Question about gear sets

16 Replies
User
10 September, 2018, 7:33 PM UTC
Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
UTC -7:00
0
User
10 September, 2018, 7:48 PM UTC
Why is there not a single piece of invader gear for killer class troops? All the others have at least 1 item that boosts health, offense & defense in that 1 item. Killers don't even have an item that boosts 2 of those attributes(unless i missed something). 
UTC -7:00
0
CIM
User
10 September, 2018, 10:21 PM UTC
Barbarian does have some items that boost siege troops.  And yes it appears siege and killer troops do not have much invader bonus equipment, though they do have some pretty good standard equipment.
UTC +1:00
0
User
11 September, 2018, 4:22 PM UTC
mtboondocker03 said:

Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
This is because they already are boosted by many other stuffs. Like the stronghold equipments and their natural stats are also high. Like if one gets stronghold gear for killers or siege then it has slight more bonus then rest of the gear which makes it equal in the end but you can see that many people this days uses siege as main troop type for killing which is because they have a bit higher stats than others if you know which gear and gem to put on.
Akshay
UTC +11:00
1
User
11 September, 2018, 5:18 PM UTC

Kill cave lions, they will give you mats for killer offense gear. And check this thread

https://plarium.com/forum/en/vikings-war-of-clans/fan-guides/38041_good-standard-killer-set/

you're confusing the sky with stars reflected on the pond surface at night
UTC +1:00
0
User
15 September, 2018, 7:56 AM UTC

Crime said:


mtboondocker03 said:


Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
This is because they already are boosted by many other stuffs. Like the stronghold equipments and their natural stats are also high. Like if one gets stronghold gear for killers or siege then it has slight more bonus then rest of the gear which makes it equal in the end but you can see that many people this days uses siege as main troop type for killing which is because they have a bit higher stats than others if you know which gear and gem to put on.

Let me start off by saying congrats on a great interview with Plarium. I enjoyed reading it.  When you told boondocker that if a player gets 

stronghold gear for killer or siege; are you refering to the special gear sets that must be drafted in the stronghold to unlock it? Just trying to clarify this since i've never seen called "stronghold gear" until now. I agree with you about there being a lot of players using Siege as main attack. That's why I went with Ranged as my specialty backed by Killers on my main account

UTC -7:00
0
User
16 September, 2018, 11:35 AM UTC
mtboondocker03 said:

Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
Look at Special Equipment Leif's and Reggvid's gear all Siege boosts.
UTC +7:00
0
User
16 September, 2018, 11:58 AM UTC

Cutter said:


Crime said:


mtboondocker03 said:


Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
This is because they already are boosted by many other stuffs. Like the stronghold equipments and their natural stats are also high. Like if one gets stronghold gear for killers or siege then it has slight more bonus then rest of the gear which makes it equal in the end but you can see that many people this days uses siege as main troop type for killing which is because they have a bit higher stats than others if you know which gear and gem to put on.

Let me start off by saying congrats on a great interview with Plarium. I enjoyed reading it.  When you told boondocker that if a player gets 

stronghold gear for killer or siege; are you refering to the special gear sets that must be drafted in the stronghold to unlock it? Just trying to clarify this since i've never seen called "stronghold gear" until now. I agree with you about there being a lot of players using Siege as main attack. That's why I went with Ranged as my specialty backed by Killers on my main account

Thank you for reading my interview hope it does make some changes in game.

Yes i was talking about the ones we can unlock via stronghold. As in my kingdom we call them with special gear less but stronghold gears so i used the slangs. But your troop type choice is very nice as they repel the siege troops and good against killer too. My main type is cav but yes i use all types to attack as i got every gear unlock and i love the balance so to keep enemy confused about my main troop.
Akshay
UTC +11:00
0
User
17 September, 2018, 3:16 PM UTC
callahan said:

mtboondocker03 said:

Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
Look at Special Equipment Leif's and Reggvid's gear all Siege boosts.
So you answer is that the guy waits until he can get all the needed gear to make special gear(and that's if his elders decided to draft it)? Meanwhile jarls with similar time & experience can start participating in small traps and onslaughts as soon as they have a set made from invader material.
UTC +0:00
0
Mee
User
17 September, 2018, 3:39 PM UTC
If you're doing traps use lynx gear :D
UTC +7:00
0
User
17 September, 2018, 3:42 PM UTC
thefounders2017 said:

callahan said:

mtboondocker03 said:

Why is there no  invader gear to boost the abilities for siege class troops similar to the gear for the others? Also why does it appear to me that spies have more set items than the warriors?
Look at Special Equipment Leif's and Reggvid's gear all Siege boosts.
So you answer is that the guy waits until he can get all the needed gear to make special gear(and that's if his elders decided to draft it)? Meanwhile jarls with similar time & experience can start participating in small traps and onslaughts as soon as they have a set made from invader material.
Actually; I own the Cutter account and 2 others. My main account is the same as my forum name & is a ranged specialist as I stated with cutter. Cutter is my bank and hold my resources and excess troops so I can remain unshielded when I send troops to attack and not have to worry about being zeroed should I lose server connection(learned that lesson the hard way). My other 2 accounts are mtboondocker03; my hyper that I figured I might as well add siege specialty to since I use them for tile farming due to capacity and a trap account troop specialty & name will remain anonymous in case we cross paths in battle.
UTC -7:00
0
User
17 September, 2018, 5:07 PM UTC

Mee said:


If you're doing traps use lynx gear :D 


Have you tested out lynx gear vs an attacker with troop specific gear (even at the invader level troop specific gear)? I ask because I personally have not. Have only heard through the grapevine it's no match against even the troop specific invader gear. If you have; i'd love to hear what your outcome was (if you you don't mind sharing the results that is).

UTC -7:00
0
Mee
User
17 September, 2018, 5:29 PM UTC

I'm just reaching that point, but I know when clanmates were defending PoP they would use lynx instead of special gear as they had tested the gear separately. Similar to spies defending in lynx is better than scout gear. 

This is all hearsay though, as I haven't personally tested, sorry

UTC +7:00
0
xyz
User
18 September, 2018, 12:29 PM UTC

Google translate gives this

" Because they are better and have more ideas than that. But we can overcome. If you use gambling online."  

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the topic.

UTC +7:00
0
User
18 September, 2018, 9:19 PM UTC
Hi Plarium, please can you take down all the posts that have links to betting websites. There's been a few posted today alone.
UTC +1:00
0
Administrator
19 September, 2018, 8:27 AM UTC

Clamm said:


Hi Plarium, please can you take down all the posts that have links to betting websites. There's been a few posted today alone.

Sure 

Bearer of the highest Knowledge
UTC +3:00
0
User
20 September, 2018, 12:18 PM UTC

I notice you took down some spam that you were alerted to ,even some more, sometime within a few hours ago, but there is a bunch more. logeste ,keto, various combinations of A$$.

Maybe others,as logeste seems to have 2 now.

UTC +0:00
0
3222975 users registered; 66802 topics; 348950 posts; our newest member:utku