Defense boost question

Defense boost question

Search
Nov 14, 2018, 00:5811/14/18
09/26/18

Defense boost question

1 Hour Reduced Enemy Offense %20

In the description "Activate the item before starting an attack."

If it is reduced enemy offense, doesn't that mean it's used for defense? So if I use 1 Hour Increased Defense %20 and reduced enemy offense %20, do the two stack? How does reduced enemy offense come into play? When the enemy attacks you, right?

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 14, 2018, 01:0511/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 01:19(edited)
02/21/18

You have to start the boosts before you leave town.

If you are attacking a player.it reduces their skills, if you are attacking a tile, and hoping to get hit,the same thing applies.

Nov 14, 2018, 01:1711/14/18
09/26/18

Ya so if I go to attack a player's town, his defense comes into play right? Not offense? It would make sense if I was to be attacked and I reduced his offense by 20%. So what I'm saying is if I have buff that increase my defense by %20 and then I reduce enemy offense %20, are the two going to work when my town gets attacked? 

So if I use reduced enemy offense when I attack a player their offense against me is less?
Nov 14, 2018, 01:2211/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 01:25(edited)
02/21/18

I believe you can have multiple different  boosts running at the same time, and so can your opponent, if you try stacking the same boost you just get a longer period and if you add a stronger one of the same  the weaker one gets cancelled. 

Any skills you have come into play when a battle occurs.

Unless you want your town to be attacked you are going to shielded.

Nov 14, 2018, 06:1111/14/18
04/07/17

Whether you are the attacker or the defender your troop has offensive, defensive and health statistics and all 3 come into the calculation no matter whether your town is the attacker or the defender.  So just because your town is the attacker that does not mean that your defensive statistics are not counted and just because the other town is the defender that does not mean that their offensive statistics are not counted. 

Now there are statistics that you can gain in the Oracle that are only counted if you attack or if you defend ... under military ...

Just used when attacking are:

Troop Offense During an Attack

Troop Defensive During an Attack

Troop Health During an Attack

Just used when defending are:

Troop Offense During Defense

Troop Defensive During Defense

Troop Health During Defense

Also there is equipment that adds offensive, defensive and health bonus that only come into the calculation if you are attacker (saracen) or if you are the defender (lynx).

So after all that, lol, ALL those increase your troop offensive bonuses and increase your troop defensive bonuses and decrease your opponents troop offensive bonuses and decrease your opponents troop defensive bonuses come into the calculation whether you are the attacker or the defender.

Nov 14, 2018, 06:1311/14/18
04/07/17
WDYWTNTF ... this is actually what my question was about when I first started playing in that thread you referred to in the lynx equipment thread ...