All Categories

Game Crash and Zero Game support!

Search
Jun 17, 2017, 20:1706/17/17

I'm getting a bit frustrated so I'm going here to ask for help...

I've been playing this game for several months with few issues but on Thursday morning I tried to load the game and began having it crash as the initial game screen loads. Right at the moment that the "Daily" offer is loaded I instantly receive a Syntax error message and the game freezes up.

I tried contacting support and sent in several tickets now with Zero returned messages.

I have purchased MircoSoft syntax/Java error fixes, deleted the game and reinstalled it, tried a third party download as well as Plarium direct download and yes I have accepted the cookie notice.

I can get a fast click on the game indicating that the game would be running if it wasn't for the "Daily" ad intrusion.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 20, 2017, 00:5806/20/17

Thanks for the link CORGI_VIKING

Now it says there was an error running UNITY on this computer.. Syntax Error

But the freeze is at the same point.. just as the pop up Daily ad tries to load.

The game runs for a brief tick of the in-game clock so it makes it look like I have logged in and "played" to anyone visiting my town

Still no response to any support ticket sent

But thanks for replying with the link.. it did something.. just not sure what LOL
Jun 20, 2017, 22:3406/20/17

I thought it interesting that this was the first and only response from the support team...

*Dear Jarl, Thank you for contacting the Plarium Support Team. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue. However, please note that all in game services work properly on our end. If you constantly experience connection issues or game crashes, please make sure that you have a stable internet connection. Make sure your device's antivirus or firewall is not blocking your browser to form a stable connection. If possible, connect through another access point/router. Please, clear the cache of your browser, close all other tabs and background applications while playing the game and please make sure that you have the latest version of the Java installed on your computer. Also, you can always try to play the game on different browser preferrably Vivaldi with another connection. You may also try connecting through a trusted VPN service, but use this option completely at your own risk. Please kindly note that the game may load slowly when you first run, therefore we kindly suggest you to wait for a little bit longer. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The game is still loading and indicating that I have logged in but even with the addition of the download "Unity" I still lock right as the "Daily" ad tries to load. The "Unity" program did do something and gives me a longer pause before the freeze and the error message has changed to say that there is now an error stating there was a Syntax error running Unity on this computer.

But if I do several attempts to log in and then again by refreshing I can get either error of Syntax error.. Continuity or Unity

If I could just block that pop up from intruding I could play.. yes, I've checked to see if any security or firewall is blocking the ad or any part of the game... unfortunately nothing was or is and since I was able to play and the only time I have had issues is when I viewed the "package ads" it is obvious that there script running them is the problem.

Jun 22, 2017, 23:2406/22/17

Well I finally found a fix.. trying to fix a different issue and with no help from support

Using MSCONFIG I turned off start up programs (be sure to hide your windows or OS programs before disabling any start ups) by disabling some of the programs I apparently found one that was effecting Vikings

I believe it was the "Play TV" program for recording in game play (not watching TV on computer) but I'm not going to turn it back on to find out.

Jun 23, 2017, 00:3606/23/17
02/16/17
Where did you find this program, as I'm having the same issue. There are occasions where I can login and play the game, but ever since the last patch, the game is far more likely to freeze at the startup ad with the Unity syntax error message.
Jun 23, 2017, 13:2006/23/17
04/22/14
same problem its freeze at 50%
Jun 24, 2017, 14:2706/24/17

Hey guys,

I tried to download all of the linked "fixes" and they did NOT fix anything.. what I did experience was a lag on different programs not associated with the game including my email.

These are the instructions I followed to fix my problem... be sure if you do this that you follow them exactly especially when protecting the windows files.

Also, do this at your own risk.. some programs you may want to go back and re-set to the start up to protect the security of your computer.

To do a Clean Boot, please follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold the "Windows Key" (located on the lower-left of the keyboard, between the CTRL and ALT) and then press the letter "R". If you successfully did the "Windows + R" or Run command, a small box should appear.

2. On the box, please type in "MSCONFIG" and hit Enter on your keyboard. That should open the "Systems Configurations" window.

3. Next, click on the "Services" tab and then make sure you put a check on the "Hide all Microsoft services" - this step is important.

4. After putting a check on the "Hide all Microsoft services", click on "Disable All" on the lower-right.

5. Next, click on the "Startup" tab at the top and then click on "Open the Task Manager".

6. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

7. Close Task Manager. 8. Going back to the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK,

and then restart the computer.

I hope this helps those of you out that can't find help through the normal request channels

Charlie
Jun 25, 2017, 07:3706/25/17

Sorry guys,

Update.. 2 days after having the game back and running it is freezing again!

No changes or updates made so it can't be a change to the OS. I did buy a damn package for energy boosts (Last time I spend money on this game!).. and it had a new item.. 5000 unit energy boosts.. unfortunately they don't show on the add energy window drop down.. either they didn't realize they had to make more room on the window list or it was a pre sale and didn't really want to be giving out 100x 5000 unit boosts so they didn't deliver them.

Either way I never got to see them because after posting on the bug report and asking for support help in restoring them to my item list my game started crashing again.. even after running for about 12 hours with several log outs and returns with no glitches or freezes until after the post.

I really am wondering if they don't have a major bug with the "Daily" ads or during the upload when logging in.

Jun 25, 2017, 19:4906/25/17

The problem is certainly on their end. The fact that they don't want to acknowledge this is troubling.

Maybe when more people stop playing they might finally address the issue.
Jun 27, 2017, 02:4106/27/17

How in the world can they be producing new games when I can't get a single reply to ticket requests for assistance?

The "Throne" game is Vikings 2.0

Until they fix the connection issues to this game there seems to be nothing that can be done... I've uninstalled, cleaned my computer files, downloaded fixes, Unity, Java and even ad blocker programs were changed so that I could see if that was a problem... nothing!

I am convinced that it was just timing that allowed me to believe I had found a way to get on the game by cleaning the start up list. AND that what the real issue with freezing has much more to do with the POP UP ADS since some of them run fine but most of them have caused freezing for me from the start. Also, the game starts running, even showing me as having logged into the game right up to the time that the "Daily" ad tries to insert itself.

Too bad the company doesn't seem as interested in the current problems as it is with developing new games that are rehashed from the old
Aug 29, 2017, 00:2308/29/17
05/09/15
wtf, i can t log in. what is going on?