Why is this game marked as adult stuff?

10 Replies
saberlost
29 May, 2017, 9:07 PM UTC

I followed a link for the viking game. 

This was the first page (with an half naked women showing side boob) with this text.

"

The most addictive game!

Before you are allowed to enter the #1 Rated 18+ Game we need to ask a couple of questions.

You're lucky, Free registration is still open. Find out whether you qualify to join the most addicted game by answering 3 simple questions. Good luck!"

"Question #1

Are you over 18 years old?"

"Question #2

This game may contain some nudity and/or sex scenes. Can you handle it?"

"Question #3

Due to certain laws, depending on your location, you might have to reach level 10 before you see explicit content. Do you understand?"

Then regardless of your yes or no answers you get to the plarium.com viking war of clans page.  

UTC +7:00
Angry Pirate
29 May, 2017, 11:13 PM UTC

Click Bait.

It is probably a 3rd party advertiser that has a pay-per-click contract with Plarium to drive new player to the game. Unfortunately, this just results in a bunch of non-gamer noobs, creepy sex offender types, and a ton of dead castles cluttering the kingdom. 

This same advertisement pops up on a lot of sites, specifically those that the MPAA likes to shut down ;), and links to many different games. You should send  the relevant details to Plarium's team that handles these types of things.  When in doubt, just CC them all :

PLARIUM GAMES

For game support: support.plarium.com

For business inquires: [email protected] 

For public communication: [email protected] 

For payment processing offers: [email protected]

Angry Witcher
30 May, 2017, 7:31 AM UTC

Lol! Typical advertising

UTC +3:00
Ivar Marksman
Administrator
30 May, 2017, 9:17 AM UTC

Dear Jarl,

Thank you for your email. Could you please describe the situation step by step. Please, attach the screenshots and send us here.

Best regards,

Your Plarium Support Team

Bearer of the highest Knowledge
Corgi_Viking
30 May, 2017, 9:50 AM UTC

Angry Pirate said:

Click Bait.

And they have a catch 

orkmasteruh
30 May, 2017, 11:43 AM UTC
Don't want to bring bad news but those are Google's personalized advertisements. It shows you ads according to your page visits.... so if you visit ehm... adult sites, you will see these kinds of ads on your browser. It has nothing to do with the company or the game. I had the similar experience with different games and their ads. 
UTC +8:00
SteelTorin
30 May, 2017, 1:21 PM UTC

orkmasteruh said:

Don't want to bring bad news but those are Google's personalized advertisements. It shows you ads according to your page visits.... so if you visit ehm... adult sites, you will see these kinds of ads on your browser. It has nothing to do with the company or the game. I had the similar experience with different games and their ads. 

that's true, dude. Once I was finding Christmas present for my little cousin. So... next few weeks I have had advertisement of little colorful horses in my browser =D LOL It was a little strange...

saberlost
30 May, 2017, 4:19 PM UTC

Of course, I´m just disappointed :) 

Jokes aside, I think it'´s hurt the game more then it brings any real players to the game.

CIM
31 May, 2017, 5:15 AM UTC
saberlost said:

Of course, I´m just disappointed :) 

Jokes aside, I think it'´s hurt the game more then it brings any real players to the game.

They aren't joking ... I don't see any of such "adult" advertising connected with this game ... because no one on this computer goes to such "adult" pages ... someone on your computer has visited such sites and that is why you are getting the advertisements.  It has nothing to do with plarium or this game or this company ... it happens because of a user on your end of the computer.
UTC +1:00
rabiddoughnuts
15 September, 2017, 1:20 AM UTC
orkmasteruh said:

This is false, I saw this ad on a computer at work with a pretty strict firewall on what we can do, anything close to nsfw is blocked.
th3j3ff
7 December, 2017, 8:11 PM UTC
So, what level do I unlock ?
UTC +0:00
1777736 users registered; 48054 topics; 286061 post; our newest member:sss1941sss00