All Categories

How to increase your chances to win CVC

Search
Jun 10, 2022, 03:5406/10/22
07/29/17

easy and not expensive

1. create an alt account in your kingdom and make it a solo clan.

2. make a solid stronghold that can do siege for your alt clan. No need to make your alt strong. Your main account can get you the rss needed during Jotunheim 

3. ally the alt clan to your main clan

4. Do your main siege and alt siege during cvc with your main account and win!

This is what my opponent did yesterday in cvc. They scored about 54b in their first siege and a similar tally  in their second and won. My lvl 4 siege tower was not enough to win. Vikings fb home page advised me to contact the Plarium technical department about this because they said it smelled like cheating. Here is their response :

"In this case, it is possible to earn points in the Clans Battle by helping to defend the Stronghold of the allied Clan. Please note that in the chat, you can see notifications about a Siege start of those Clans who have opponents in your Kingdom. That's why if the allied Clan of your opponent doesn't have an opponent in your Kingdom, then you will not view the notification about the Siege activation in their Stronghold."

Frankly, that is the logical answer. By creating alliances, Plarium opened the door for this. That means any clan should make an alt SH and you can do two full sieges during cvc or any other event. You will see it happen.

Solo clans can now be in a clan without SH so they get a weak opponent and do SH Siege in their alt clan and win every cvc. Yup, there are simply great possibilities here for everyone to win.

However, as far as I understand it, this falls under section 2.2 of the in-game rules : breaking the games balance. Since everyone can do this, and most people won't report it, how are they going to stop it?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 10, 2022, 10:5606/10/22
09/19/20

The simple way is to only allow clan members to participate in a SH seige. At the same time it would be nice if they fixed seiges so that only your opponent can attack and not anyone hoping to gain soul shards or even worse members of the same kd just wanting to spoil people's fun.

Jun 11, 2022, 13:5606/11/22
04/06/18

What you describe does not break the game's balance rather it takes advantage of the new balance which the introduction of alliances created.

Even after the introduction of alliances, fighting in the game is substantially a mere matter of brute force with little or no opportunity for skill or finesse.  Alliances seem to me welcome, both so as to expand the opportunity for diplomacy and to introduce just a little tactical/strategic manoevring into the game.

Your opponents are playing well and once you can rid yourself of your misplaced distaste your comments show that you are starting to learn from them and can begin to consider what options you may have to emulate them.

Jun 12, 2022, 04:2406/12/22
Jun 12, 2022, 05:27(edited)
07/29/17
John

What you describe does not break the game's balance rather it takes advantage of the new balance which the introduction of alliances created.

Even after the introduction of alliances, fighting in the game is substantially a mere matter of brute force with little or no opportunity for skill or finesse.  Alliances seem to me welcome, both so as to expand the opportunity for diplomacy and to introduce just a little tactical/strategic manoevring into the game.

Your opponents are playing well and once you can rid yourself of your misplaced distaste your comments show that you are starting to learn from them and can begin to consider what options you may have to emulate them.

Dear John, 

although I am getting used to your derogatory remarks, that doesn't mean I appreciate them or agree. And no, I don't learn from this enemy since it was pretty obvious from the start that these tactics were a possibility. My remarks include the fact that I have nor time nor resources for a second SH, so instead of pointing out the obvious, you may as well read my first post again. It's not a sign of high intelligence to repeat what I already wrote. You may notice in a re-read that I already posted on fb that Plarium itself advised me to report this and that these tactics sounded ok to me given the alliance rules. 

However, both on facebook and now also here, Plarium advises to contact them when people use these tactics, so clearly they are concerned. It is not up to you, John, to decide whether some mechanisms in the game are fine or not. That is up to the designers and that is why I report this.

I aked you before to write something constructive instead of picking on people. I am asking you again. To my opinion, people like you should be banned from a forum because you lack respect and understanding.

Jun 12, 2022, 13:2706/12/22
11/30/17

What were your expectations of the information contained in your opening post of this topic?

Jun 13, 2022, 11:4606/13/22
Jun 13, 2022, 11:56(edited)
09/15/15

Maybe an answer to the question at the end?  I.e. .. since everyone can do it Plarium wont need to try and stop it. 

However since every win increases the chance of a tougher oponent next time there must come a time when winning is no longer guaranteed.

Jun 15, 2022, 15:4206/15/22
11/30/17

I think I got that, but I also thought I detected a hint of sour grapes.

It would seem that knowing how to do it doesn't mean it can be achieved, or there's a successful outcome,in a contest of two someone inevitably looses .  

It clearly doesn't assist those complainants who can't compete on an equal footing with those who have also been manipulating the draw even further in their favour in order to win.

Jun 15, 2022, 16:0006/15/22
Jun 15, 2022, 16:01(edited)
07/29/17
ANYONE

What were your expectations of the information contained in your opening post of this topic?

I read people complaining about this. My goal was to make it clear to everyone that it is correct gameplay endorsed by Plarium. Since I copied their answer from their mail there is no doubt. There are plenty of people who have trouble winning. No harm in giving them a handout how to do better.

Personally I have learned a lot from my enemies during cvc, but it takes some tactical understanding to connect the dots sometimes.