Super fast attack, what is this ?

23 Replies
User
1 May, 2018, 7:42 PM UTC
I have been attacked with a super fast attack from afar on a tile. I was looking the map, and I have seen the troops come quite instantly - I nearly couldn't see it, and then they went away much slower. How is that possible ? I haven't seen any boost giving more than a 50% acceleration... Is this a cheat ?
UTC +2:00
0
Mee
User
1 May, 2018, 8:09 PM UTC
It's not a speed "boost" but a reduction of total time left to destination. It looks like lag when used.
UTC +7:00
0
User
1 May, 2018, 8:17 PM UTC

Howowowow... How do you DO that !??


When you click on the boost button, you get an option to speed-up marching time by 25% or 50%, but !NOT! an option to reduce total time left to destination !!!

UTC +2:00
0
Mee
User
1 May, 2018, 8:22 PM UTC
Click on the marching icon while it's underway, then the option becomes available. You can test it out marching to a resource tile safely.
UTC +7:00
0
User
1 May, 2018, 8:26 PM UTC

Mee said:


Click on the marching icon while it's underway, then the option becomes available. You can test it out marching to a resource tile safely.

No, it doesn't. That exactly what I did before sending my previous reply and I just retried once again.

When I did that, I only got both the 25% and 50% speed-up, and that's all.

UTC +2:00
1
Mee
User
1 May, 2018, 8:47 PM UTC

Yep, that's the command. Hit it multiple times during the march to make it seem instantaneous. 

It's called sniping and was a viable defense against multiple offending tile-hitters before Plarium added the favorite booster tab

UTC +7:00
0
User
1 May, 2018, 9:08 PM UTC
Oh... That's the trick : It 's cumulative, in fact... So it was more expansive for him to buy those boosters, than for me to resurrect my troops...
UTC +2:00
0
Mee
User
1 May, 2018, 9:27 PM UTC
Lol...yeah, it's costly from afar. Some players like wasting gold.
UTC +7:00
0
User
1 May, 2018, 10:07 PM UTC

when you see that the player who did that has more than 100 times my influence level, you end up thinking that there is a personality problem behind this...

UTC +2:00
0
User
1 May, 2018, 11:26 PM UTC
there is a 75 percent one too.  It really gets you there fast
UTC +5:00
0
User
1 May, 2018, 11:40 PM UTC

Do you need something special to get it ? Because I do not see it anywhere...

BTW, how much does it cost ?
UTC +2:00
0
User
2 May, 2018, 1:14 AM UTC
it is like the 75% yielding... you can have the 75% speed as reward in some event... not sure that you can buy it somewhere
UTC +2:00
0
User
2 May, 2018, 2:25 AM UTC
You can have them in several pack.
UTC +2:00
0
User
2 May, 2018, 3:15 AM UTC

pilou said:


Do you need something special to get it ? Because I do not see it anywhere...

BTW, how much does it cost ?

First there is march bonus which is like 50% for 1 hr 100% for 30mins 200% for 15 mins speed up of marches. Which is way better second there is this 25% 50% 75% instant speed up that comes after marches have left town. 75% one is one which we have from packs(generally) and from few special invaders we get due to some festivals. But main source of them is packs.And we cant buy them.

Akshay
UTC +11:00
0
User
3 May, 2018, 9:36 AM UTC

pilou said:


Oh... That's the trick : It 's cumulative, in fact... So it was more expansive for him to buy those boosters, than for me to resurrect my troops...

No it wasn't, he used 2 to 4 75% to hit you. He used no gold for it cos it comes with a pack and you get a lot of them. You resurrecting troops with gold is the worst thing you can do. Don't send anything but t1 to farm tiles and use gold to buy boosts for training troops never ever resurrect.

And if it was a kvk or cvc ppl hit for points not cos they have a personality problem as far as I know. It's usually the small and new players that send high t troops we big players like to demolish for huge points.

UTC +7:00
1
User
3 May, 2018, 11:36 AM UTC
StitchyTurtle said:

No it wasn't, he used 2 to 4 75% to hit you. He used no gold for it cos it comes with a pack and you get a lot of them. You resurrecting troops with gold is the worst thing you can do. Don't send anything but t1 to farm tiles and use gold to buy boosts for training troops never ever resurrect.

And if it was a kvk or cvc ppl hit for points not cos they have a personality problem as far as I know. It's usually the small and new players that send high t troops we big players like to demolish for huge points.

Well, to go THAT fast, he clearly needed more than 2-3 75% (I didn't calculate, but I'm not even sure 4 would have been enough), and if he paid it with real money, thing would be even worse. he used this trick to kill no more than a few thousands T1, so I don't think it gave him that huge points on a CVC that would play around tens or hundreds of million points (and regarding CVC, I was from his kingdom, not even from his enemy clan).
UTC +2:00
0
User
3 May, 2018, 11:53 AM UTC

3 x 75% can be very fast.

If need 1 minutes, first 75 % make it left only 25 seconds,

2nd 75% left 6 seconds,

3rd 75% left 2 seconds,

If each click takes 1 second, altogether, it takes only 5 second to finish a 60 second travel.


Similarly, if travel time is 4 minutes, use 4 x 75% can make it finish in 6 seconds.
UTC +0:00
0
User
3 May, 2018, 1:09 PM UTC

sindri said:


3 x 75% can be very fast.

Yes, but not that fast that it looks like there is lag in the network.

3 x 75% means you go 64 times faster than the normal speed and 4 x 75% goes 256 times faster.

In what I observed, he had at least up to T5 units (notoriously slow), and he was going so fast, that each successive image of the animation was nearly one «kilometer» ahead from the previous one.

UTC +2:00
0
User
3 May, 2018, 4:02 PM UTC

pilou said:


Yes, but not that fast that it looks like there is lag in the network.

3 x 75% means you go 64 times faster than the normal speed and 4 x 75% goes 256 times faster.

In what I observed, he had at least up to T5 units (notoriously slow), and he was going so fast, that each successive image of the animation was nearly one «kilometer» ahead from the previous one.

This speed ups applies to total time regardless of troops. Yes i agree that higher level troops are slow but you got to have marching speed bonus in special equipments(SH equipments for particular troops) and even they reduce time by doing troop speed up bonus. So i guess by this you can reduce time marching speed time like (200 from marching speed bonus + 120 from hero set)% and then again you get 75% boost...that also helps a lot. If i send t5 killers with above stats from 60kms distance they would take like 15mins to reach and then i apply 75% so time is reduced to 4 mins and then i use 75% so time gets like 1 min and last 75% so time is like 20secs. That pretty much faster if you see that on map for yourself.


And about distance 75% of 60kms is about 45kms. so in just a click your troops are almost 15kms away from target. That's how it works
Akshay
UTC +11:00
0
User
3 May, 2018, 4:40 PM UTC

Actually, it is not about speed, it is about time:

The item to use is called "Marching Speed-up of 75%",

The description is "Use this item to reduce remaining march time by 75%"

So when you use it, it is just jump,

If there is 16 km, when you click the the item first time, your army just jump 12 km until 4 km remains.

When you click 2nd time, it jumps 3 km, only 1 km left,

You click it again, only 1/4 km left.

So you just click 3 times, 15 and 3/4 km has been skipped with almost no time.

That is why you feel it was so fast.



You can buy 50% and 25% by gold:


UTC +0:00
0
3084668 users registered; 64557 topics; 342441 post; our newest member:corazon