All Categories

Update: new Shaman, Ghosts, runes, defense upgrade in the Valkyries' Citadel, and more

Update: new Shaman, Ghosts, runes, defense upgrade in the Valkyries' Citadel, and more

Search
Nov 8, 2018, 12:0511/08/18
01/11/17

Added:

• New branch for upgrading warriors

Now you can improve troop defense in the Valkyries' Citadel.

• Shaman Raine the Wanderer

He specializes in Onslaughts, and capturing and defending Fortresses. Summon him in the Hall of Mysteries.

• 3 new Ghosts

The Helheim Warrior, Marsh Nixa, and Plague Raven will periodically appear on the Global Map.

• 12 runes 

By banishing the Helheim Warrior, Marsh Nixa, and Plague Raven, your Shaman will obtain the fragments of new runes. You will be able to create runes that give unique bonuses.

• Simplified Onslaught mechanics 

Now it's much easier to form Onslaughts. You don't need to reserve slots for participants anymore.

Other: 

• Changed battle reports: you can view the main stats of warriors who participated in the battle

• Changed boost mechanics when capturing and guarding Fortresses: you will receive corresponding bonuses only when the items are active

• Onslaught icon added to the Global Map screen

Upgrade and conquer the North! Share your opinion about this update in the comments. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 8, 2018, 12:5411/08/18
08/31/17

Seriously, this is too much now.

Try improving game play rather than adding more new stuff all the time, we need more diverse events to promote attacking, and also slow down shielding, you cant hit anyone unless you right next to them these days.

Nov 8, 2018, 13:0311/08/18
Nov 8, 2018, 13:05(edited)
09/27/18

Yeah this is a little too much,

while its great with updates, why not improve game play? Millions of dead lvl 1 towns everywhere littering the map. Also, there should be a way to test your army (and certain gear) inside of your clan with your clan mates. Like a battle arena. And more events such as a mini CVC-r in between CVC and KVK, etc. The events have gotten boring and the prizes for winning (especially a CVC) are very insignificant at this point. The maps, just in general, as well as animations of marches, etc need huge upgrades too.

Nov 8, 2018, 13:2611/08/18
09/29/18

I strongly agree.

1. We need a place for testing!!!!!!!

2. 400M resources for a win in a cb? Are you kidding me? This should be 4B resources. At this point winning a cb is not a priority at all. Everyone is just trying to close the event points to get some gold, but trying to win is just not worth the spent resources.  

3. Please, please, please, do something with the animation of the marches, both for hero (we have different heroes, lets get different animations) and shaman and troops on a march. 
Nov 8, 2018, 13:2811/08/18
Nov 8, 2018, 13:36(edited)
09/27/17

hmm this upgrade doesnt interest me at all i cant afford the normal shamans let alone paying for the new ones and making runes is a very expensive hobby in vikings as with most things these days. this game is getting more like a pay to play game than most  other online games,

i would also like to see some changes but ones that will help players and not line plariums pockets with gold,

transferring resources to other cities on my pc is painful sometimes the send button needs to be at the end of the slider function when sending food in large quantities its a pain moving the mouse around so much, you can tell this was designed for phone players that can use two hands and two fingers to send, its so much easier to do on the phone,

shielding also as said above does need looking into although it has become a lot better for me on my pc as it was always a lot slower than phone player and it left me open to attack in this game every second counts, 

the two main events need looking at too the cvc and kvk are becoming quite boring its the same old stuff week after week players are getting bored we need something different to do once a game becomes tedious game players tend to look for other games to play, cvc's in odin league are basically won now by the clans that have the biggest wallets or credit cards plarium might be raking in the money now but this will end eventually when players get bored of fighting plastic.

It would be really nice to see some new aspects to the game that arnt totally gold spending related or where it is only possible to progress when you have to purchase gold packs to get stuff like shaman points, although it was really nice to see good rewards from the pumpkin event but unless you buy hero energy some players were left feeling a little unhappy that they couldnt kill many, 

my guess is about 2 or 3 days after these new updates are in place the high money spenders will have these new shamans maxed and those players like myself will be left wondering if this game is really worth playing anymore. because as per usual after something new is introduced plarium bring out a new gold pack the day after containing what is needed to advance them, the citadel for me is a waste of time it is VERY expensive and the one where you need to use gold is insanely expensive not to mention the others are very resource expensive, it seems like a money spinner for the game developers, 

time to get real and start doing some things for the average player as there are more of this type of player than the ones with very deep pockets, 

Nov 8, 2018, 13:3711/08/18
04/14/18
I agree completely, get the basics right, make the game play better and stop the stupid errors like enemy towns being left in kingdoms after kvk events and running wild tile hitting.  I agree on the hard to hit anyone now too, the shortcut to shield was a mistake.  Shortcut everything else, but not to shielding.  Agree on the rewards for global competitions,  kvk gold mine are a joke!  Rss in cvc are also a hardly rewarding, more annoying as you have to immediately transfer it or switch chief.
Nov 8, 2018, 14:4011/08/18
11/08/18
I agree with everything above and the new battle reports are ABSOLUTE TRASH! I send a scout and get ZERO information about my enemies stats. I think you need to scrap that change immediately. The whole point of a scout is to get detailed information of how to stack up in battle. Not impressed. I have paid a lot to play but if this is the direction Plarium is going, I will move on to Titan Throne full time. That game has unique battle mechanics and stat combinations that make it far more intriguing and interesting. UBER DISAPPOINTED and I really enjoy the game but this update definitely deflated my interest in the game.
Nov 8, 2018, 14:4111/08/18
Nov 8, 2018, 14:50(edited)
11/08/18
Not a fan of the simplified battle report.  They really dumbed it down, You can't view detailed statistics of other players troops or your own.  
Nov 8, 2018, 14:4911/08/18
09/27/17

because of the way plarium are heading more towards gold grabbing i decided to shield up my cities for 3 months and go play my other games that dont require me to spend spend spend to play. 

you need to change your ways plarium before you loose your players and end up with a dead game 
Nov 8, 2018, 15:1211/08/18
08/09/17

So Plarium just wasted my battle shaman I invested so hard in? Made it lvl 60 with full gear and now it's useless because there is OS/PoP shaman... I don't believe it. I will use my shaman for ... hitting tiles?? BS!

Nov 8, 2018, 15:1311/08/18
Nov 8, 2018, 15:18(edited)
11/26/15

Hi,

i agree with the most writer before. Make new things what help us too play.

The new shamane we not need.

Why not comes talismane which can use for every shamane? In Events and so on.

Why not comes that you can selct only one kind of troops for an attack.  Chose e.x only near troops and than which level. And not see all kinds of trrops where you must scroll to selct what you want to send. (I write this in other thread what I mean)

CVC winnig resources are too less for higher strongholds. 400M is too less and the tax to send it is too much. From the 400M by Level 2 stronghold you only get 300M.

And when you have a clan with 100 members is 400M each for all very less when you want give all some.

The only think what is good in CVC is the skin!

Points for traninee or heal troops are too high against other!

And more which was write in the forum.

Nov 8, 2018, 15:3811/08/18
Dec 14, 2018, 21:57(edited)
07/06/17
This sucks...instead of new updates they should update shaman gears of existing for cavalry and killers...other shamans have improved equipments except those two...this game is become unplayable...for money which I must spent I can buy a house or must play 100 years to do anything... this game NOT WORTH IT nor money nor time...
Nov 8, 2018, 15:4311/08/18
08/05/17

What the hell is wrong with you asshats... removing stats from reports on Spy and Attack... its how I train my players and how we learn about our opponents..

You guys have done some dumb shit over the past 3 years but this one has got to be the dumbest move ever... you have just totally screwed the strategy of the game... the reports are part of planning your strategy so now are we suppose to freaking guess now.... DUMB DUMB DUMB people...FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2018, 16:0511/08/18
03/23/18

Buongiorno ancora una volta la plarium fa quello che vuole non ascoltando i giocatori che danno vita a questo gioco e che vi permettono anche di quadagnare soldi, se la plarium continua cosi rischia di perdere giocatori e vedere molta gente partire da questo gioco.

fare uno sciamano per il centro del potere mi potrebbe anche stare bene ma li sciamano per gli spetri dove e ? il dopio sciamano dove e ? un ultra sciamano dove e ? posso elencare tante cose da perfezionere di quello che ce gia invece di continuare a mettere cose nuove per creare confusione e rendere il gioco ancora piu comlicato. poteziare l'eroe sarebbe tempo di farlo e un bel po di tempo che ce e sono quasi tutti a 60 aumentare il livello delle citta anche quello sarebbe utile. Come o notato non sono il solo a lamentarsi delle riconpense delle bataglie ( ridicole ) per rapporto a quello che si spende in una bataglia Potrei continuare cosi per ore ma non servirebbe la plarium penso neanche legga queste cose o pelomeno non gli interessa ascoltare.

Nov 8, 2018, 16:1811/08/18
08/11/18

Nov 8, 2018, 17:0311/08/18
01/13/18

Interesting reading about how players are winning 400m resources!  Must be cc players, my clan doesn't get rss rewards from any clan event or battles.  Our members keep coming and going, and only have about 20-25 active players at any time.  Yes, the game is very, very boring having to wait for anything and everything!

I agree whole-heartedly with all comments above...

I also submit that there should be various activities, to include games and contests, "within" the basic Viking game...games within the game.
Nov 8, 2018, 17:4911/08/18
06/02/17

You guys are crazy. Which idiot thought changing the battle reports to just ofense defense and health without mentioning the reducers like they don't exist yet they drive the game. This is just unprofessional, shame on you. 

I got no problems with the money grab, you grubby ppl need to make large profits, but where are the new shaman gear for other shamans. Where is the performance improvement. New shaman, alright we can get it over time, but I noticed he doesn't have any reducers just hardcore pop stats. Doesn't mater no big problems with that. But changing pop and boosts in pop, sure give the attacker even more advantage and make us burn our 10 mins boosts but alright we will stack the pop we will work it out. New runes, oh fine we will get those too. 

But messing with the reports like you made the pop reports completely useless and misleading, what's up with that, I invest too much in this cos its a good strategy, how can I make a strategy with my clan if you do stuff like this. How do we know now if we can OS a 30b+ player if I can't see his reducers? Did you guys hire some new ppl who know nothing about that game? 

But you made shileds glow more and got us comic sans in the game, yea... Fix the reports ASAP or you will start losing money from big ppl and that's what scares you the most. 

Nov 8, 2018, 18:2611/08/18
06/02/17
my city called "zerozerosix" is almost 2 year old... my speciality was spy... since your update of the spy report make my city useless, do you plan to refund all the expense done by these who have specialize in spy
Nov 8, 2018, 19:5811/08/18
Nov 8, 2018, 19:59(edited)
11/08/18

I created an account just to comment on this thread. 

The new battle reports are a serious  DOWNGRADE. Everyone i have spoken to prefers the old reports.  If you do not revert back, i will be moving on to another game that doesn't downgrade itself, and actually upgrades with each update.

There are enough issues already to fix and improve, and all you have managed to do with this upgrade is add more crap we dont need, instead of improving events like cvc or adding a red event between cvc and kvk events. 

Instead, you have successfully destroy one of the best features of them game- espianoge. 

You have made battle reports useless, and essentially destroyed players who specialize in scouting...the point of which is to gain detailed information about enemies. 

Go back to the old reports. As it is, i will not be spending another dime on this game. 

Sincerely,

About to quit. 

Nov 8, 2018, 20:4211/08/18
Nov 9, 2018, 15:59(edited)
05/08/17
what on earth has been done to the detailed battle reports, What is the point of scouting now, it is one of the most important game dynamics and without detailed information on enemy troops as well as your own troops how can you make an informed decision about if you should attack or not and if you do decide to go ahead with the attack or not what troop type should you use. If you do not revert the battle reports back to the way they were people will be quitting in droves you can count on that.
Nov 8, 2018, 20:5311/08/18
09/23/18

farmhandrager said:

Millions of dead lvl 1 towns everywhere littering the map.

Just nuke them. Any inactive town for 4 weeks with under 1 million influence. Just make them gone. Be real nice to get rid of this guy.