All Categories

A cheating strategy using maintenances times

A cheating strategy using maintenances times

Search
Comments
Apr 11, 2018, 09:2904/11/18
04/07/17

Rocketman said:

I see another problem: we all have free 24(8) shield after maintenance, and we can't attack anyone, because even dead cities will be under shields. I think how it work now is fine

That is true that would be the case ... however I think that all things considered it would be good for a 24 hour shield to be put on if not at least 24 hour notice is given of the maintenance.  Say every morning I log on before I go to work do some attacks then shield back up ... and well this morning all of a sudden is a maintenance that didn't have 24 hour notice and I can't log into the game ... and I have to go to work and my shield will fall before I get home.  I find that to be a problem with the game and not the player ... the game should give 24 hour notice of a maintenance and if they don't they should put on automatically a 24 hour shield on all towns ... I would go for all "active" towns ... ones that have had activity in the past 30 days ...

There has been a number of players that have suffered serious damage because of short notice maintenance and then trouble to get back in game because either they had to go to work or something or maintenance has taken hours before they could get in, which this has happened a number of times.
Apr 11, 2018, 09:4404/11/18
Apr 11, 2018, 09:46(edited)
03/25/18

Rocketman said:

I think how it work now is fine

If a group of players can decide to attack one target at the very last second before the system going in maintenance, it will make that :

- all attacks will be notified at the same time
- defender will be forcibly disconnected before he can react to the notification
- all attacks will occur during the maintenance time, exactly as if all attacker had relocated near the attacked town, but without the attackers having to pay for the relocating costs.

1/ For what reason, do you believe doing that and being able to do that is not abusing the rules ?

2/ for what reason, do you believe forcibly giving the defender 10-20 minutes to react by setting an automatic peace treaty for the 10-20 minute before the maintenance and until it ends, would be wrong ?

Apr 11, 2018, 10:0904/11/18
04/07/17
pilou said:

Rocketman said:

I think how it work now is fine

If a group of players can decide to attack one target at the very last second before the system going in maintenance, it will make that :

- all attacks will be notified at the same time
- defender will be forcibly disconnected before he can react to the notification
- all attacks will occur during the maintenance time, exactly as if all attacker had relocated near the attacked town, but without the attackers having to pay for the relocating costs.

1/ For what reason, do you believe doing that and being able to do that is not abusing the rules ?

2/ for what reason, do you believe forcibly giving the defender 10-20 minutes to react by setting an automatic peace treaty for the 10-20 minute before the maintenance and until it ends, would be wrong ?

Just to make it clear ... the attack doesn't happen DURING maintenance ... at that time the game is not running ... it happens right after the game is brought up ... so the shield only needs to be effective at the time maintenance takes place ... not 10 to 20 minutes before maintenance ... but seems like you got a group of people after you ...
Apr 11, 2018, 16:1804/11/18
Apr 11, 2018, 16:23(edited)
03/25/18

CIM said:

Just to make it clear ... the attack doesn't happen DURING maintenance ... at that time the game is not running ... it happens right after the game is brought up ... so the shield only needs to be effective at the time maintenance takes place ... not 10 to 20 minutes before maintenance ... but seems like you got a group of people after you ...

I'm not sure about that : When it happened to me, at the time I was logged out, the enemy marching on me still had more than 15 minutes to walk. I was lucky because, if I hadn't been able to recall my troops, they would have come back 2 minute too late.

But then I have been logged-out immediately afterwards, and I have been repetitively checking to log on again, and at the time I managed to come back, the first two attacks had already taken place ! So, as far as I understood it, the fact that the game was in limited access, didn't mean it's internals had stopped running. Only the access to the game seemed to have been on hold. Not the game itself.

Apr 11, 2018, 16:2404/11/18
04/07/17
pilou said:

CIM said:

I'm not sure about that : When it happened to me, at the time I was logged out, the enemy marching on me still had more than 15 minutes to walk. I was lucky because, if I hadn't been able to recall my troops, they would have come 2 minute to late. But then I have been logged-out immediately afterwards, and I have been repetitively checking to log on again, and at the time I managed to come back, the first two attacks had already taken place ! So, as far as I understood it, the fact that the game was in limited access, didn't mean it's internals had stopped running.
You are right the internals had not stopped ... time still passed but the attack didn't actually take place until the game started up again and it registered to have happened while the game was down.  However if a peace treaty is put on at the time the maintenance starts that would have taken care of that because the game would have registered that you had a peace treaty when the attacks happened which they happened AFTER the start of the maintenance.
Apr 11, 2018, 16:4204/11/18
Apr 11, 2018, 16:43(edited)
03/25/18

CIM said:

You are right the internals had not stopped ... time still passed but the attack didn't actually take place until the game started up again and it registered to have happened while the game was down.  However if a peace treaty is put on at the time the maintenance starts that would have taken care of that because the game would have registered that you had a peace treaty when the attacks happened which they happened AFTER the start of the maintenance.

I don't know what happens when one raises a peace treaty between the time an attack is launched against him and the time the enemy troops arrive to his city. You wont be able to launch an attack if the town is already protected, but I'm not sure an already launched attack will be aborted if you raise a peace treaty AFTER is has been launched. I don't know how it was intended to be, and I also don't know if what happens is really what was intended to happen, because I've seen that many people complained about bugs in that matter.

That's why I say that, if peace treaties are enforced in the, let's say 20 minutes before maintenance, this means that the defender will never get in the situation where he is forcibly logged out immediately after the attack is declared, and then he is sure to have the time to react, providing that the attacker didn't move his town in the immediate vicinity (but for this he has to spend a relocate bonus).

Apr 11, 2018, 22:5904/11/18
Apr 11, 2018, 23:01(edited)
04/07/17
If an attack is launched against you when you are unshielded and you raise your shield before it reaches your town your town is protected ... this happens all the time in game.  You must be in a newer kingdom because in an established kingdom unless you want to be wiped out you will be needing to be shielded unless you are launching an attack or unless you are one big and strong town.  BTW I live in Belgium for 20 years now, but am from the USA.
May 8, 2019, 19:4405/08/19
04/25/19

First off it never lets me know when there's a maintenance issue and it should never allow people to bog in while there's maintenance I've been having troubles doing arena battles and trying to get tournament points and none of them are registering no matter how many battles I do and win.