All Categories

The state of the game

The state of the game

Search
Jun 7, 2022, 08:4406/07/22
05/06/22

The state of the game

I concur with a lot of the posts I've seen here. The game continues to cater to big spending players at the expense of building an active new crop of players. I spent years  building my town to level 35 to compete with the "big guys and gals" only to have your developers increase palace levels to 40. I saw players go to l40 within a day, tell me they didn't buy those levels. Good for your bottom line but not good for the game.

Clans can't find any players to join them, their numbers are dwindling, kingdoms are dominated by one clan and the rest are rotting on the vine. Jotunheim is awash with unshielded l40 players and lower level players just waiting/hoping to get a percentage point or two from a troll which never arrives (when it does it is immediately swarmed) and not get burned by a l40.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be playing this game if I didn't enjoy it. I take great pride in my accomplishments, knowing I didn't outright buy them. But, I worry that the game just continues to be overly top heavy. I see it in members of my clans, an apathy towards the clan and kingdom which perhaps mirrors society but spells doom for Vikings.

So, no specific recommendations for your developers, those are endless, just remember it's not all about "the money". A more level playing field would do wonders to reinvigorating the Vikings world. And, I'm talking to upper leadership here, not admin, developers or support. 😉

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 7, 2022, 14:0806/07/22
01/11/17

Hi Nate! It's important for us to know your opinion on this issue 🙏Your feedback has been forwarded to our developer team, thank you for your commitment to the game 👍

Jun 8, 2022, 10:5906/08/22
04/06/18

Your ambition to compete with people who come to the site to shop is misplaced.

What you need to do is to abandon impatience and to set achievable short term and medium term goals.

Where I rather agree with you is in what you say about clans.  Without doubt clans are the best thing about the game but the developer does little or nothing to foster this aspect of the game.  The clearest example of this is the absurd failure to provide translation or even copy/paste for chat.  My own preferred solution would be for the developers to team up with a clan hosting service (it must be one readily available in Russia as well as the rest of the world).  Chat rooms in clan sites with translation available would make communication possible and easy.  Of course many tools might be developed in clan sites and the cohesion and development of clans would be enhanced.  If there is no suitable clan hosting site Plarium International Ltd could launch one.

The policy to keep opening new servers and creating new kingdoms is bad.  Once the dead towns are finally removed there could sensibly be a moratorium on new kingdoms and new players can then be assigned to existing kingdoms.  In fact it would make a lot of sense to close down some of the dead kingdoms and give the servers to the programmer so that they can run bera tests on new developments - the community would provide guinea pigs for the testing.

Jun 8, 2022, 12:2106/08/22
09/19/20

Agree re translation. My smallest account is in a newish kd. There's lots of clan chat but it's almost entirely in Russian. I don't want to move KDs as I can't take the clan SH with me but it's boring being in a kd with no interaction.

Jun 8, 2022, 14:1106/08/22
01/11/17

The translator is currently being tested on another project, as soon as everything is ready, we will implement it into the game 👍

Jun 8, 2022, 14:1206/08/22
Jun 8, 2022, 14:25(edited)
06/21/17

Though there is no requirement to do so ,I am not convinced by the arguement that removing dormant accounts  and sendiing all new players to old kingdoms is the cure to everything that ails the game.

This type of game is broken even before it starts  but I believe it has detiorated since it changed hands ,when a mess was created that they keep trying to fix by using sticking plaster which only makes things worse, though it does keep their till ringing.

Though I would have the enthusiasm of ignorance and something new,I wouldn't want to come to the realization that I was so far behind everyone else that I was only useful as cannon fodder, and the help offered by a request from a clan to join them was only a temporary measure and for their benefit more than mine and I would be discarded  when no longer useful.

Apart from that ,many clans who think, (and might be), running the whole show, don't want people jumping to 'their ' kingdom because they say as much on their clan page.

I would say  that many top players, clans, are not really interested in playing the game, only maintaining or advancing their status by doing as little as possible in this endeavour.

Lets face it what is there to do  once you have bought everything? 

Nothing till they add nore content.

I could be wrong here, but I wouldnt think they would need more than 1 beta test server and they could, would, be doing so already if they thought it served a purpose.