +7:00
User
4 December, 2018, 3:04 AM UTC

According to the post and several others,people starting a new account, on some promotional deal, from some source/device, get a fast start from special gear from a special pack that they are offered.

So the answer to your question would seem to be, no  you ,we cant acquire it.

User
5 December, 2018, 6:37 AM UTC

WDYWTNTF said:

According to the post and several others,people starting a new account, on some promotional deal, from some source/device, get a fast start from special gear from a special pack that they are offered.

So the answer to your question would seem to be, no  you ,we cant acquire it.

I have never seen equipment in packs before and the fact that you can't make it in the forge makes it even more unfair, I have just completed my yielding set after killing a hell of a lot of centurions and now I see some new armour with twice the yielding stats and I can't even make it, at least with the kings gear you have to be king of jotunheim to get a piece but the fact that only new player's get offered this new king of the north gear is absurd. 

User
15 December, 2018, 9:28 AM UTC
I started a new account and got offered this gear, this isn't even the strongest one, there's a piece of gear for each item slot and the next one is double the strength of the last one. it ends up amounting to at least a couple days worth of free speed ups. I only got the first two items and I manged to get my town and all its buildings to level 21 in about half an hour and I only spent something like £12 to get there. 
-Lu Fengxian-
User
15 December, 2018, 8:20 PM UTC
Lu Fengxian said:

I started a new account and got offered this gear, this isn't even the strongest one, there's a piece of gear for each item slot and the next one is double the strength of the last one. it ends up amounting to at least a couple days worth of free speed ups. I only got the first two items and I manged to get my town and all its buildings to level 21 in about half an hour and I only spent something like £12 to get there. 
Can you post screenshots of the gear I would be interested to see what it looks like and what the stats are for other things like rss yielding speed etc
3206295 users registered; 75246 topics; 364178 posts; our newest member:Rotofez