All Categories

Is defense impossible in this game?

Search
Feb 15, 2017, 17:0902/15/17

Hi all! Is playing Defense impossible in this game? So i must make millions of troops to defend then half or 80% will die every time i get attacked? But wait- in order to get to that much troops, one must buy a shield pack for weeks/months/years so one can build that much troops? You are feeling cool now for making that much troops! Feeling invincible! Then a attacker shows up and this time they will have as much troops and onslaught and slaughter all your troops. You are f***! No worries, i have max infirmaries. Whew, that was a close one! Then you realize you can only save 280k of your troops that died. F*** again! I must then farm more resources to resurrect the few that was saved in the infirmaries. I also better hurry to build more troops for the next attack in just couple of minutes... Wait- I don't want to wait for hours or days so i must buy another boost pack to make troops instantly. Caching-caching!!! Impossible!!! I used to play clash of clans and at least in that game you can use strategy and you get a shield after being attacked for hours. Anyway, it sucks that you can't see the total number of troops that the attacker have on the report. What is the point of having a report if it is just going to show you how much of my troops got slaughtered and the number of enemy troops that died and not the total number of troops that the enemy have? We just guess? We should see them so we can prepare for the next attack. Defense should get better in this game! It is too much just to attack! Not all of us are blood thirsty no?I know we are vikings but some vikings also stayed on their home land right? Not just pillaging, destroying, etc.

More and more i'm feeling that this is  just another pay to win game. Because you stand no chance to players who payed more than you or old players who already built millions of troops... Have i known that before i played this game-i most likely will not install this game.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 16, 2017, 08:0302/16/17
02/06/17

I agree with you that this game is cruel to newcomers. Best advice i can give : find a good clan and they will help you to grow, give rss and you can hide your troops under clanmates shields

Feb 17, 2017, 00:1302/17/17
Thanks Corgi! Yeah, this game is about clan thus the name. Hehe. Not for solo player. Don't really want to be in a clan as i prefer solo -no politics, war, etc. Lol. but clearly this game is not that. The defense in this game is plainly stupid.
Feb 17, 2017, 01:2302/17/17
01/28/17
I personally defend all the time and win. It's about the right type of armor your hero wears and the Hero's skills and your Knowledge. Troop Defense and Heath are every important as well as offensive and defensive boost and knowing when to use them.
Feb 17, 2017, 05:0902/17/17
Hawk how much troops do you have when defending and do you have reinforcements? total scouts and troops?  I was reading about trap accounts and was going to make one. Unfortunately, my hero is only 47 not the 50 recommended. Currently, i don't have that much troops but i'm working on it but it is tougher since i don't have max infirmaries and i'm getting attacked so i'm spending more resources on resurrection. Anyway,  had about 80k when a high lvl obliterated my troops i had mostly t1 t3s. I didn't stand a chance. Lol.  So I don't want to make so many troops that my infirmaries can't support. I know it will be really tough to defend from high level players with boost march and with onslaught. I did the hero armor total health and total defense including the hero skills to no avail. :( I'm going to build a trap account but i don't know how i can make millions of troops without hiding my troops somewhere. Thanks!
Feb 17, 2017, 19:0002/17/17

Still new here myself but these might help:

1.  Only build highest Tier warriors so you have less and can fit in infirmary.

2.  Wait for the 70% discount to reviving troops that comes around every few days.

3.  Join a clan (doesn't have to be a big fighting clan).  You can get clan bonus loyalty points and can purchase shields from the clan store using those points.

Hope this helped in some way.

Feb 18, 2017, 00:0202/18/17
Feb 18, 2017, 00:02(edited)
Thanks for the tips Karl! Yeah, still making tier 3 troops. I wanted to make a trap account but it is a hassle. How many troops do you have for defense? Scouts and troops? As for the 70% discount i noticed that but i didn't know they have that every week. As for the clan, i joined  a small and found out that there are actually clans for more independent player.

karlsgames909 said:

Still new here myself but these might help:

1.  Only build highest Tier warriors so you have less and can fit in infirmary.

2.  Wait for the 70% discount to reviving troops that comes around every few days.

3.  Join a clan (doesn't have to be a big fighting clan).  You can get clan bonus loyalty points and can purchase shields from the clan store using those points.

Hope this helped in some way.

Feb 18, 2017, 02:3702/18/17
Only been playing a few days so living in a bubble atm, with this stupid non cool-down teleport ability that allows coiners to kill off non coiners with ease.  In the few days I have been playing I have seen the 70% twice.  And no idea what a trap account is.
Feb 18, 2017, 15:3602/18/17
Trap account is having a lot of tier1 troops so your influence is low so your attacker thinks you are weak but when you get attacked you out number the attacker. It recommends having a lvl50 hero though. as for the teleport-yeah i've seen that too.

karlsgames909 said:

Only been playing a few days so living in a bubble atm, with this stupid non cool-down teleport ability that allows coiners to kill off non coiners with ease.  In the few days I have been playing I have seen the 70% twice.  And no idea what a trap account is.

Feb 18, 2017, 20:2002/18/17
02/07/17

Actually I am getting really fed up with the game. Not being able to build up (it takes ages if you are not prepared to spend lots of money). Getting invaded, everything you got so far stolen.... and one starts from scratch. If a Level 20 or higher can "Smash" a Level 8 or 9 - again and again - its no fun at all.

It takes ages to Level up - to be smashed by People who simply buy their power and troops. Seems to be unfair. I started to loose interest. And I am not sure if I Keep playing. As at the Moment it simply Shows that you got no Chance what so ever without spending money. And if they are only interested in paying Players - than they should tell us. Because many People would stop playing.

It started as fun - and at the Moment, after loosing everything again - its more a pain the in backside! Shooting great new game? Well, it won´t be for long. As many People will loose interest.

Feb 18, 2017, 20:2302/18/17
02/07/17

hawk.0399 said:

I personally defend all the time and win. It's about the right type of armor your hero wears and the Hero's skills and your Knowledge. Troop Defense and Heath are every important as well as offensive and defensive boost and knowing when to use them.

Sorry, but one Needs the Chance to build up troops! And if a real high Level keeps invading all the time - you got no Chance! Therefore it got nothing to do with the skills of the hero - as you got no Chance to Level up in time!

Feb 18, 2017, 23:1102/18/17
Feb 18, 2017, 23:30(edited)

It will be tough to level up above lvl 10 without paying and even if you purchased the starter package it is tough to lvl up beyond 20. As for loosing your resources-i only get or make what my vault can handle but for silver i'm screwed- no vault for that until lvl21. You can get rid of your extra resources by making troops, building and if you are in a clan by giving it to your clan mates. Yeah, no fun being attacked repeatedly. What do they think we are a bank? Some are even worst ******* tile hitting so you have to pay gold to resurrect your troops... And i agree it is pay to win. It will take you ages to level up without paying.

Utespielt1806 said:

Actually I am getting really fed up with the game. Not being able to build up (it takes ages if you are not prepared to spend lots of money). Getting invaded, everything you got so far stolen.... and one starts from scratch. If a Level 20 or higher can "Smash" a Level 8 or 9 - again and again - its no fun at all.

It takes ages to Level up - to be smashed by People who simply buy their power and troops. Seems to be unfair. I started to loose interest. And I am not sure if I Keep playing. As at the Moment it simply Shows that you got no Chance what so ever without spending money. And if they are only interested in paying Players - than they should tell us. Because many People would stop playing.

It started as fun - and at the Moment, after loosing everything again - its more a pain the in backside! Shooting great new game? Well, it won´t be for long. As many People will loose interest.

Feb 19, 2017, 08:0402/19/17

You HAVE to get into a clan .... the biggest toughest clan that will accept you ... but to STAY there you gotta be a PLAYER ... not a once every 3 days for 15 minutes player ...those kind are not generally around for long in GOOD clans.

So assuming you ARE a player - you use you clan mates shields to hide your troops and you send your resources to the banks when you go offline.

Of course you make sure you have a knowledge being researched, some troops being trained and a building being upgraded BEFORE you go offline.

It is PERFECTLY possible to play this game for free AND get leveled up and be a strong player eventually but you MUST use your clan for support. If you are working hard (i.e. farming etc) all the time they will not resent helping you.

In my clan we call the hiding of troops and res at ALL times playing smart .. if YOU play smart at all times you will prosper ...if you leave your troops at home and your resource there you will fail to progress... its pretty simple really 
Feb 19, 2017, 22:1002/19/17
Thanks Yelling Goat! Yeah more and more clan is a must as you level up although i still prefer to play solo. I know totally not the game i'm looking for but i had fun for awhile. Thus the name vikings war of clans because they want you to be in a clan. I'm pretty sure you can play the game for free but it will take long time to upgrade stuff.  

yelling goat said:

You HAVE to get into a clan .... the biggest toughest clan that will accept you ... but to STAY there you gotta be a PLAYER ... not a once every 3 days for 15 minutes player ...those kind are not generally around for long in GOOD clans.

So assuming you ARE a player - you use you clan mates shields to hide your troops and you send your resources to the banks when you go offline.

Of course you make sure you have a knowledge being researched, some troops being trained and a building being upgraded BEFORE you go offline.

It is PERFECTLY possible to play this game for free AND get leveled up and be a strong player eventually but you MUST use your clan for support. If you are working hard (i.e. farming etc) all the time they will not resent helping you.

In my clan we call the hiding of troops and res at ALL times playing smart .. if YOU play smart at all times you will prosper ...if you leave your troops at home and your resource there you will fail to progress... its pretty simple really 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.