All Categories

Pointless question

Pointless question

Search
Nov 21, 2018, 14:2411/21/18
06/21/17

Pointless question

I am sure something like this has happened to many, if not all players.

Its something I've pondered a while thought of asking before, and have have been prompted to ask it today.  

Why do players target the invader that you have,rather than a new one, when an identical invader is in close proximity?

Devilment? Logical?  Illogical? Coincidence ?Other?

I suppose the player that did this should be asked the question, but even if you were aware who it was, they may not answer, they may not answer truthfully.

I am already aware that the game doesnt flag that someone is attacking the same invader that you are, and only know if you are watching the global map and see  the footprints, so if you are doing something off the global map you would be unaware  of the event.

I suppose like all aspects of the game it depends on individual circumstances at the time . Unless ..

Is there any efficiency basis for doing this that I am missing?

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 21, 2018, 14:4011/21/18
09/03/18
The final hit on an invader gives more loot (in quantity only) than previous attacks, so if someone is running low on energy it's possible that attacking one with low health is tempting. However, I don't think it is actually more efficient than building up a sustained attack if you are able, since that is what usually yields higher grade material. Perhaps the person(s) giving you trouble don't know that or are targeting you just to ruin your day. You are right to think that messaging them would give you the best answer here. Stealing the final hit is a low blow, I don't recommend it unless you're looking for a good way to pick a fight with someone. Having an invader stolen after you've put most of the work in sucks and I hope you can figured out why it's happening to you.
Nov 21, 2018, 21:3711/21/18
09/22/17

I only notice it happen on level 1 Invaders, and the reason is obvious to me. Login in a couple times a day and finish off any lower energy Invaders for the (minimal) rewards as stated above.

It's pissed me off enough that I trace the tracks back to the perpetrator and blast whatever troops of his are around... Even clanmates, with a personal message why.
Nov 21, 2018, 23:1511/21/18
06/21/17

It was no where near the final hit , which is why I think it is more of a mystery. 

I can see how taking the final hit is likely to be more annoying, but as I  mentioned before, how would you know that you were doing it. unless you had been constantly observing events?

Nov 21, 2018, 23:2011/21/18
Nov 21, 2018, 23:21(edited)
06/21/17

ryang said:

I only notice it happen on level 1 Invaders, and the reason is obvious to me. Login in a couple times a day and finish off any lower energy Invaders for the (minimal) rewards as stated above.

It's pissed me off enough that I trace the tracks back to the perpetrator and blast whatever troops of his are around... Even clanmates, with a personal message why.

Thats another mystery.

Why would (does) an advanced player go all the way across the kingdom to do that? Especially as you are supposed to get more for your money from higher levels, and given the complaints about the booty from Loki's chest,  it wouldnt seem worth the effort and marching time,when you can use the eneregy closer by on a L6.