All Categories

What is advantage for leveling Watchtower.

Search
Feb 13, 2017, 14:2402/13/17

Been playing 6 days now and all I see are people who buy 1000's of T5 troops... Port next to you, kill off everything and port out and place peace treaty on themselves.

The Watchtower is other games like this gives you advance notice to allow you to spend resources, send troops away or get reinforcements sent to you.  But with only 1 second notice this is obsolete in this game.  All other games like this, you are only allowed to port once a week (ish) have the game developers thought this through?

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 14, 2017, 08:3802/14/17
1 minute

The watchtower is usefull for those high tier bonuses.

Feb 16, 2017, 18:5402/16/17
Feb 16, 2017, 18:55(edited)

Yep city Defence ones are great, but the reason for a watchtower in every game I played except this one is to WATCH for attacks.  My whole point is; that with the ability to port next to a player 15 levels lower than you and wipe them out in 1 second and port away and treaty up, means you get no warning from a watchtower.

You cannot ask clan mates to reinforce you so why have that ability in this game.  You cant hide troops/resources as you get no warning. What's the point in knowing the attacking forces strengths when they attack 1 second after being sent out, the list is endless.

IMHO relocation uses should be limited to once every few hours not unlimited as it is atm.  This way players wont quit the game after a few days of playing because lots of the lvl 21's smash the level 3,4,5,6's every few minutes. Our clan is small and new but many top players like to hit us every few minutes then port away to safety. If it took longer for them to travel it would reduce the number of hits we each take per day and would make the watchtower useful for low level players.

Feb 18, 2017, 11:3302/18/17
10/21/15
It is really a pest, that there is no Cooldown after Town Jumping!
Feb 18, 2017, 13:5802/18/17
Feb 18, 2017, 13:59(edited)

The rule of thumb is to ALWAYS have troops and resources hidden if you plan to stay unshielded (log in regularly to send resources away). 

The way this game has evolved is that you stay in a hive. Big players will reinforce you by looking at attackers farming your hive. 

They need to act fast in order to trap those brainlessly sending marches. Using boosts, they'll be able to reinforce before the hit lands.

Feb 18, 2017, 17:2202/18/17
That would work if you could reinforce 10 people in your hive that get attacked all at the same time as they are close together.  But from what I have tested, reinforcements in a city = 1 march used up. So I can reinforce 1 or 2 people max and still harvest 1 or 2 resources. Or reinforce 3 or 4 people and not be able to do anything else with my troops as I am only allowed so many marches. (at my level).
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.