All Categories

Game lag

Game lag

Search
Oct 30, 2018, 13:0710/30/18
02/20/17

Game lag

Seriously Plarium people, what the hell??? Every time there's some new event, the game is lagging big time. I have to reload the page after every hit I am sending. 

You lot are absolutely useless

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 30, 2018, 16:1010/30/18
09/22/17

Lolz@username

Very annoying connectivity issues since pumpking event.... But great rewards!!

Oct 30, 2018, 18:5210/30/18
02/20/17
It's the worse lag I have ever experienced in this game. And for such a long period of time. It's still going on as we speak
Oct 30, 2018, 20:5210/30/18
02/20/17
17h later. Nothing has changed. They are as useless as they are known to be. Still , having a bit of faith in their capabilities although I very much doubt it. Disappointed big time
Oct 31, 2018, 16:3310/31/18
Oct 31, 2018, 16:37(edited)
09/03/18

I already posted this under the "Update" thread, but just in case someone here will benefit I am sharing here as well.

I have a theory as to why the game lags so much right now. It may not necessarily be the update... I think it is because of all the people using dozens of relocations to catch the Pumpkings. I've noticed in the past that lag often happens most at the start of KvK and CvC events when everyone is switching between kingdoms and jumping around purging unshielded towns. Even now it is noticeably the worst right after a batch of Pumpkings is spawned and everyone rushes off to grab as many as they can. It is made even worse by the fact that we also have an active CvC event so people may not just be going around one map, but also back and forth between kingdoms. I've seen a few times where city ghosts are sending marches, presumably because the map hasn't even registered their return... Not to mention the common message of "location is no longer at those coordinates" even though it shows up in the watchtower and on the map. With all that action, it would be difficult for servers in many games to keep up and I worry that it may even be beyond Plarium's capabilities to fix. 

If I'm correct about this, then the most effective solution would be to limit everyone's ability to use relocation items to no more than 30 per day or something. If that still seems like a lot, then you should know that there are people currently using hundreds. If it seems like that amount is too small, then please understand that free and low spending players have the worst time benefiting from these events and it would give them a better chance to reap rewards as well. As a regular teleporter, myself, don't think that I'm biased. Also, no matter what, these events will likely be laggy at the start for the same reason, but with this added regulation, it won't last nearly as long and we would all benefit from a more functional gameplay. ... That is IF I am correct about the issue.

Oct 31, 2018, 17:5810/31/18
07/03/18

Hi, Im the first time on forums.
If there any official replies to the mentioned issue - please point me there.

@Eleria:
Thank you, you are right about the causes, especially about the "beyond Plarium's capabilities"...
And yes, not only Plarium, many games suffer from the same behaviour
(mass online require very good servers and programming).

To add to the properties of the issue:

Viewing the clan battle progress often causes kicking out (guess is that all that goes around DB access without caching causes some programmed timeouts to boot a player from the game) - which Plarium "covers" as internet connection issue, nice move ;)

When Plarium temporarily removed the filtering of invaders - it was seen at once that game performance became much better (I hadn't been booted even once until they put the filtering back).

About a month before, I had written to them pointing their servers overload issue. They thanked me for the information and told that their tech stuff have already solved the thing!

As a result, I want to find an official answer about what they plan to do.
Having very good front-end, it seems they are using a kind of back-end that can't be optimized any further.
(Im in game for about 3 months with nearly 24h online. I could say: if I would like it, I could have charted a graph of a rough number of players online using the rate of disconnections from the game)

About the close-related question to the issue. Bots (they do add to the servers overload, you know).
Some days ago, being in another country, I got a message with warning of blocking my account if I will continue to use bots. The problem was, though, that I didn't use them!
This is sensitive question, please point me out to the right place to discuss.

Oct 31, 2018, 19:3810/31/18
02/20/17

It is the second day in a row that this is going on and on top of it, during a CvC.

Pathetic 
Nov 2, 2018, 12:4711/02/18
10/12/18

Nice addition (about launching the game servers)!

IF

my guess is correct (might be too early),
  and you going to dynamically add/remove servers for the changing online,

THEN

I have to accept it as an official answer, and thus, thank you, Plarium!

ENDIF

Nov 2, 2018, 13:4711/02/18
01/11/17

Hello, Jarls!

Thank you very much for your opinion!

We appreciate your commitment to the game and your feedback! 

We are always happy to hear your ideas. Our developers take every suggestion into consideration. We hope that our future innovations will meet your expectations. 

Feel free to let us know about your next ideas and have a nice day!

Nov 2, 2018, 14:5911/02/18
09/22/17
Lolz... The conglomerate is that everyone is pissed off and tired...c'mon meow!
Nov 2, 2018, 20:0811/02/18
04/07/17
Yes very bad lag ... first time our chief hasn't been able to shield up in time when attacking ... I think it is the lag causing the problem.
Nov 6, 2018, 09:2311/06/18
Nov 7, 2018, 09:51(edited)
02/20/17

You got to love all these automatic messages that those useless admins are sending. The laziness is monumental with these.......well, not even sure what to call them anymore. I think the term useless is a compliment as far as they are concern.

The lag in unbearable, people are quitting the game because of it and I can assure you not one ****** penny is going to come out of my pockets to be spend on this crap anymore. 

Well done Plarium, you managed to get to that point where you ****** it up for the majority of players. Look at the amount of dead accounts and ghost kingdoms you have managed to create.

Just useless and pathetic. 
Nov 7, 2018, 09:5011/07/18
01/11/17

Vagitarian said:

You got to love all these automatic messages that those useless admins are sending. The laziness is monumental with these.......well, not even sure what to call them anymore. I think the term useless is a compliment as far as they are concern.

The lag in unbearable, people are quitting the game because of it and I can assure you not one ****** penny is going to come out of my pockets to be spend on this crap anymore. 

Well done Plarium, you managed to get to that point where you ****** it up for the majority of players. Look at the amount of dead accounts and ghost kingdoms you have managed to create.

Just useless and pathetic. 

Good day, VAGITARIAN!

We appreciate your commitment to the game, but we draw your attention to the fact that your messages on the forum contain violations of forum rules. We advise you not to use in communication threats, insults, expletives (obscenities), vulgar, obscene, offensive statements and not to use CAPS. Any subsequent violations may lead to the indefinite deprivation of the right to use the forum. Hope for your understanding.