Equipment Materials

Equipment Materials

Search
Comments
Nov 14, 2018, 06:4911/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 07:39(edited)
09/03/18

xyz said:

This is very interesting and strangely familiar.......

Theories and pages of history of battle reports and trying to work a scheme.

The one fly in the ointment of this kind research is that we do not know when and if things change. 

The game is in a state of flux at best of times, rather than static, which means results can be meaningless.

I had also noticed what I thought appeared to be trends .

I would also agree with you that  the 20 % reduction or 10% now perhaps, isnt always beneficial to use when you talk about efficient use of energy.

Other ideas  on these lines that I wanted to test never happened,and updates have changed test conditions and likely worthiness.

Critcal hits  and high levels of sustained attack are supposed to help, but they appear to effect number of items dropping adversely at least at my level.

One thing I would  say definately changed .

I remember a time months ago now, when I thought I had encountered a glitch.

A non simple item   dropped from a level 1 invader, lately these are quite frequent, which would suggest something was tweaked.

I apologise in advance for what is likely to become an unfortunate manifestation of readable sleep deprivation complete with this unforgivable verbosity that insists on itself now that choosing one word from a bunch creates for me, some mental anguish in my weakened state. I am very sorry if what follows is difficult to read, long and drawn out, time consuming, a marathon for the literate, or redundant. I'll do my best to edit for grammar and any 'not sure that word goes there' phrases. Hopefully it adds up to something coherent. If not, I'll edit later ... Forgive me.

True that certain game mechanics seem to change frequently, but I don't think all the changes you're witnessing are the result of updates. Tweaking aspects of a game like this doesn't always have linear effects. Adjusting one seemingly isolated subject is like flicking the 'signal thread' of an intricately woven mathematical web designed to harness and control the peaks and valleys an active player experiences as they progress in the game. An  example of this might be the observation you had regarding non-simple item drops from level 1 Invaders. I think this "change" would have more to do with your account growing than the game getting a generous tune-up.

The biggest variations in this game, and arguably the most obvious ones, are the result of different players interacting with the same subjects. That's what makes it so hard to give a solid structure to the 'energy cost vs material reward' conundrum. There's a lot of behind the scenes math involved. I would need a better rested brain, a crap load of "research" funding, and an embarrassing amount of time to pursue an accurate descriptive formula, as long as those figures remain dark. That said, you'd be making a wise bet guessing that something critical in the game would change the moment I started making progress. XD

However, in just this one subject, without daring to solidify any figures or wishing to over simplify the sophisticated system designed to feed Plarium's starving children and enable unfulfilled adults, such as myself, to get a leg up in the struggle to find instant gratification from avoidance and denial, I have reached a conclusion or two on how to get the best invader materials and I'm pretty satisfied with the way my "tests" have gone. It's been enough to convince me, anyway, despite being my own worst skeptic.

◉Unless you are just starting the game and haven't got access to more advanced knowledge, trying to get legendary material from level 1 and 2 Invaders is a great way to make sure you're spending more than ten times the amount of energy necessary to get the same rewards from a level 5 or 6 when employing a substantial SusATK.

◉ Building up a sustained attack on an Invader level 4, 5 or 6 will save you time and energy when your first priority is crafting the best gear.

-No matter what your exact invader stats are, as long as you can keep building your sustained attack until you are at least halfway through an invader's health, (Upper level invaders) you WILL receive some rare items + usually AT LEAST one epic, and occasionally even a legendary item. On the other hand, it could be considered lucky to get even unusual grade items from levels 3 and under. There is an exception... If you have a significantly low offense and can actually assemble a good SusATK bonus on a level 3 before killing it, then you may luck into rare items in low quantity. 

◉Energy cost is dependent on your hero's skills, equipment, knowledge and bonuses. (Obviously)

*** "efficiency" is a relative term describing the relationship between the energy cost involved with using a specific method to reach your end goal.               

These factors control efficiency: Whether event points or gear materials is your priority,  how much time (patience) you have to accomplish your goal, availability of energy, availability of invaders, some stats vs Invaders 

◉Getting the best materials is a matter of probability, but not chance, and there is no one size fits all formula. However, when in doubt, using single hits, building up a SusATK bonus one hit at a time until the invader is beat will reliably preserve more energy while offering a higher probability of receiving blue, purple and gold items than diving in headfirst against any invader with an enhanced attack. 

-As your sustained attack goes up, so will the AVERAGE quality of the materials you receive. Don't mistake this with simply causing more damage per hit, it's actually much more. That said, avoid using a Hero's Offense boost when your hunting priority is gaining materials. Save those for crunch time in events and taking on the occasional Uber.

The bottom line is.. a high level invader provides the amount of 'workspace' that is essential for demonstrating your overall effectiveness against invaders. It's a necessary platform that the 3 low levels just don't have to offer.

Nov 14, 2018, 06:5211/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 07:09(edited)
04/07/17

Eleria said:

CIM... Do you mean other than my gel pen color coded notebook scribbles? :/ Cuz umm... My "data" is just page after page of basically copying the same info that's in the battle reports followed by some predictions based on patterns I saw.. it's not very technical. My predictions being accurate is what gave me the confidence to post my theory on here. Being a theory, I admit that it may have holes, the most obvious being that it could just be the product of coincidence. 

I don't know enough yet to create a formula, and if/when I do, it will likely be based on probability (of receiving higher grade material overall) more than certainty since I don't have access to the same information as someone who actually developed the game as nice as that would be. That's why I was kinda hoping someone...you, maybe ;).. would assist me a bit with a second pair of eyes, so to speak. Just... keeping track for a few Invaders that you finish in those different ways (without an offense boost cuz that seems to throw everything off, FTR) If you are intrigued at all, message me and I'll explain my "process" with more detail. If you think this idea was complete bunk before it hit the page and was concocted from desperation and delusion, then let me down easy and I'll drop it. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Yes I  mean your color coded notebook scribbles (however would be good if you put them into a chart) ... I could then look at them and determine if I thought it was worth further exploring.

I have finished off invaders sometimes before I reached maximum sustained attack (because time ran out or because someone else was going for it) and it is my impression that this is not a good thing to do for the specific purpose of to get better material.  I tend to think that you are just seeing coincidences or seeing something that isn't there.

However as I said if you would care to give me the data I would examine it.  I don't feel encouraged to what I would consider to be wasting energy to test out this theory that in my opinion does not seem to be valid.  Maybe your data would change my mind ...

And just for to make it clear ... all my invader skills are done and I have all legendary royal guard equipment and my hero is level 60 (and all this has been the case for about a year).
Nov 14, 2018, 08:2511/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 08:27(edited)
09/03/18

Krusher said:

Ahh Materials or lack of ......my other favourite subject.......    The game basically knows what you are short of so denies you it (It's a real thing trust me!)  for me Leather always leather (Used to be elixirs and cotton).  I need 22 legendary leather  (Not settling for anything less) and I have managed to cobble together one lately .  I have farmed endless tiles of all levels  hewers camps and farmlands they just give me RSS boosts .  They rarely drop any materials.  I have  done boatloads of tasks but they usually  give simple level which take ages to build up to legendary.    Killed level 6 invaders and alot of them  this has given me mostly rare level so better than nothing.    As Vikings I hear is based on gambling software I now never gamble on the outcome for legendary gear......  I tried it and it set me back weeks on my ongoing quest for leather.  I can't make anything right now so am stockpiling and will prioritise upgrades in future  .  And I am not buying the coffer packs...Mostly because the bank offers  are so bad ......not an option.    So just making do with what I have  thats if I can actually stay in the game for more than 5 minutes.......    Plarium you really need to look after  your players !!!    To illustrate the problem more clearly   I once did 750 tasks managed to just about get one legendary leather at the end of it .........

Sorry for the late response to this...

I hope you finally got all the leather you needed. If I could send you some of mine, I would do so happily. I purchased around 100 legendary material coffers (800k gold) over 3 weeks altogether using gold earned in the game without having to spend a nickel. As you can imagine of the coffer method, it gave me more unneeded legendary grade standard materials than the ones I'd been going for. However, I still somehow ended up with most of what I needed to make some standard but effective equipment sets... One each for combat, building, learning, training, etc.. Plus, I still have plenty of various other standard materials to put to use when the time comes. If the material you're in need of is a standard piece, I actually recommend buying *Legendary* coffers.
Nov 14, 2018, 09:0711/14/18
04/07/17
Yes I have bought legendary coffers also ... not in awhile but earlier on I did ... I am also short on leather and well I been mostly farming stone every chance I get ...
Nov 14, 2018, 23:2811/14/18
Nov 14, 2018, 23:55(edited)
09/03/18

CONCLUSION

Attacking Invaders for Equipment Material 

◉Unless you are just starting the game and haven't got access to more advanced knowledge, trying to get legendary material from level 1 and 2 Invaders is a great way to make sure you're spending more than ten times the amount of energy necessary to get the same rewards from a level 5 or 6 when employing a substantial SusATK.

◉ Building up a sustained attack on an Invader level 4, 5 or 6 will save you time and energy when your first priority is crafting the best gear.

-No matter what your exact invader stats are, as long as you can keep building your sustained attack until you are at least halfway through an invader's health, (Upper level invaders) you WILL receive some rare items + usually AT LEAST one epic, and occasionally even a legendary item. On the other hand, it could be considered lucky to get even unusual grade items from levels 3 and under. There is an exception... If you have a significantly low offense and can actually assemble a good SusATK bonus on a level 3 before killing it, then you may luck into rare items in low quantity. 

◉Energy cost is dependent on your hero's skills, equipment, knowledge and bonuses. (Obviously)

*** "efficiency" is a relative term describing the relationship between the energy cost involved with using a specific method to reach your end goal.               

These factors control efficiency: Whether event points or gear materials is your priority, how much time (patience) you have to accomplish your goal, availability of energy, availability of invaders, some stats vs Invaders 

◉Getting the best materials is a matter of probability, but not chance, and there is no one size fits all formula. However, when in doubt, using single hits, building up a SusATK bonus one hit at a time until the invader is beat will reliably preserve more energy while offering a higher probability of receiving blue, purple and gold items than diving in headfirst against any invader with an enhanced attack. 

-As your sustained attack goes up, so will the AVERAGE quality of the materials you receive. Don't mistake this with simply causing more damage=better loot, it's not that simple. That said, avoid using a Hero's Offense boost when your hunting priority is gaining materials. Save those for crunch time in events and taking on the occasional Uber.

The bottom line is.. a high level invader provides the amount of 'workspace' that is essential for demonstrating your overall effectiveness against invaders. It's a necessary platform that the 3 low levels just don't have to offer. When choosing between levels 4,5, or 6, go for this strongest one that will die or nearly die before you reach your current maximum sustained attack. Delivering hits at peak performance, which includes employing a high SusATK and avoiding boosts, is what will shake out the best loot.

MY FINAL NOTE

Standard Equipment Materials 

By now everyone will have figured out that standard materials can be gained from tasks, Invaders, and resource tiles. That said, consider this...

I 100% recommend purchasing legendary equipment coffers. Keep in mind that if you wait to buy them until you only need one last item, then that item will suddenly become more difficult than ever to find. Purchase these coffers frequently and build up a stock so that you don't end up waiting for one standard material after you've gotten all you need from invaders. The ability to purchase standard crafting items with gold is a gift that often goes unappreciated and degraded because people don't plan ahead and end up buying thirty coffers in order to find that one last elusive piece. 

Please don't take that the wrong way. To my knowledge, it has NEVER been confirmed by any developers that they actually have instilled a growing rarity based on players' needs and intentionally set us up for disappointment and frustration. They just wouldn't do that to us. It's not like they would prioritize money-making over their devoted members. You're way off base if you thought Plarium would stoop so low, knowing that fair play means RANDOM item drops. Shameful, that would be.

However, there IS an entity to blame that every seasoned player has become familiar with and fallen victim to at least once... MURPHY governs this game without mercy or appeal. Murphy's Law is THE law of the land and shouldn't be regarded lightly. When your game crashes, it will crash at the worst possible time. When unscheduled maintenance is needed, it will happen during or directly after making a large purchase as to increase the likelihood of errors occurring. The most relevant of Murphy's Laws for Vikings is of course, the more you need something, the harder it is to get. Plan ahead. 

Now... Go buy legendary material coffers BEFORE you need them.

THE END 

Nov 15, 2018, 12:4711/15/18
06/21/17

I was going to suggest the reason for me noticing usual items dropping after attacking invaders could not be down to an imporovement in skills, as none had ben made.

I then realised that although no further research had been done, my hero level had gone up slightly, more invader skill points might be the explanation.

Testingt this will give me an extra excuse to reset the skills, something I have been meaning to do for a long time.

I do not need the high sustained attack I have, I can reassign them to give me a larger energy capacity and see if I still get usual items.

I had previously thought only simple items dropped from level 1 invaders,perhaps this is bogus, and if you can destroy level 6, level 1 wil give higher quality.

Nov 15, 2018, 12:4911/15/18
07/29/17

I would like to know from Plarium why  farming is not dropping basic materials anymore.  or very very rarely and only simple level and not the one I need......... they mostly drop RSS  packs or boosts but not the materials that they are supposed to and certainly not leather.    I finish countless farming tiles to no avail.  Also the advertised possible materials you can get from invader lairs are not based in reality.  

Coffer packs are no longer included in Bank offers either  they used to be quite good you could get a chest of materials with about 75 items to stock up a bit .

and Tasks are also not dropping too many either and  doing Clan and premium Tasks without All complete (as it takes forever to get VIP  28.)....on League of Odin is one of the most tedious parts of the game.

It would be something if the special ubers could drop materials for a change

Reward your players Plarium !!!!!!!!!!