All Categories

Getting more value from games

Search
Jun 4, 2018, 16:2506/04/18
06/04/18

Hey everyone, thanks for gaming!

I'm a game developer who wants to give gamers more value in their lives and gaming experiences. To do this I'm gathering feedback about the things that you like or dislike, what makes you mad and what makes you feel truly rewarded? My hope is that by getting feedback, together we can build better games in the future!

How about it? I could really use your input!

Whats the worst part about these games?

What makes you happy?

Sincerely;

Pancakes.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 5, 2018, 13:0506/05/18
02/21/18

Nice idea, but I suspect you wont get many replies as your target audience is very small.

How many of the players of this game actually use the forum ,and how many who do actually read everything, let alone respond?

Also you are probably missing the biggest proportion of potential players, those who quit this game .

No doubt you would get a  very different set of answers from them, to those you might get from those who still play it.

The answers you might want would depend on whether you are person who wants to develop a game with the idea of running it themselves or selling it to someone like the owner of this game, who might have a different  plan of how it might operate it.

How much profit would you be desirable?

Would it be  for a short time ,or extended time? 

A large amount from a small player base, or a small  amount  from a large player base  where the loss from numbers playing would be less significant?

A lot of the topics on the forum would seem to be  about  fairness and inequality and  cheating  in the game, bugs in the program and boredom,  which would seem to be interconnected issues .

Jun 5, 2018, 22:0606/05/18
11/26/15

Hi,

Pancakes are you a developer from this game?
Jun 6, 2018, 07:3306/06/18
Jun 6, 2018, 07:39(edited)
07/09/15

Make a game where effort = rewards,  You can still have pay to play.  But, have additional tasks that can keep the ones that want to burn the midnight oil  and not pay so much still competitive. 

Example:  farming is tedious in vikings.  Make the rewards much better so the farmers can catch up a little.  Right now the are horrible for this tedious task.

The Plarium Nords game had tasks that refreshed every 3 hours that would give rewards if completed.  Make them where effort is required and the reward is worth the effort.

That way you can even advertise there are ways to stay in the mainstream game with constant effort.

This will keep gamers engaged.

Jun 8, 2018, 19:2306/08/18
03/03/17

I strongly doubt that you a game developer. Why do you need go to this forum with such questions? If you game developer you probably must have your own games with their own forums